The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:57:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)  (Read 43175 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2011, 06:50:50 PM »

Didn't Wally Pfister want to shoot the whole thing in IMAX?  Is that still going down?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2011, 09:09:20 PM »

Didn't Wally Pfister want to shoot the whole thing in IMAX?  Is that still going down?

I believe so.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2011, 09:16:32 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2011, 09:21:41 PM by Kayle Merchant »

I don't have an IMAX near me I believe so I won't get to see it's supposed beauty, but it's better than a movie shot in crapmospheric 3D.

Also $250 mil, if they build things like this on $160 mil for Inception, should at least include some bad ass special effects.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2011, 12:44:10 AM »

Still sorta hoping that this is one huge red herring and there's still going to be a calculating villain.  It just doesn't seem that strong of a story yet.

I have a sneaking suspicion (which some would call a horrible apocalyptic vision) of Batman being seen as the calculated villain for most of the movie (based of the ending TDK), Joseph Gordon-Levitt to be a complex Robin character who takes credit for all the Batman deeds (this fact being hidden so fans won't commit suicide), and the ensemble of other official villains just being plot filler.

If this happens I have lost respect for Nolan.  Seriously, how the hell do you screw this up that badly?  Well, then again, he hates third films so maybe he's just doing this to screw over WB.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2011, 01:02:54 AM »

Still sorta hoping that this is one huge red herring and there's still going to be a calculating villain.  It just doesn't seem that strong of a story yet.

I have a sneaking suspicion (which some would call a horrible apocalyptic vision) of Batman being seen as the calculated villain for most of the movie (based of the ending TDK), Joseph Gordon-Levitt to be a complex Robin character who takes credit for all the Batman deeds (this fact being hidden so fans won't commit suicide), and the ensemble of other official villains just being plot filler.

If this happens I have lost respect for Nolan.  Seriously, how the hell do you screw this up that badly?  Well, then again, he hates third films so maybe he's just doing this to screw over WB.

Rumors suggest I am wrong, so don't worry.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2011, 02:11:04 PM »

http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/186043

Another one.  lol.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2011, 02:17:15 PM »

This is Nolan's secret scheme to win his Oscars.  He's going to cast as many members of the Academy as possible in this thing.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2011, 02:36:33 PM »

Big Announcements!

Anne Hathaway is playing Selina Kyle (and presumably Catwoman)

Tom Hardy is playing Bane

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113998-anne-hathaway-to-play-selina-kyle-in-the-dark-knight-rises

Kind of surprising. I hope there's at least one other major villain in it.

I'm hoping for a calculating villain to be in it....Bane just seems too....brute strength to me to fill that role.

And I find it funny that the title of the film seems to be the exact opposite of the word Knightfall.  Nolan certainly has some twisted sense of humour.Tongue

Actually, in the comics Bane is both strong and highly intelligent.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2011, 09:34:27 AM »

The official TDKR site is online but so far this is all that happens when you click on it:

http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/

I'd have to say that that's legitimately creepy... and awesome.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2011, 10:20:38 AM »

Well... we now have our first look at Tom Hardy as Bane!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167341-activity-on-the-official-the-dark-knight-rises-site
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2011, 05:04:07 PM »

I'm guessing this means Bane is going to the main villain then with that kind of marketing strategy.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2011, 10:58:20 PM »

I'm guessing this means Bane is going to the main villain then with that kind of marketing strategy.

I wouldn't know who else could be the main villain at his point. Tongue

But does this mean Azrael makes an appearance?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2011, 11:41:23 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2011, 11:42:58 PM by Dvorak Standard Keyboard »

I wouldn't know who else could be the main villain at his point. Tongue

But does this mean Azrael makes an appearance?

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman?  Though I guess that's not really much of a villain as opposed to a bitch.

I'm not really familiar with the Bane story, is there a reason the twitter feed was called TheFireRises?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2011, 12:23:22 AM »

Bane's backstory in the comics is actually kind of vague so I'm guessing Nolan is going to have some fun with it.

Also I'm far from convinced that Bane is the main villain. In fact, I'm really starting to think that it might be Ra's al Ghul again.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2011, 12:43:06 AM »

Bane's backstory in the comics is actually kind of vague so I'm guessing Nolan is going to have some fun with it.

Also I'm far from convinced that Bane is the main villain. In fact, I'm really starting to think that it might be Ra's al Ghul again.

How would that possibly work though?  I mean, sure, it brings things full circle, but it seems very disjointed.

I am becoming convinced that Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays Azrael...though I don't get how any of this makes sense considering that Robin isn't even in the story.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2011, 01:04:51 AM »

Nolan woke up again this morning and decided he needed more characters: A judge and a priest.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2011, 01:06:15 AM »

I'm really starting to believe everyone in this film will only get 10 min of screen time.  Each.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2011, 01:44:25 AM »

TDKR was getting a little boring, so let's get Matthew Modine in here, too.  http://www.avclub.com/articles/matthew-modine-is-the-nowobligatory-80s-actor-in-t,56492/
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2011, 07:29:41 AM »

I was just thinking, I wonder if Nolan will finally be able to overcome the curse of the third superhero movie?

I mean, has there ever been a third superhero film in a series that critics and fans have greatly enjoyed? Think of what has come before... Superman III, Batman Forever, Blade: Trinity, X-Men: The Last Stand, Spider-man 3, etc.

That is quite the rogues gallery.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2011, 01:41:16 PM »

I was just thinking, I wonder if Nolan will finally be able to overcome the curse of the third superhero movie?

I mean, has there ever been a third superhero film in a series that critics and fans have greatly enjoyed? Think of what has come before... Superman III, Batman Forever, Blade: Trinity, X-Men: The Last Stand, Spider-man 3, etc.

That is quite the rogues gallery.

I think he can.  Critics rarely enjoy Superhero movies to begin with.  The 2000s Spiderman and Batman sagas are the only ones that received the acclaim of "real movies" and not just "kinda sucks, but is a superhero flick so 3.5 stars."

One thing that might help is I don't think Nolan will settle on a happy ending to this.  Building plots that lead to cheesy George Lucas whimsical endings are what doom most of these third part trilogies.  It wouldn't surprise me if Wayne dies or something less uplifting, but conclusive.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2011, 06:00:54 PM »

One thing that might help is I don't think Nolan will settle on a happy ending to this.  Building plots that lead to cheesy George Lucas whimsical endings are what doom most of these third part trilogies.

The death of the Jedi, Padme, Yoda failing and the rise of the Empire was a whimsical ending? Tongue

That being said, Revenge of the Sith was the best prequel film.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2011, 06:51:59 PM »

One thing that might help is I don't think Nolan will settle on a happy ending to this.  Building plots that lead to cheesy George Lucas whimsical endings are what doom most of these third part trilogies.

The death of the Jedi, Padme, Yoda failing and the rise of the Empire was a whimsical ending? Tongue

That being said, Revenge of the Sith was the best prequel film.

Revenge of the Sith couldn't have a whimsical ending because it was trying to bridge the gap to the original Star Wars.  A real third piece like Return of the Jedi had freaking Ewoks.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2011, 01:11:12 AM »

Potentially huge news (this could be considered spoilerish so fair warning):

http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/news/14644/film-news-liam-neeson-spotted-on-the-dark-knight-rises-set

I had personally suspected this might happen.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2011, 01:43:54 AM »

Potentially huge news (this could be considered spoilerish so fair warning):

http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/news/14644/film-news-liam-neeson-spotted-on-the-dark-knight-rises-set

I had personally suspected this might happen.

I was hoping he wouldn't rehash him. Sad
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2011, 11:02:10 PM »

The teaser poster:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167817-the-teaser-poster-for-the-dark-knight-rises

The first trailer will be attached to Harry Potter.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies