The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:55:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)  (Read 43422 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: October 28, 2010, 10:18:36 PM »

Anyway, after reading other suggestions, these are some good villain ideas:

Scarecrow

He already played a major role in the first (yet was still kind of one of the weakest parts), and had a short cameo bit in the second (where it was quite obvious that he was arrested), so why? He's obviously out.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 11:56:42 AM »

Where's Robin?

I don't like Nolan's serious Batman. It's a comic book! It's meant to be camp and ridiculous. Not pretentious and humourless.

Uh, most comics aren't camp and ridiculous. The Batman comic was originally quite dark. Just until now people associated it mostly with that silly Adam West TV show.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 09:31:46 PM »

Jon Stewart had a great point about how ironic it is that Romney's Bain business comes around with a movie about Bane. Ha.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 09:46:54 PM »

Sold out. Sad

(Will not read thread due to possible spoilers)

Might have to catch a Sunday matinee.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 08:44:12 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2012, 09:16:15 PM by They Move on Tracks of Never-Ending Light »

Saw it. I realize I should've probably rewatched Batman Begins instead of The Dark Knight before it since it has more to do with Batman Begins. I probably will watch Batman Begins before rewatching it. Looks like one of AndrewBerger's "suggestions" after The Dark Knight for the third movie came true as well.

Did anyone notice that Bale had surprisingly low screentime? Probably less than Joseph Gordon-Levitt, he arguably was the true main character.

Also if it's eight years after the last movie, wouldn't that make it set in 2016? That would make Catwoman 30 rather than 26, closer to Anne Hathaway's real age (she can easily pass for either though so no big deal.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 12:02:35 AM »

There is one thing that kind of really bugged me (big spoiler so I'm white texting it):

The death of Bane. When I saw it I just kind of assumed he died because Batman was harming his mask and he was going crazy, but thought the film never addressed it. It wasn't until afterwards when I read some other things when I realized Catwoman killed him when she rescued Batman, but that's basically a blink and you miss it scene. I'll pay more attention next time I see it, but I'm surprised by the lack of focus on such a big deal.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 11:51:47 AM »

Also if it's eight years after the last movie, wouldn't that make it set in 2016? That would make Catwoman 30 rather than 26, closer to Anne Hathaway's real age (she can easily pass for either though so no big deal.)

Actually, I believe that in TDK, they say that it's only been about a year since Batman Begins, so I guess the timeline would be something like:

2005 Batman Begins (at least from the time Bruce returns to Gotham and becomes Batman)
2006 The Dark Knight
2014 The Dark Knight Rises

But when do they say what Catwoman's age is?  I don't remember that.

Her date of birth was on the screen when Bruce pulled up her file. It was something September 1985.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 06:09:28 PM »

Interestingly I had the Gangster Squad trailer, which I heard was being pulled before it because of the scene shooting up a movie theater.

Gully and Beet really like to overanalyze comic book movies, and Frank Miller's politics obviously don't drive every work he creates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies