The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:38:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)  (Read 43428 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 28, 2010, 12:08:27 PM »

Damnit.  The Riddler was supposed to be Eddie Murphy's comeback.

But please no Mr. Freeze.  Batman & Robin killed that character.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:22:18 AM »

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman!?!

Potential miscast, but we'll see
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 08:39:39 PM »

Robin has pretty much been written off as the Cousin Oliver of the comic book world.  I doubt any serious film will ever include him.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 02:12:20 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2011, 02:15:41 PM by Love on a Real Train »

Joseph.

So I guess we'll be seeing him in Nolan movies from now on.  The scary part in the article is this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Indie street-smart Gotham girl is potential shark jumping territory, if Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as villains weren't already.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 09:47:21 PM »

Wait, Tom Wilkinson is in it, too?

Either this movie is going to be 6 hours long or most of these guys are just going to have 1-2 lines of dialogue.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 04:17:35 PM »

Is this movie going to be 5 hours long?  There's a new character added every week.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 04:33:24 PM »

This movie really isn't sounding very good...

I don't know if it's bad, but it feels more like Batman Begins "forgettable good" than Dark Knight "instant classic."
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 09:13:13 PM »

Still sorta hoping that this is one huge red herring and there's still going to be a calculating villain.  It just doesn't seem that strong of a story yet.

I have a sneaking suspicion (which some would call a horrible apocalyptic vision) of Batman being seen as the calculated villain for most of the movie (based of the ending TDK), Joseph Gordon-Levitt to be a complex Robin character who takes credit for all the Batman deeds (this fact being hidden so fans won't commit suicide), and the ensemble of other official villains just being plot filler.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 06:50:50 PM »

Didn't Wally Pfister want to shoot the whole thing in IMAX?  Is that still going down?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 09:16:32 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2011, 09:21:41 PM by Kayle Merchant »

I don't have an IMAX near me I believe so I won't get to see it's supposed beauty, but it's better than a movie shot in crapmospheric 3D.

Also $250 mil, if they build things like this on $160 mil for Inception, should at least include some bad ass special effects.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 01:02:54 AM »

Still sorta hoping that this is one huge red herring and there's still going to be a calculating villain.  It just doesn't seem that strong of a story yet.

I have a sneaking suspicion (which some would call a horrible apocalyptic vision) of Batman being seen as the calculated villain for most of the movie (based of the ending TDK), Joseph Gordon-Levitt to be a complex Robin character who takes credit for all the Batman deeds (this fact being hidden so fans won't commit suicide), and the ensemble of other official villains just being plot filler.

If this happens I have lost respect for Nolan.  Seriously, how the hell do you screw this up that badly?  Well, then again, he hates third films so maybe he's just doing this to screw over WB.

Rumors suggest I am wrong, so don't worry.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 02:17:15 PM »

This is Nolan's secret scheme to win his Oscars.  He's going to cast as many members of the Academy as possible in this thing.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 05:04:07 PM »

I'm guessing this means Bane is going to the main villain then with that kind of marketing strategy.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 11:41:23 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2011, 11:42:58 PM by Dvorak Standard Keyboard »

I'm guessing this means Bane is going to the main villain then with that kind of marketing strategy.

I wouldn't know who else could be the main villain at his point. Tongue

But does this mean Azrael makes an appearance?

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman?  Though I guess that's not really much of a villain as opposed to a bitch.

I'm not really familiar with the Bane story, is there a reason the twitter feed was called TheFireRises?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 01:04:51 AM »

Nolan woke up again this morning and decided he needed more characters: A judge and a priest.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 01:44:25 AM »

TDKR was getting a little boring, so let's get Matthew Modine in here, too.  http://www.avclub.com/articles/matthew-modine-is-the-nowobligatory-80s-actor-in-t,56492/
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 01:41:16 PM »

I was just thinking, I wonder if Nolan will finally be able to overcome the curse of the third superhero movie?

I mean, has there ever been a third superhero film in a series that critics and fans have greatly enjoyed? Think of what has come before... Superman III, Batman Forever, Blade: Trinity, X-Men: The Last Stand, Spider-man 3, etc.

That is quite the rogues gallery.

I think he can.  Critics rarely enjoy Superhero movies to begin with.  The 2000s Spiderman and Batman sagas are the only ones that received the acclaim of "real movies" and not just "kinda sucks, but is a superhero flick so 3.5 stars."

One thing that might help is I don't think Nolan will settle on a happy ending to this.  Building plots that lead to cheesy George Lucas whimsical endings are what doom most of these third part trilogies.  It wouldn't surprise me if Wayne dies or something less uplifting, but conclusive.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 06:51:59 PM »

One thing that might help is I don't think Nolan will settle on a happy ending to this.  Building plots that lead to cheesy George Lucas whimsical endings are what doom most of these third part trilogies.

The death of the Jedi, Padme, Yoda failing and the rise of the Empire was a whimsical ending? Tongue

That being said, Revenge of the Sith was the best prequel film.

Revenge of the Sith couldn't have a whimsical ending because it was trying to bridge the gap to the original Star Wars.  A real third piece like Return of the Jedi had freaking Ewoks.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 11:59:56 PM »

Likely to be a 30 second trailer of muddled sentences that make no sense to anybody but will we'll all look back on it years of now as "awwwesome trailerrr"
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 12:46:01 AM »

Likely to be a 30 second trailer of muddled sentences that make no sense to anybody but will we'll all look back on it years of now as "awwwesome trailerrr"

It is confirmed to be 1 minute and 26 seconds. That is significantly longer than even Batman Begins first trailer which contained quite a bit of actual footage. I think we will get something serious.

They're still filming though... what could they possibly have to show this weekend?  Definitely no fight scenes without any post production.   Probably just a conversation between Bale and Caine/Oldman.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 05:17:38 PM »

So who's the villain in this? Is it really cat woman? I'm sure it'll be a good film, but I'd be shocked if it outdid the Dark Night.

Bane is the main villain.  Catwoman appears to be the Harvey Dent/Two Face of this story.

I just hope Anne Hathaway doesn't chew the scenery too much.  She seems dangerously capable in that regard.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 01:00:52 PM »

So, a cheap clip of Bale and Oldman talking and rehashed footage from the first two movies?  I was close in my prediction.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 06:16:09 PM »

Trailer has leaked. Fair warning: it is a bootleg an the quality is awful. You may want to wait for the
official release.

http://www.pinkisthenewblog.com/2011/07/first-look-the-batman-the-dark-knight-rises-trailer-leaks-to-the-internets/

This is the first blog I found where the video hadn't been ripped down already.

Doesn't exist anymore, huh?

I hope Bruce Wayne doesn't go all emo Peter in this one like SM3.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 06:22:39 PM »

Trailer has leaked. Fair warning: it is a bootleg an the quality is awful. You may want to wait for the
official release.

http://www.pinkisthenewblog.com/2011/07/first-look-the-batman-the-dark-knight-rises-trailer-leaks-to-the-internets/

This is the first blog I found where the video hadn't been ripped down already.

Doesn't exist anymore, huh?

I hope Bruce Wayne doesn't go all emo Peter in this one like SM3.

It's par for the course in the third comic book hero film for the hero to take a break for a little.

Let's remember that the line is probably taken out of context. He could be referring to Harvey.

Well, if Ra's Ah Ghul can come back to life, maybe Batman can take Dent's body to the same indian burial grounds.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 02:42:13 AM »

So I saw the teaser in wonderful HD... I think Catwoman was shown for a millisecond behind Bane.  But I'm not sure.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies