PEI Game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:14:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  PEI Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Author Topic: PEI Game  (Read 36999 times)
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2010, 01:07:57 AM »
« edited: October 30, 2010, 01:10:12 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

As I have observed the conflict between the Chancellor and the Duke, I cannot bear to witness my kinsmen rip each other apart.  We must stand together as one nation.

I hereby request a conference between the two within neutral ground (preferably the city of Cape Wolfe) and I offer my services as mediator.

I am willing to attempt mediation. I point out that I have already attempted mediation once before, and the Duke refused to attend. As there are several pressing matters to attend to in Rosebank, I will not commit to attend unless the Duke does likewise. And I reject the backwater village of Cape Wolfe as a suitable location for the negotiations.

I will brush off that offense good sir.  However Cape Wolfe is a small, kind town which has shown exemplary patriotism and unity, and does not deserve such an insult.  But, I am willing to offer the capital of Ellersie, and if not that, then I will negotiate with the Captain for a conference in Princeton.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2010, 01:11:36 AM »

I would be glad to meet in the great town of Cape Wolfe.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2010, 01:13:31 AM »

As I have observed the conflict between the Chancellor and the Duke, I cannot bear to witness my kinsmen rip each other apart.  We must stand together as one nation.

I hereby request a conference between the two within neutral ground (preferably the city of Cape Wolfe) and I offer my services as mediator.

I am willing to attempt mediation. I point out that I have already attempted mediation once before, and the Duke refused to attend. As there are several pressing matters to attend to in Rosebank, I will not commit to attend unless the Duke does likewise. And I reject the backwater village of Cape Wolfe as a suitable location for the negotiations.

I will brush off that offense good sir.  However Cape Wolfe is a small, kind town which has shown exemplary patriotism and unity, and does not deserve such an insult.  But, I am willing to offer the capital of Ellersie, and if not that, then I will negotiate with the Captain for a conference in Princeton.

Ellersie would be suitable.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2010, 01:14:45 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 01:20:02 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Would you be willing to settle for Ellersie?  If you wish, I will take you on a tour through Halifax Parish afterwards of our work in progress, "Main Street", culminating in a Poutine Bar in Cape Wolfe.Smiley
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2010, 02:26:07 AM »

Has the survey team returned yet from Bedford Bay?

The cost of a single-track rail bridge across the Hillsborough river could be as high as 5-7€

Does that price take into account my requirement that medium-sized cargo ships be able to pass under it?
It dies (without it, it would be cheaper)

Many assemblymen from the extremities of the island feel that Hillsborough Bay should be National property.

Many assemblymen from Queens County do not feel the need for any special county convention.

Many assemblymen from west of Summerside are very supportive of proposals to move the Capitol, however, those from east of Summerside are generally opposed.

The assembly has voted to "examine" the costs of a new rail line.

There is some division within the assembly as to how to dole out seats. Small lots do not want to be left un-represented. The assembly suggests the Senate look into the issue.

The assembly has voted to examine the possibility of a bridge.

1. On the question of Hillsborough Bay, I support the status quo. The current division between the parishes of Bedford, Hillsborough, and St. John is adequate.

2. On the question of a county convention, I feel that it would be the most expedient and fairest way to resolve the controversy over Charlotte Parish.

3. On the question of the seat of national government, I oppose any measure that would move the capital to any place other than Charlottetown.

4. Before any decision is made on the issue of a new rail line, I must inform everyone that the Parish of Bedford is planning to begin work on a ferry system for the northern part of the island. A settlement will be built on Bedford Bay, which will be the hub of the ferry service. The plans include service to Morell, Rustico, Cavendish, Princeton, and Alberton. The ships used will allow for passengers and light cargo.

5. On the question of apportionment of Assembly seats, I support increasing the size of the Assembly to ensure every Parish and City is fairly represented. I suggest that the city of Charlottetown be divided into wards for the purposes of Assembly seats, much in the same manner as Parishes are divided into Lots.

6. As stated before, I am generally in support of a bridge over the Hillsborough River, but I require that medium-sized cargo ships be able to pass under it. I will not support any plans for a bridge that do not allow for this requirement.

1 - Your assemblymen are voting in this track.

2 - Same as above, but, it does not make you any friends over in Charlotte

3 - Same as #1

4 - Noted

5 - The assembly will investigate this.

6 - Same as #1
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2010, 02:28:10 AM »

I believe that ideally Hillsborough Bay should be nationally shared territory, but the status quo is entirely acceptable as long as the right of passage is not infringed. It is clearly apparent that the Duke of Hillsborough is entirely out of line on this issue. I am also, frankly, appalled at his apparent rejection of the honorable Bishop's mediation. If the Duke does not change course rapidly, I feel that Hillsborough's lack of sane leadership must be rectified in any way possible, lest innocent lives be lost to his aggressive actions.

Also, on an unrelated note, I feel that my call for a County-wide convention was a result of my (then) lack of information regarding Charlotte Parish's status. I believe there is no need for any such convention.

A few proposals:

1. To prevent ambiguity in our economy, that the currency exchange be specifically defined by the national government, at a rate of $100 to £1, £33 to €1, and $3300 to €1.

2. To foster trade amongst the parishes, that the national government shall comprehensively assist communities across the island to build new docks, to improve rail infrastructure and access where needed, to expand ferry services, to construct a small fleet of cargo vessels, and to bridge rivers where needed. Specifics of this "omnibus trade improvement" may be determined after the acceptance of its general need.

3. To ensure a proper business climate for our merchants, that a national bank be established in the capital city, and with branches in Princeton and Georgetown or nearby areas.

Lastly, an issue for the Senate alone, since the Assembly forwarded it to us:

4. I propose that all parishes receive equal representation in the assembly, and that they shall each have one representative per 250 citizens, rounded. Distribution of representatives among a parish's lots shall be the responsibility of the parish government (with the expectation that it is done in an unbiased manner).
1 - The assembly forwards this decision to the Senate

2 - The assembly proposes to fund 50% of all wharfs, rail lines, and such improvements, and wishes to seek senate approval.

3 - What would this bank do?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2010, 02:29:13 AM »

Also, I'd like to announce my fine city is building two cargo vessels. We're also ordering two specialized stagecoaches for a city fire department.

Also, my town government is prepared to spend €2.5 or its exchange equivalent towards the construction of a bridge into Lot 48. We would expect funding from Bedford Parish as well as the national government, of course.

We're also spending a bit on improving city streets, adding park space, maybe a few statues; basically, general measures to improve the city's prestige.

Last, we've streamlined procedures required to start/run/own a business or commercial property within the city. I assume plenty of undeveloped land still exists; allow some of it to be sold to prospective buyers.

I will add the vessels to your budget
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2010, 02:30:47 AM »

The recent actions of the Duke of Hillsborough reflect a hostile intent. To that end, in my official capacity as Chancellor of Bedford, I decree the following:

1. Fishermen and other sailing vessels under the jurisdiction of Bedford Parish are instructed to keep out of the territorial waters of Hillsborough Parish.

2. The militia of the Parish of Bedford is to be reallocated in the following manner:

6 Naval Troops on 3 boats, stationed in Rosebank.
10 Cavalry (horsemen), stationed in Tracadie.
14 Infantry, stationed in Rosebank.
5 Infantry, stationed in Mount Stewart
This allocation is to remain in effect until further notice.

3. The militia will undergo a recruitment drive in Rosebank, Mount Stewart, and Tracadie. Any recruits in Mount Stewart in excess of five will be billeted to Rosebank. Any recruits in Tracadie will be made Cavalrymen. I stress that volunteers only will be recruited. This is not a draft.

Be advised that any attempt by the armed forces of Hillsborough to enter Bedford or Charlottetown will be viewed as a hostile action, and the militia of Bedford is prepared to defend both itself and its neighbours for the cause of righteousness.

Do you wish to start funding a standing army?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2010, 02:31:11 AM »

By the order of the Right Honourable Director of Halifax, this State of Emergency is hereby ended.

I wish to make a formal declaration of open development of a "main street highway" so to say within Halifax Parish, beginning in Cape Wolfe in Lot 7, connecting Dublane, Hebron, Coleman, and ending in Foxley River.

I would like to create an exploratory committee as to the idea of the wharf.  This committee will determine it's feasibility, impact on the Halifax economy, and the surrounding enviornment, both short term and long term.

I would also like to announce the creation of a Habour in Egmont Bay, at the mouth of the Percival River.  Construction is to begin immediately on Harbour facilities and components for one patrol boat and two cargo ships are currently being produced in Ellersie and Dublane.

x The Director

I will get back to you shortly on all of these
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2010, 02:34:24 AM »

The recent actions of the Duke of Hillsborough reflect a hostile intent. To that end, in my official capacity as Chancellor of Bedford, I decree the following:

1. Fishermen and other sailing vessels under the jurisdiction of Bedford Parish are instructed to keep out of the territorial waters of Hillsborough Parish.

2. The militia of the Parish of Bedford is to be reallocated in the following manner:

6 Naval Troops on 3 boats, stationed in Rosebank.
10 Cavalry (horsemen), stationed in Tracadie.
14 Infantry, stationed in Rosebank.
5 Infantry, stationed in Mount Stewart
This allocation is to remain in effect until further notice.

3. The militia will undergo a recruitment drive in Rosebank, Mount Stewart, and Tracadie. Any recruits in Mount Stewart in excess of five will be billeted to Rosebank. Any recruits in Tracadie will be made Cavalrymen. I stress that volunteers only will be recruited. This is not a draft.

Be advised that any attempt by the armed forces of Hillsborough to enter Bedford or Charlottetown will be viewed as a hostile action, and the militia of Bedford is prepared to defend both itself and its neighbours for the cause of righteousness.

Do you wish to start funding a standing army?

Pending the results of negotiations with the Duke of Hillsborough, decree 3 above is temporarily on hold. Decrees 1 and 2 remain in effect.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2010, 02:44:30 AM »

If you are stationing troops however it implies you will need them for a time, and a militia is normally private citizens that are called up to do just a few things for a short amount of time.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2010, 03:13:37 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 03:16:01 AM by His Excellency Chancellor Vazdul, Senator of Bedford Parish »

If you are stationing troops however it implies you will need them for a time, and a militia is normally private citizens that are called up to do just a few things for a short amount of time.

Well, right now they're just being called up to stand at the ready in case of attack. I will fund them if necessary, however.

On the question of apportionment to the Assembly, I propose the following changes to body of the Assembly:

An increase in size to 200 members, to be apportioned as follows according to the most recent census figures:

Bedford Parish: 14 members
Charlotte Parish: 17 members
City of Charlottetown: 11 members
East Parish: 10 members
Edgmont Parish: 9 members
City of Georgetown: 4 members
Grenville Parish: 15 members
Halifax Parish: 11 members
Hillsborough Parish: 13 members
North Parish: 10 members
City of Princeton: 1 member
Richmond Parish: 21 members
St. Andrew Parish: 10 members
St. David Parish: 17 members
St. George Parish: 15 members
St. John Parish: 10 members
St. Patrick Parish: 12 members

This apportionment takes into account Halifax Parish's recent acquisition of Lot 7, and counts Lot 7's population as part of the population of Halifax Parish.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2010, 03:43:45 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 03:45:44 AM by Teddy (SoFE) »

A friend from another forum wishes to play. Seeing the kings county area parishes are not as active as others, I've told him he can be St. George as General Red. I will relay any of his orders until his account gets approved here at the atlas.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2010, 03:56:01 AM »

Well, right now they're just being called up to stand at the ready in case of attack. I will fund them if necessary, however.

On the question of apportionment to the Assembly, I propose the following changes to body of the Assembly:

An increase in size to 200 members, to be apportioned as follows according to the most recent census figures:

Bedford Parish: 14 members
Charlotte Parish: 17 members
City of Charlottetown: 11 members
East Parish: 10 members
Edgmont Parish: 9 members
City of Georgetown: 4 members
Grenville Parish: 15 members
Halifax Parish: 11 members
Hillsborough Parish: 13 members
North Parish: 10 members
City of Princeton: 1 member
Richmond Parish: 21 members
St. Andrew Parish: 10 members
St. David Parish: 17 members
St. George Parish: 15 members
St. John Parish: 10 members
St. Patrick Parish: 12 members

This apportionment takes into account Halifax Parish's recent acquisition of Lot 7, and counts Lot 7's population as part of the population of Halifax Parish.

Some guffaws at the proposal, others are concerned about the removal of lots from the counting.

A proposal from a member of Lot 17 suggests that the number of members from Lot 17 be increased to 4, and from Charlottetown be increased to 4, while Lot 32 is increased to 3. Beyond this he proposes that each "Parish" would be limited to a minimum of 5 members, with Charlottetown being counted as a Parish for these purposes.

This would result in an increase for members from Charlottetown from 3 to 5, in Richmond from 8 to 9, and in Charlotte from 7 to 8, resulting in a 99 member assembly.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2010, 04:00:23 AM »

The above has raised concerns about what to do with the other two "County Capitols".

Members from Prince County feel Princeton is
You must be logged in to read this quote.
They feel that Princeton should be downgraded. Some feel that it should be annexed into nearby Lot 18, but others point to sea rights and historical connections across the bay to Lot 14 in Richmond. Assemblymen for both St. David and Richmond are trying to use these facts to lay claim over Princeton, while the leader of Princeton is not impressed at all by the discussion.

Members from King county are more satisfied with Georgetown; being a larger centre it is seen as adequate for it's job as county seat.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2010, 04:56:50 AM »

What? So my church isn't good enough for you, but you'll go to some peasant village even further away from you. This is most displeasing. We are not amused. I hope the Duke has a very good explanation for his rude behaviour towards the church, as well as his hostile behaviour towards his neighbours. Confess your sins Duke, and repent. I will pray for your soul.

I'd also like to send my congratulations to the hounarble Director of Halifax, and congratulate him on the fact that his annexation was calm, peacful, and ended in bloodshed. God bless your heart dear director. 
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2010, 05:13:14 AM »

By the order of the Right Honourable Director of Halifax, this State of Emergency is hereby ended.

I wish to make a formal declaration of open development of a "main street highway" so to say within Halifax Parish, beginning in Cape Wolfe in Lot 7, connecting Dublane, Hebron, Coleman, and ending in Foxley River.

I would like to create an exploratory committee as to the idea of the wharf.  This committee will determine it's feasibility, impact on the Halifax economy, and the surrounding enviornment, both short term and long term.

I would also like to announce the creation of a Habour in Egmont Bay, at the mouth of the Percival River.  Construction is to begin immediately on Harbour facilities and components for one patrol boat and two cargo ships are currently being produced in Ellersie and Dublane.

x The Director

A "highway" could be created, but there is nothing to run on it. Increasing the road to the highest possibly qualify over that distance would cost about 5,000$

A wharf could be constructed at Cape Wolfe for the cost of 7£

There is no suitable location for a wharf in that area of egmont bay.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2010, 05:14:18 AM »

Bedford Bay

After an exhaustive search of the north shore, reports are the the only location within the Parish that is suitable for a wharf on the north shore is in Lot 37, east of the Sand Bars.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2010, 05:22:10 AM »

Some feel that it should be annexed into nearby Lot 18, but others point to sea rights and historical connections across the bay to Lot 14 in Richmond. Assemblymen for both St. David and Richmond are trying to use these facts to lay claim over Princeton, while the leader of Princeton is not impressed at all by the discussion.

Although I support Princeton's continued indipendance if they so wish, if the city were to be intigrated to another parish, St. David would be the only reasonable alternative. Princeton is after all connected to St. David by land, while Richmond is separated from the city by the Richmond Bay. The hounarble leaders of Richmond must therefor see that a unification between the city and richmond would not be practical. I'm also sure, that such an alliance would be most unliked by our Lord and God.

I'd also like to note, that next to Princeton, the natural choice for County Capital would be Kensington, as it is already the centre of the Christian Church in this country, and a highly developed town with century old history.  
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2010, 07:03:06 AM »

A member of your church approaches and asks you to build a large cathedral in Kensington.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2010, 08:26:11 AM »

A member of your church approaches and asks you to build a large cathedral in Kensington.

How much would such a construction cost the church approxemetly?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2010, 09:12:45 AM »

The Provost authorizes the dispatch of surveyors to the North Coast of Grenville Parish for the purpose of determining whether a wharf may be built on Grenville Bay and the cost and placement of a highway that would take the place of a North Coast link heretofore proposed.

The Provost wishes to thank the Chancellor for his magnanimous offer of a ferry service along the north coast of the island. However, the people of Grenville are averse to such a mode of transportation, as they fear the loss of their produce to the storms and vicious currents which plague the northern seas. They prefer the construction of railroads, or at the least good highways, to aid the transport of their goods.

The Provost is appalled at the disservice Reeve Lance has done to his Charlotte Parish. He wishes to make it known throughout the parish that an active parish government such as his or the Chancellor of Bedford's or the Duke of Hillsborough's is better equipped to deal with the local concerns of the people than a hermit who is necessarily disconnected, by the nature of his residence, from the needs of his parishoners.

Furthermore, the town of Rustico, located along the north coast, is closer to the Grenville Parish town of Cavendish than any other Charlotte Parish town, and can be more easily linked with Breadalbane than the town of Cornwall. If Lot 24 is willing to join with Grenville Parish, then the Provost is willing to treat the people of the Lot as equals and advocate accordingly for its welfare as a recluse cannot do. The Provost therefore approves of the Chancellor's plan to reappropriate the lots of Charlotte for the purpose of better governance.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2010, 10:41:40 AM »

I'd also like to send my congratulations to the hounarble Director of Halifax, and congratulate him on the fact that his annexation was calm, peacful, and ended in bloodshed. God bless your heart dear director. 

Ended in bloodshed?  I don't know what you're smoking.Wink

I would like to create an exploratory committee as to the idea of the wharf.  This committee will determine it's feasibility, impact on the Halifax economy, and the surrounding enviornment, both short term and long term.

I would also like to announce the creation of a Habour in Egmont Bay, at the mouth of the Percival River.  Construction is to begin immediately on Harbour facilities and components for one patrol boat and two cargo ships are currently being produced in Ellersie and Dublane.

x The Director

A "highway" could be created, but there is nothing to run on it. Increasing the road to the highest possibly qualify over that distance would cost about 5,000$

A wharf could be constructed at Cape Wolfe for the cost of 7£

There is no suitable location for a wharf in that area of egmont bay.

Well i would at the very least like to build upon the road.  Would I be able to get away with $3000 by flattening it out and then paving it using stones?

This wharf will then be put under construction.

Are there any suitable locations for one in the area that won't conflict with my good friend from Richmond?
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2010, 11:00:53 AM »

Ended in bloodshed?  I don't know what you're smoking.Wink

Oh good Lord, ended in no bloodshed. Sorry that's what I was suppouse to say.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2010, 01:05:53 PM »

How much would a wagon or stagecoach cost? How many roads Are fit for their travel?

Also, how is my city's cathedral?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies