PEI Game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:00:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  PEI Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Author Topic: PEI Game  (Read 36975 times)
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 07:00:54 PM »

I, the Right Honorable Chancellor of the Parish of Bedford, am greatly displeased that the provincial government continues to deny Bedford's rightful jurisdiction over Governor's Island and the surrounding territorial waters. These territorial waters are an integral part of Bedford, yet the provincial government continues to ignore the plight of our budding shipping industry. A stately residence in Charlottetown would be more than suitable for the provincial government's needs.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 07:13:07 PM »

I, the Right Honorable Chancellor of the Parish of Bedford, am greatly displeased that the provincial government continues to deny Bedford's rightful jurisdiction over Governor's Island and the surrounding territorial waters. These territorial waters are an integral part of Bedford, yet the provincial government continues to ignore the plight of our budding shipping industry. A stately residence in Charlottetown would be more than suitable for the provincial government's needs.

The island belongs to me Tongue Not the provincial government (which you can also call federal, or national)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 07:58:54 PM »

The island belongs to me Tongue Not the provincial government (which you can also call federal, or national)

I do not remember granting you or anyone else the deed to the island. Since your claim to the island postdates my accession to the Chancellory of Bedford Parish, I demand, on behalf of the Parish, just compensation for the unlawful seizure of territory. Furthermore, the Parish retains its claim on the territorial waters in Hillsborough Bay, since said waters are a vital part of Bedford's shipping and fishing industries.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 08:19:29 PM »

Also note you are all Senators! Each parish sends two Senators to the Senate, with the exception of the non-Charlottetown county seats, which each send one.

This is also an assembly, but none of you get to play in that, sorry Tongue
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 08:26:56 PM »

Statement from the King

The island remains under the civil administration of the parish, however, is private property of the crown, but that ownership is no different than the ownership of a farm by a private citizen with the parish, except that the owner is the crown.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 08:36:38 PM »

The Parish of Bedford does not dispute the claims of the crown, so long as Bedford's industries are at liberty to exploit the resources of Hillsborough Bay at their leisure.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 08:38:04 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 12:48:32 AM by Sewer »

It is of the opinion of the Duke of Hillsborough that Hillsborough Bay should belong to Hillsborough.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 08:51:28 PM »

It is of the opinion of the Duke of Hillsborough that Hillsborough Bay belong to Hillsborough.

That claim is preposterous. The bay is Hillsborough in name only, as the Crown's surveyors have rightly declared.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2010, 09:07:56 PM »

How far upstream is the Hillsborough River navigable?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »

SPRING UPDATES

Each parish collects a tithe of 10% on all income. This is what the citizens expect.
Each parish in turn sends 1/3rd of their income to the national government.

There are three different currencies on the island.
The Pound of Stirling Silver £
The Pound of Gold €
the Pound of Copper $

Though there are no set prices for conversion, 90-110 $ can buy you one £, and 30-35 £ can buy you one €
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 09:15:16 PM »

Depends on the size of the boat. In general, anything wide enough to be shown as an open river on the large map (and not just a line) is navigable by at least the smallest of boats. 
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »

Depends on the size of the boat. In general, anything wide enough to be shown as an open river on the large map (and not just a line) is navigable by at least the smallest of boats.  

Let's say (hypothetically) that I wanted to take an ironclad frigate up the Hillsborough River. How far could I go? And what's the largest boat that could dock in Mount Stewart?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »

I, Barnes, Lord of St. Patrick, do hereby decree that a small, iron rail bridge shall be constructed to cross the Morrell River, and to replace the current, dilapidated, track.  The construction of said track shall be in way that shall not upset the daily train fare through the town of Morrell and the surrounding countryside.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 11:39:51 PM »

Last one here, St. Andrew, and I wish to be the Magistrate.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2010, 12:51:16 AM »

Let's say (hypothetically) that I wanted to take an ironclad frigate up the Hillsborough River. How far could I go? And what's the largest boat that could dock in Mount Stewart?

Although you do have the pleasure of owning and operating the largest, most militarily powerful boat in the entire island, I think that you should be aware of it's size. Here is a picture of the vessel.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2010, 12:53:23 AM »

Last one here, St. Andrew, and I wish to be the Magistrate.
It is done.
I, Barnes, Lord of St. Patrick, do hereby decree that a small, iron rail bridge shall be constructed to cross the Morrell River, and to replace the current, dilapidated, track.  The construction of said track shall be in way that shall not upset the daily train fare through the town of Morrell and the surrounding countryside.
The current rail bridge provides for two tracks and a rail connection in both directions. It is considered to be "adequate" by current standards.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2010, 12:53:37 AM »

As the Right Honourable Director of Halifax, I do request that the Parish of Egmont be dissolved due to a lack of organization and leader, and it's territory absorbed by North and Halifax Parish.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2010, 01:25:44 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2010, 08:22:45 PM by Teddy (SoFE) »

NORTH
Countess Anni - PRESENT
Deputy Senator - PRESENT
4 Assembly Members - PRESENT

EGMONT (NPC)
Captain Jane - Not Present
Deputy Senator - Not Present
5 Assembly Members - Not Present -1, war

HALIFAX
The Director - PRESENT
Deputy Senator - PRESENT
6 Assembly Members - PRESENT +1, war

RICHMOND
Dean Oakvale - PRESENT
Deputy Senator - PRESENT
8 Assembly Members - PRESENT

ST. DAVID
The Bishop - PRESENT
Deputy Senator - PRESENT
8 Assembly Members - PRESENT

PRINCETON (NPC)
Commander Rupert - PRESENT
Deputy Seantor - Not Present
1 Assembly Members - Not Present

GRENVILLE
Provost - PRESENT
Deputy Senator - PRESENT
7 Assembly Members - PRESENT

HILLSBOROUGH
Duke Sewer - PRESENT
Deputy Senator - PRESENT
6 Assembly Members - PRESENT

CHARLOTTE (NPC)
Reeve Lance - Not Present
Deputy Senator - PRESENT

CHARLOTTETOWN
Mayor Bacon King - PRESENT
Deputy Senator - PRESENT
3 Assembly Members - PRESENT

BEDFORD
Chancellor Vazdul - PRESENT
Deputy Senator - PRESENT

ST. JOHN
Archon Libertas - PRESENT
Deputy Senator - PRESENT
5 Assembly Members - PRESENT

ST. PATRICK
Lord Barnes - PRESENT
Deputy Senator - PRESENT

EAST
Warden RosettaStoned - PRESENT
Deputy Senator - PRESENT

ST. GEORGE (NPC)
Manager Robert - Not Present
Deputy Senator - Not Present
9 Assembly Members - PRESENT

GEORGETOWN (NPC)
Intendent David - PRESENT
Deputy Senator - PRESENT
2 Assembly Members - PRESENT

ST. ANDREW
Magistrate N!K - PRESENT
Deputy Senator - PRESENT
5 Assembly Members - PRESENT

88 of 95 Assembly Members are present.
26 of 32 Senators are present.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2010, 01:27:05 AM »

As the Right Honourable Director of Halifax, I do request that the Parish of Egmont be dissolved due to a lack of organization and leader, and it's territory absorbed by North and Halifax Parish.

Patience my friend Tongue

It does have a leader, but, as noted, the leader did not bother to show herself to the Senate, has not shown a deputy, nor has sent any Assembly members.

Also, more in a bit.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2010, 01:50:56 AM »

As Mayor of Charlottetown, I must give my thanks to you for recognizing the prestige of my city. While I do sympathize with your argument, as Charlottetown's maritime industries are similarly nascent, I believe the correspondence from the Crown on the issue demonstrates a problem does not exist as such.

This territorial dispute does raise another issue, however; I assume the vessels that berth at Charlottetown have a right of passage through the "territorial" waters of neighboring parishes, do they not? Raising this issue of coastal control gives me concern that rural parishes may seek to abuse their power and cause duress to the industries of our fair capital city. In particular, I was perturbed by your seemingly veiled threat to patrol the Hillsborough River with heavily armed vessels! Do understand that Charlottetown is the heart of our island, both culturally and economically. Any action you take that weakens my city will weaken you as a result. I do hope that cool heads will prevail.

In addition, as Mayor of the Queen's County Seat, I would like to suggest a county-wide conference regarding the future status of Charlotte Parish. Reeve Lance's utter negligence towards his duties is most striking.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2010, 02:38:38 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2010, 02:41:25 AM by His Excellency Chancellor Vazdul, Senator of Bedford Parish »

As Mayor of Charlottetown, I must give my thanks to you for recognizing the prestige of my city. While I do sympathize with your argument, as Charlottetown's maritime industries are similarly nascent, I believe the correspondence from the Crown on the issue demonstrates a problem does not exist as such.

This territorial dispute does raise another issue, however; I assume the vessels that berth at Charlottetown have a right of passage through the "territorial" waters of neighboring parishes, do they not? Raising this issue of coastal control gives me concern that rural parishes may seek to abuse their power and cause duress to the industries of our fair capital city. In particular, I was perturbed by your seemingly veiled threat to patrol the Hillsborough River with heavily armed vessels! Do understand that Charlottetown is the heart of our island, both culturally and economically. Any action you take that weakens my city will weaken you as a result. I do hope that cool heads will prevail.

In addition, as Mayor of the Queen's County Seat, I would like to suggest a county-wide conference regarding the future status of Charlotte Parish. Reeve Lance's utter negligence towards his duties is most striking.

At the present time, the Parish of Bedford will allow all ships passage through the waters under its jurisdiction. My main concern regarding the issue of territorial waters was that the crown would deny Bedford its right to fish in the waters of Hillsborough Bay that, on the map, are shown to belong to Bedford. As for warships in the Hillsborough River, I was more concerned about the fact that I might wake up one morning to discover that Rosebank or Mount Stewart had been bombarded. I know not the motives of my fellow Senators, and the defense of Bedford is my foremost concern.

With regard to Charlotte Parish, I am of the opinion that Reeve Lance should be stripped of his rank, and the Parish be divided amongst its neighbors. I propose the following division:

Lot 24: To Grenville
Lot 32: To Hillsborough
Lot 33: To Charlottetown
Lot 34: To Bedford

Further, I propose ferry service be initiated between Charlottetown and Rosebank. It is ludicrous that I must travel by rail for forty-some miles to take my seat in the Senate when I reside just across the river.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2010, 03:01:31 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2010, 08:21:46 PM by Teddy (SoFE) »

Note that the division of power between parishes and the national government has never quite been defined!
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2010, 03:06:47 AM »

A messenger has arrived from Egmont.

They inform the Senate and Assembly that Jane is living a "private" live, farming and fishing, in Alberton, and that she has "no interest" in governing Egmont. Lots have elected Assemblymen (he claims to be the member for Lot 5, but without signed papers from the Captain of the Parish, this could be legally questioned). He says the Captain has not appointed a Deputy Senator (and thus why no one of that rank has shown up).

Assemblymen from the North Parish back up certain parts of the story. They say they were also told Jane has "no interest" in governing, that there is no Deputy Senator, and that elections were held from what they know.

The messenger from Egmont further states
You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is also a good time to note that each Parish has a militia of 35 men.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2010, 03:11:12 AM »

At the present time, the Parish of Bedford will allow all ships passage through the waters under its jurisdiction. My main concern regarding the issue of territorial waters was that the crown would deny Bedford its right to fish in the waters of Hillsborough Bay that, on the map, are shown to belong to Bedford. As for warships in the Hillsborough River, I was more concerned about the fact that I might wake up one morning to discover that Rosebank or Mount Stewart had been bombarded. I know not the motives of my fellow Senators, and the defense of Bedford is my foremost concern.

With regard to Charlotte Parish, I am of the opinion that Reeve Lance should be stripped of his rank, and the Parish be divided amongst its neighbors. I propose the following division:

Lot 24: To Grenville
Lot 32: To Hillsborough
Lot 33: To Charlottetown
Lot 34: To Bedford

Further, I propose ferry service be initiated between Charlottetown and Rosebank. It is ludicrous that I must travel by rail for forty-some miles to take my seat in the Senate when I reside just across the river.

The Deputy Senator for Charlotte contests this, saying that there is no need.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The Senator also indicates, privately, that Parish Unity is somewhat of a popular concept here, but that without a Reeve to tell him or his assemblymen how to vote, that he could be "persuaded" to support initiatives of "neighbours" if they were to "show their friendship" towards him. In other words, he indicates he can be bought for the right price. 
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2010, 03:21:23 AM »

Privately, how does the Deputy Senator feel about £30 for Lot 34?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies