PEI Game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:36:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  PEI Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17
Author Topic: PEI Game  (Read 36992 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2010, 04:13:11 AM »

He is outraged that this is even suggested.

It my be easier to buy votes and/or from this parish as a whole than to try and split it up.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2010, 04:50:21 AM »

Would a union between the town and parish of Charlotte be considerable to the Deputy Senator (who I'm going to give him the name Jameson for simplicity's sake, if that's okay)? Both would benefit immensely. As Mayor of Charlottetown I suggest a full partnership between our parishes, with myself, while remaining Mayor of my city, would simultaneously serve as the leader of a new Greater Charlotte Parish; I would charge the Reeve with governance of the existing rural territory; essentially the same job he has now without the national entanglements he deems undesireable. To demonstrate our unity I'd select Deputy Senator Jameson to continue his role for the combined Parish.

Such a union would be vastly beneficial to both Charlotte and Charlottetown; the city contains many wealthy merchants and thus has a sizable tax base, which then would be directly available to improving the communities of the rural Charlotte Parish and the lives of its people. In addition, the closer economic ties that unity brings would benefit all citizens of both regions. I also discretely note to Deputy Senator Jameson that, with the greater government funds, Charlottetown compensates its officials for their service a significantly greater amount than a rural parish could provide.

If such a complete union is not a possibility, however, the government of Charlottetown notes that it is always open to a closer partnership with its northern neighbor in any way it finds possible.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2010, 04:55:52 AM »

As Bishop of St. David, I'd like to extend blessings to all my fellow Senators, and to ask them not to quarrel about land and water in this manner, for we are all the children of God, and it is all God's land. For who makes Hillsborough Bay so rich if not God? Who makes the fish swim, who makes the ships sail, and who makes the seagulls fly? It is our Lord, and therefore I think that whoever Hillborough Bay belongs to in this mortal world, the Church (and as leader of the church on this island in extension me) has the right to at least 10% of all income made exploiting the Bay's Resources.   
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2010, 04:58:51 AM »

Would a union between the town and parish of Charlotte be considerable to the Deputy Senator (who I'm going to give him the name Jameson for simplicity's sake, if that's okay)? Both would benefit immensely. As Mayor of Charlottetown I suggest a full partnership between our parishes, with myself, while remaining Mayor of my city, would simultaneously serve as the leader of a new Greater Charlotte Parish; I would charge the Reeve with governance of the existing rural territory; essentially the same job he has now without the national entanglements he deems undesireable. To demonstrate our unity I'd select Deputy Senator Jameson to continue his role for the combined Parish.

Such a union would be vastly beneficial to both Charlotte and Charlottetown; the city contains many wealthy merchants and thus has a sizable tax base, which then would be directly available to improving the communities of the rural Charlotte Parish and the lives of its people. In addition, the closer economic ties that unity brings would benefit all citizens of both regions. I also discretely note to Deputy Senator Jameson that, with the greater government funds, Charlottetown compensates its officials for their service a significantly greater amount than a rural parish could provide.

If such a complete union is not a possibility, however, the government of Charlottetown notes that it is always open to a closer partnership with its northern neighbor in any way it finds possible.
He is open to this idea, but not of complete union at this time, rather, of working together in a close manner.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2010, 05:09:01 AM »

Further, I propose ferry service be initiated between Charlottetown and Rosebank. It is ludicrous that I must travel by rail for forty-some miles to take my seat in the Senate when I reside just across the river.

As mayor, I agree wholeheartedly. Such a link between our communities would be beneficial to us both; in principle you along with every citizen of your parish deserves the right to swift and efficient travel to their nation's capital. In addition, we know it will economically benefit both our regions, as your residents can travel more easily to purchase the rarer commodities found only in our regional hub and the businessmen of the city will find it more convenient to conduct transactions in your towns as well.

He is open to this idea, but not of complete union at this time, rather, of working together in a close manner.

I shall see that his senatorial residence here in the capital is as stately as possible.

I'd also like to ask, although a full union is recognizably not possible currently, if he supports a degree of budgetary assistance to his parish's government. This would, of course, include a stipend for all members of the Charlotte Parish delegation. I seek the best for our sister parish. In return, I ask that I also be allowed (assuming this is possible- if it isn't just disregard this sentence) that I be allowed to be the Reeve's voting proxy here in the capital.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2010, 05:21:29 AM »

As Bishop of St. David, I'd like to extend blessings to all my fellow Senators, and to ask them not to quarrel about land and water in this manner, for we are all the children of God, and it is all God's land. For who makes Hillsborough Bay so rich if not God? Who makes the fish swim, who makes the ships sail, and who makes the seagulls fly? It is our Lord, and therefore I think that whoever Hillborough Bay belongs to in this mortal world, the Church (and as leader of the church on this island in extension me) has the right to at least 10% of all income made exploiting the Bay's Resources.   

While I have nothing but faith in our Lord, or your spiritual guidance, I find your demands frankly preposterous. You know as well as I that the fisherman of the bay are all good Christians, just like you and I and nearly everyone on this island, so the Church already receives exactly what you demand through the religious tithes of the sailors.

I'd like to question as well, your role leading St. David; specifically, the division between the worlds temporal and eternal. While you, most holy Bishop, have been selected to lead your parish, you are also the leader of our entire Christian community. I do hope your elected office does not lead you to, directly or indirectly, bias your judgement as Bishop. While I do trust in you, know that I will cry foul at the first instance of whatever political favoritism you attempt while proclaiming to speak on behalf of the Lord's Church. I am a wealthy man, and I give much to your church- but I could not stand to see a single pence being spent on corruption.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2010, 05:28:49 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 02:32:48 AM by Teddy (SoFE) »

ASSETS / BUDGET
(Things owned by the various goverments)

NATIONAL GOVERNMENT
179 Horses
268 Cattle
111 Hogs
515 Sheep
21 Boats
41 €
1,209 £
172,114 $
3' 6" gauge track: Dual track; length of 460 miles.
3 lite locomotive (rail) boilers (wood burning) (attached to shells)
3 lite locomotive (rail) shells (One attached to each "train")
6 passenger rail cars (Two attached to each "train")
18 freight fail cars (Six attached to each "train")

NORTH
29 Horses
44 Cattle
14 Hogs
88 Sheep
3 Boats
4 €
140 £
19,994 $

EGMONT
30 Horses
42 Cattle
16 Hogs
90 Sheep
2 Boats
4 €
144 £
20,102 $

HALIFAX
32 Horses
47 Cattle
19 Hogs
89 Sheep
3 Boats
4 €
150 £
20,001 $

RICHMOND
46 Horses
62 Cattle
28 Hogs
122 Sheep
4 Boats
6 €
172 £
29,210 $

ST. DAVID
40 Horses
49 Cattle
21 Hogs
104 Sheep
3 Boats
5 €
160 £
23,333 $

PRINCETON
8 Horses
6 Cattle
2 Hogs
12 Sheep
2 Boats
2 €
50 £
12,406 $

GRENVILLE
34 Horses
53 Cattle
21 Hogs
107 Sheep
3 Boats
5 €
148 £
21,717 $

HILLSBORUGH
38 Horses
57 Cattle
18 Hogs
122 Sheep
3 Boats
6 €
147 £
22,525 $

CHARLOTTE
40 Horses
48 Cattle
20 Hogs
104 Sheep
4 Boats
4 €
164 £
22,012 $

CHARLOTTETOWN
12 Horses
8 Cattle
6 Hogs
8 Sheep
4 Boats
6 €
161 £ 50£
31,974 $
1 half-finished freight rail car (under construction)
2 Cargo Vessels (under construction)

BEDFORD
39 Horses
60 Cattle
26 Hogs
120 Sheep
3 Boats
4 €
129 £ -30
22,009 $
1 Cargo Vessel (Under Construction)

ST. JOHN
35 Horses
53 Cattle
19 Hogs
99 Sheep
2 Boats
5 €
141 £
20,154 $

ST. PATRICK
33 Horses
52 Cattle
24 Hogs
94 Sheep
3 Boats
6 €
139 £
21,077 $

EAST
31 Horses
48 Cattle
18 Hogs
89 Sheep
3 Boats
5 €
160 £
21,099 $

ST. GEORGE
36 Horses
56 Cattle
24 Hogs
112 Sheep
4 Boats
4 €
168 £
22,124 $

GEORGETOWN
15 Horses
12 Cattle
4 Hogs
18 Sheep
2 Boats
3 €
121 £
17,114 $

Note that Tithes come in once a season.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2010, 06:01:38 AM »

While I have nothing but faith in our Lord, or your spiritual guidance, I find your demands frankly preposterous. You know as well as I that the fisherman of the bay are all good Christians, just like you and I and nearly everyone on this island, so the Church already receives exactly what you demand through the religious tithes of the sailors.

I'd like to question as well, your role leading St. David; specifically, the division between the worlds temporal and eternal. While you, most holy Bishop, have been selected to lead your parish, you are also the leader of our entire Christian community. I do hope your elected office does not lead you to, directly or indirectly, bias your judgement as Bishop. While I do trust in you, know that I will cry foul at the first instance of whatever political favoritism you attempt while proclaiming to speak on behalf of the Lord's Church. I am a wealthy man, and I give much to your church- but I could not stand to see a single pence being spent on corruption.

Ah my dearest mayor, bless your heart, of course you are correct that it is indeed of great importance not to mix up one's spirtual commission with ones earthtly commission. As a high leader of this island I need to both advance the ideas and intrests of our Christian community as a whole, as well as the intrest of my parish. I assure you that there is no intent to abuse my power as leader of a Christian community, to enrich my own house or my own constituency. As a matter of fact I would love to take this oppertunity to invite his excellency the Chancellor of Bedford, and his grace the Duke of Hillsborugh to my humble church in Kensington for a peace and reconciliation mass, where I, as an independant servant of God, could help them to resolve this conflict in a way that benefits all parties involved.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2010, 06:07:31 AM »

RAIL TRAVEL TIMES:

Tignish to Summerside: 3 hours
Summerside to Emerald Junction (rail junction): 45 minutes
Emerald Junction to Carleton: 45 minutes
Emerald Junction to Royalty Junction (outside C'town): 1 hour 15 minutes
Royalty Junction to Charlottetown: 15 minutes
Royalty Junction to Mount Stewart Junction: 45 minutes
Mount Steward Junction to Lake Verde (south of Clarkin): 30 minutes
Lake Verde to Rosebank: 30 minutes
Lake Verde to Murray Habour: 1 hour 45 minutes
Mount Stewart Junction to Montague Junction: 45 minutes
Montague Junction to Montague: 15 minutes
Montague Junction to Georgetown: 15 minutes
Mount Stewart to Harmony Junction (in the east): 1 hour 15 minutes
Harmony Junction to Souris: 15 minutes
Harmony Junction to Elmira: 30 minutes

Train A departs Tignish at 6am and arrives in Summerside at 9am. It arrives then in Carleton at 10:30 and Charlottetown at 12:30.
Train A departs Charlottetown at 2:30pm for Carleton, arriving at 4:30. It arrives in Summerside at 6pm, and in Tignish at 9pm.

Train B departs Elmira at 6am and arrives in Souris at 7:15. It arrives in Mount Stewart at 8:45. It arrives in Rosebank at 9:45. at 10:00 it departs, and arrives in Mount Stewart at 11:00. It arrives in Charlottetown at 12:00
Train B departs Charlottetown at 3:00pm for Mount Stewart, arriving at 4pm. It arrives in Rosebank at 5pm. At 5:15pm it departs for Mount Stewart arriving at 6:15pm. It arrives in Souris at 7:45. It arrives in Elmira at 9pm.

Train C departs Murray Harbour at 6am and arrives in Rosebank at 8:15. It arrives in Mount Stewart at 9:15, and in Montague at 10:15. It arrives in Georgetown at 10:45, and in Mount Stewart at 11:45. It arrives in Charlottetown at 12:45.
Train C departs Charlottetown at 2:15pm and arrives in Mount Stewart at 3:15. It arrives in Georgetown at 4:15 and in Montague at 4:45. It arrives in Mount Stewart at 5:45 and in Rosebank at 6:45. It arrives in Murray Harbour at 9pm.

WHARFS (for ferry travel, or ship docking)
CHARLOTTETOWN
ROSEBANK
ALBERTON
TYNE VALLEY
SUMMERSIDE
PRINCETON
CARLTON
RUSTICO
CRAPAUD
VERNON BRIDGE
WOOD ISLAND
MURRAY HARBOUR
MONTAGUE
GEORGETOWN
CARDIGAN
MORELL
SOURIS

REGULAR FERRY ROUTES:
Charlottetown to Rosebank. Runs once every hour, departing Charlottetown on the :00 and Rosebank on the :30. Service from Sunrise, lasting to 2 hours after Sunset. Ends run in Chalottetown. Boat too small to handle much freight; passenger ferry only. Operated by the National Government.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2010, 07:29:40 AM »

The Deputy Senator for Charlotte is very happy with his new accommodations in Charlottetown, as well as that Parish's Assemblymen.

They however inform the Mayor that the parish will not require money itself.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2010, 07:53:11 AM »

The Deputy Senator for Charlotte is very happy with his new accommodations in Charlottetown, as well as that Parish's Assemblymen.

Glad to hear it!

Ah my dearest mayor, bless your heart, of course you are correct that it is indeed of great importance not to mix up one's spirtual commission with ones earthtly commission. As a high leader of this island I need to both advance the ideas and intrests of our Christian community as a whole, as well as the intrest of my parish. I assure you that there is no intent to abuse my power as leader of a Christian community, to enrich my own house or my own constituency. As a matter of fact I would love to take this oppertunity to invite his excellency the Chancellor of Bedford, and his grace the Duke of Hillsborugh to my humble church in Kensington for a peace and reconciliation mass, where I, as an independant servant of God, could help them to resolve this conflict in a way that benefits all parties involved.

I'm glad we could come to an understanding, honorable Bishop.

As mayor of our capital city, at the center of of the bonds that tie all of this islands communities together, I am very interested in maintaining peace throughout the entire island. I therefore humbly request permission to attend your service as well.

REGULAR FERRY ROUTES:
Charlottetown to Rosebank. Runs once every hour, departing Charlottetown on the :00 and Rosebank on the :30. Service from Sunrise, lasting to 2 hours after Sunset. Ends run in Chalottetown. Boat too small to handle much freight; passenger ferry only. Operated by the National Government.

Awesome.

And as a curiosity, how many vessels capable of carrying cargo exist on the island? Who owns them?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2010, 08:00:05 AM »

In the meantime, a man identifying himself as the representative of Lot 7 has arrived. He and the supposed member for Lot 5 have identical stories, and, they confirm each other's story.

Issues and Concerns, lot by lot.

Lot 1: No concerns at this time.
Lot 2: Improvement of the road from St. Lous to Miminegash from Dirt/Mud to Gravel or a mix of Gravel and wood chips. This is a Parish issue. (P)
Lot 3: No concerns at this time.

Lot 4: No representative to petition for concern.
Lot 5: Wishes annexation by North Parish.
Lot 6: No representative to petition for concern.
Lot 7: Wishes annexation by Halifax Parish.

Lot 8: Creation of a road from Dunblane to Hebron. Currently a forest trail. (P)
Lot 9: Creation of a road from Hebron to Coleman. Current a forest trail. (P)
Lot 10: No concerns at this time
Lot 11: Desires a wharf to be created at the mouth of the Foxley River. (P)
Lot 11: Additionally wishes for a rail junction and connection to the settlement. This issue could be a national issue, or if the Parish wishes, it can deal with this itself. (P/N)
Lot 12: No concerns.

Lot 13: Nothing of note, but there is some hostility towards Lot 12.
Lot 14: Nothing.
Lot 15: Settlers do more fishing than settlers in any other lot. Fishing does not bring in as much money as farming, and thus, they are looking for government support. (P/N)
Lot 16: Proposal to relocate the Parish Offices (Capitol) to Wellington.
Lot 17: Proposal from the rural parts of the lot to "look at" separating Summerside from the lot. (P)
Lot 17: Proposal from the town of Summerside to "look at" separating Summerside from the lot. (P)

Princeton: Nothing

Lot 18: Nothing
Lot 19: Proposal to double the size of the local church. (P/N)
Lot 25: Nothing
Lot 26: Nothing
Lot 27: Nothing
Lot 28: Proposal to send vessels to explore the distant but visible coastline (New Brunswick) south of the lot. (P/N)

Lot 20: Nothing
Lot 21: Nothing
Lot 22: Concern raised about the grade approaching and departing from Hunter River on the rail line, however, no solutions proposed (P/N)
Lot 23: Desire for a local Wharf (P/N)
Lot 67: This lot has the richest farmland in all of PEI, but is the only 'normal' landlocked lot. There is a proposal to move the Capital Buildings of PEI to Breadalbane while leaving Charlottetown as an "Urban Parish" (N)

Lot 29: Proposal to rename Crapaud to Victoria (P)
Lot 30: Bonshaw would like to host the Parish Capitol (P)
Lot 31: Proposal to annex the "strip" of lot 65 (P/N)
Lot 65: Nothing

Lot 24: Concerns raised over river fords on the road to the rest of the Parish. Residents would like real bridges (P/N)
Lot 32: Proposal to open a ferry from Ferry Point, east of Cornwall, to downtown Charlottetown (P/N)
Lot 33: Nothing
Lot 34: Nothing

Charlottetown: Concerns raised as Charlottetown is the only true and large "City" on the Island. Residents want to see how strong their City government will be and if it can be seen as a true Parish. (P)
Charlottetown: Concerns over the fact that, if looked at as a parish, is severely under-represented in the Assembly (N)

Lot 35: Concerns from residents south of the river that their portion of the lot is being ignored (P)
Lot 36: Concerns from residents north of the river that their portion of the lot is being ignored (P)
Lot 37: Nothing, in fact, these residents are happier than any other lot on the island.
Lot 48: Proposal for a bridge to Charlottetown to be examined (P/N)
Lot 49: Demands from the settlement of Pownal for a re-route of the rail line though their village. (P/N)

Lot 50: Demands that the Capitol be moved from Belfast to Vernon Bridge (P)
Lot 57: Considering how close the village of Orwell is to lot 50, residents would like the area re-surveyed (P/N)
Lot 58: Demand for a wharf in Belfast
Lot 60: Nothing.
Lot 62: Nothing.

Lot 38: nothing
Lot 39: nothing
Lot 40: nothing
Lot 41: nothing
Lot 42: controversy over a proposal to add a sixth house to the village of five houses, residents demand redress from the parish (P)

Lot 43: nothing
Lot 44: Desire for a wharf at Rollo Bay (P/N)
Lot 45: nothing
Lot 46: nothing
Lot 47: nothing

Lot 66: This lot legally belongs to the king, however, most of it has been sold to private farms. It is smaller than any other lot, and this has prompted concerns among residents. Some propose it be merged in whole with Lot 51, others propose it be split between lots 49, 50, and 57. There is a strong desire to make major changes to this lot but there is no clear suggestion as to how to do that. (P/N)
Lot 51: nothing
Lot 52: nothing
Lot 53: nothing
Lot 54: nothing
Lot 55: nothing
Lot 56: Demands for a local wharf.

Georgetown: concerns about the size of the city, concerns it is not growing as fast as Charlottetown, concerns it has been over-taken by Summerside, Cornwall, and Rosebank in terms of population, desire for redress. (P/N)

Lot 59: nothing
Lot 61: nothing
Lot 63: Desire for a local wharf
Lot 64: nothing

Concerns about other areas.

Princeton: Concerns that this "town" is too small to be a "county seat" and some suggestion that this role be transfered to Summerside.
Princeton: Some historic claim from Lot 18 to the area, however, there is also a claim from Lot 14.
Charlottetown: Winsloe residents, living a 90 minute walk from Charlottetown, would like the ability to work in the city. While nothing currently prevents them from doing so, they would like a local City/Parish law passed within Charlottetown that recognizes their right to do just this.
Georgetown: Some have proposed annexing this to a rural lot or parish.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2010, 08:02:02 AM »

And as a curiosity, how many vessels capable of carrying cargo exist on the island? Who owns them?

There are some larger vessels out there (note the picture of the one belonging to Bedford Parish)

There are rumors that a fisherman from Richmond owns a larger one, but this has not been confirmed.

There currently are no cargo vessels known to exist, however, there are enough sawmills to build one if some government were to wish to do so.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2010, 08:27:26 AM »

Note that this is the Calendar that we are using

Spring begins on what we would consider to be March 1.

It is now "Week 2" of Spring.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2010, 08:59:04 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2010, 09:09:19 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

I will have no issue with sending the local militia to Lot 7, and it has been done so immediately.  However, I am not clear on the procedures of annexation of a fellow parish, and in order to not offend the Crown, I shall wait for further instruction before taking full control of the area.

But that also leaves the fates of Lot 6.  I will resign the matter of Lot 4 to North Parish, seeing that the Countess will undoubtedly take full control of that situation herself.

I shall not move the militia into Lot 6 as of yet.  However, if given the authority by either the Government or the Crown, I will immediately annex Lot 6 as well.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2010, 10:07:43 AM »

The Most Honorable and Majestic homelycooking, Provost of Grenville, offers his salutations to the various senators and leaders of the parishes of God's most glorious island. It is his sincere hope that through common cause we may gain lasting victory over the deleterious effects of ignorance, famine and insularity.

Taking up the major causes of concern for the good people of Grenville, then, the Provost wishes to express his support for the proposal that the administrative functions of the Government of Prince Edward Island be moved to the town of Breadalbane. It is in the interest of the entire island to have a capital located in a central location such as Lot 67 of Grenville, and the Provost is willing to offer any and all support to efforts moving in such a direction.

Second, it is imperative that the industrious yeoman farmers of Grenville be permitted a more convenient outlet for the sundry agricultural products of the parish. The Provost expresses his indignancy that the most fertile parish on the island has no outlet to the sea, and believes that the construction of a wharf and new rail line along the northern coast of the island running from Princeton to Charlottetown and passing through New London, Cavendish and Rustico would allow trade to flow more freely, permitting a newfound prosperity to pervade the island.

Third, the Provost is willing to allow the extant rail line currently passing through Hunter River to bypass the town and proceed straight from North Wiltshire to Breadalbane, in exchange for the aforementioned coastal link and necessary provisions for the economic well-being of Hunter River.

The Provost invites all other noble leaders of this most glorious island to confer with him so that the best possible solutions for our people may be arrived at.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2010, 10:28:37 AM »

As Dean of Richmond, I'd like to offer my greetings to my fellow leaders of the other parishes on our magnificent island. I hope that we can work together for the common good of our community.

Also, I have heard the aforementioned rumours about a large boat owned by a local fisherman, but as of yet we have not been able to find this legendary vessel.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2010, 10:45:03 AM »

I will have no issue with sending the local militia to Lot 7, and it has been done so immediately.  However, I am not clear on the procedures of annexation of a fellow parish, and in order to not offend the Crown, I shall wait for further instruction before taking full control of the area.

But that also leaves the fates of Lot 6.  I will resign the matter of Lot 4 to North Parish, seeing that the Countess will undoubtedly take full control of that situation herself.

I shall not move the militia into Lot 6 as of yet.  However, if given the authority by either the Government or the Crown, I will immediately annex Lot 6 as well.

It will take some hours to send the orders to the parish, and some further hours to get people into position. The "invasion" can begin in the morning.

35 citizens are registered in the Militia, how many do you wish to send? Do you wish to ask them to bring horses, and if, having none, equip them with horses?

Do you wish to issue a order of battle (IE direct the troops) or do you wish for the commanders of the militia to do that themselves?

The Most Honorable and Majestic homelycooking, Provost of Grenville, offers his salutations to the various senators and leaders of the parishes of God's most glorious island. It is his sincere hope that through common cause we may gain lasting victory over the deleterious effects of ignorance, famine and insularity.

Taking up the major causes of concern for the good people of Grenville, then, the Provost wishes to express his support for the proposal that the administrative functions of the Government of Prince Edward Island be moved to the town of Breadalbane. It is in the interest of the entire island to have a capital located in a central location such as Lot 67 of Grenville, and the Provost is willing to offer any and all support to efforts moving in such a direction.

Second, it is imperative that the industrious yeoman farmers of Grenville be permitted a more convenient outlet for the sundry agricultural products of the parish. The Provost expresses his indignancy that the most fertile parish on the island has no outlet to the sea, and believes that the construction of a wharf and new rail line along the northern coast of the island running from Princeton to Charlottetown and passing through New London, Cavendish and Rustico would allow trade to flow more freely, permitting a newfound prosperity to pervade the island.
It should be noted building rail lines is extremely cost prohibitive.

Third, the Provost is willing to allow the extant rail line currently passing through Hunter River to bypass the town and proceed straight from North Wiltshire to Breadalbane, in exchange for the aforementioned coastal link and necessary provisions for the economic well-being of Hunter River.

The Provost invites all other noble leaders of this most glorious island to confer with him so that the best possible solutions for our people may be arrived at.
Being in a valley, any diversion around the town would require a great deal of new rail.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2010, 01:40:23 PM »

First off, allow me to declare that my city is the only suitable location for our nation's capitol complex. We are the economic and cultural heart of our island; I mean no disrespect to the honorable Provost or the people of Breadalbane, but a farming community is simply not the proper location for our capital. Charlotte Town is not simply a parish, but a mighty city as well, and thus the only location with adequate infrastructure and facilities to be our nation's home.

The argument has also been made that Breadalbane is appropriate as a "central" location. Central for who? The majority of our island's parishes are closer to Charlotte Town. We are not only the social, cultural, and economic heart of Prince Edward Island, we are in fact the geographic heart as well. I have nothing but respect for all our island's leaders and citizens, but this issue is a matter of principle in which I will not compromise.

I must raise another issue- my city is grossly underrepresented in the national assembly. We have, for example, more citizens than either Egmont or East Parish but half the representatives.  As a matter of fairness, decency, and justice, I must demand that the people of Charlotte Town receive equal representation in our nation's legislature.

Regarding other issues that have been raised, I note my continued unwavering support for greater connectivity and trade amongst all parishes. I support a bridge across the Hillsborough River, the right of Winsloe residents (and all others, for that matter) to work within Charlotte Town, the construction of more whorfs across the island, and a national investment in larger transport vessels capable of carrying cargo. Economic ties make us all stronger.

On a closing note, I urge that the situation in the west be resolved with tact and caution- no man wants bloodshed to result.

I hope that we can all share our lives peacefully without undue dispute, so that greater prosperity may be shared by all.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2010, 02:08:46 PM »

I begin by accepting His Grace the Bishop of St. David's gracious invitation to his church. It is my dearest wish to live in a state of peace and cooperation with my compatriots, in the highest order of Christian virtue.

Second, I decree that a settlement, with a wharf, be built on Bedford Bay in Lot 36, with good roads leading to Mount Stewart and Tracadie. A similar settlement shall be built at the confluence of the Hillsborough and Johnstone Rivers in Lot 35, with a good road leading to Mermaid.

Third, I ask that the railroad in the southern portion of Bedford Parish be rerouted through the town of Pownal, an integral part of Bedford's fishing industry.

Fourth, I decree that the sawmills in Mermaid and Mount Stewart begin producing large boats capable of carrying cargo posthaste.

Fifth, while I support the proposal for a bridge across the Hillsborough River between Rosebank and Charlottetown, it is imperative that this be done in such a manner that does not impede the potential flow of maritime traffic on the river east of Charlottetown. I will not approve of any bridge that does not allow a medium sized cargo ship to pass.

Sixth, I most wholeheartedly oppose any movement of the seat of the national government. Charlottetown is an ideal location. However, the parish of Bedford is willing to construct stately residences for Senators and other officials of the national government in upscale Rosebank, convenient to the national capital, but much more quiet and friendly than the city itself.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2010, 04:18:55 PM »

The Chancellor's rhetoric is reasonable and well informed, and the Provost does not feel that the relocation of the island's capitol to Breadalbane needs to be a critical issue of concern, as economic inequities are much more relevant to the current condition of the island. After all, the good people of Grenville Parish care about the price of their wheat and barley, not obscure political machinations. It is the Provost's desire to facilitate trade between the people of our parishes, and would prefer the town of Breadalbane to be a prosperous economic trading city rather than an admittedly small (in population), landlocked political capitol.

The Provost wishes to propose that any funding provided by the national coffers be equitably distributed among the parishes. As such, he would support a bridge spanning the Hillsborough River if it were contained in an omnibus transportation package that adequately addresses transportation deficiencies across the entire island. This package should include the Provost's proposal to re-route the railway passing through Hunter River, as the dangerously steep grade on the only link between the island's East and West threatens commerce between the parishes. 

Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2010, 05:20:10 PM »

Can we have a rough estimate of how much certain things cost? Is £1 of in-game money worth (in a real-life modern day setting) closer to one dollar, one thousand dollars, or one million dollars?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2010, 05:23:09 PM »

The Provost would also like to request an explicit deliniation of the powers relegated to various governmental bodies.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »

But that also leaves the fates of Lot 6.  I will resign the matter of Lot 4 to North Parish, seeing that the Countess will undoubtedly take full control of that situation herself.

I shall not move the militia into Lot 6 as of yet.  However, if given the authority by either the Government or the Crown, I will immediately annex Lot 6 as well.

It will take some hours to send the orders to the parish, and some further hours to get people into position. The "invasion" can begin in the morning.

35 citizens are registered in the Militia, how many do you wish to send? Do you wish to ask them to bring horses, and if, having none, equip them with horses?

Do you wish to issue a order of battle (IE direct the troops) or do you wish for the commanders of the militia to do that themselves?

It is best for the commanders of the Militia to take charge.   My order is to split the militia into two groups, 13 troops and my top commander will annex Lot 7.  12 troops under the second-in-command will remain on the border of Halifax and will be prepared to move into Lot 6 when the need arises.  The remaining 10 shall stay within the Parish to keep ourselves defended.

It is by my decree that until this crisis is resolved, all other projects will be put on hold in Halifax Parish.

x The Director
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2010, 06:58:40 PM »

Starting with the military issue:
The men have been organized as such and will head out in the morning.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies