DE: Fairleigh Dickinson University: Coons (D) leads by more than 20
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:48:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  DE: Fairleigh Dickinson University: Coons (D) leads by more than 20
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DE: Fairleigh Dickinson University: Coons (D) leads by more than 20  (Read 2009 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2010, 01:19:18 PM »

New Poll: Delaware Senator (Special) by Fairleigh Dickinson University on 2010-10-27

Summary: D: 57%, R: 36%, I: 0%, U: 6%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Whacker77

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 01:53:56 PM »

I hope O'Donnell loses by twenty or more points just so the right wing radio flame throwers who stuck her on us might be cowed.

Sadly, she'll be running again in 2012.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »

She'll win. [/Libertas]
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 02:38:32 PM »

I hope O'Donnell loses by twenty or more points just so the right wing radio flame throwers who stuck her on us might be cowed.

They will blame Castle for not supporting her and blame the Delaware GOP for not being far enough to the right.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 03:40:20 PM »

They will blame Castle for not supporting her and blame the Delaware GOP for not being far enough to the right.

44% of Castle's supporters said they would not even be open to considering voting for O'Donnell. I really don't blame them.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 04:14:50 PM »

44% of Castle's supporters said they would not even be open to considering voting for O'Donnell. I really don't blame them.

Of course, but thats not going to stop Limbaugh, Beck and the tea baggers from bitching.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 04:24:59 PM »

I hope the tea party is happy about this. There's always 2012. Third time's a charm, right?
Whacker77

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 04:27:52 PM »

My conservatism is very strong, but under no circumstances would I vote for someone as ethically challenged as O'Donnell.  I'm all for running conservative candidates, but they need to be high quality.  She's the total opposite.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 04:51:48 PM »

SUUUUUUUUUUUURRGEEEEEEEEEEEE!
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 04:52:50 PM »

Ah, the worst of the Tea Party. I won't shed a tear if she loses.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 04:53:50 PM »

I hope the tea party is happy about this. There's always 2012. Third time's a charm, right?

It would be the 4th time.  She ran in 2006 as well, lost the GOP Primary then did what Murkowski is doing and ran as a write-in.
mypalfish
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 05:55:28 PM »

All Castle had to do was give lip-service to Conservatives and he would have won, imo.  He couldn't even do that, instead he ripped the Right every chance he got.  How could he be shocked primary voters didn't like that?
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 05:58:36 PM »

That's certainly accurate. The situation in Delaware is entirely Mike Castle's fault. The GOP has him to blame if they miss taking the Senate by one seat.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 06:00:54 PM »

Voters can be pragmatic too you know.

I'm still disturbed she's grazing 40%...

Hilarious when it's the Tea Party's fault for getting behind Sheena the Unelectable....
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 08:54:31 PM »

That's certainly accurate. The situation in Delaware is entirely Mike Castle's fault. The GOP has him to blame if they miss taking the Senate by one seat.

lol.....
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 08:59:55 PM »

This is more a personal popularity based thing than an issue based thing.  If Castle were the nominee and running on O'Donnell's platform, he would be leading.  If O'Donnell were the nominee and running on Castle's platform, she would still be losing.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 09:07:31 PM »

This is more a personal popularity based thing than an issue based thing.  If Castle were the nominee and running on O'Donnell's platform, he would be leading.  If O'Donnell were the nominee and running on Castle's platform, she would still be losing.

If Castle was running on O'Donnell's platform he would have been thrown out of Congress a LONG time ago
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 09:14:24 PM »

Not to mention, that perhaps, just perhaps, Castle has a rather more sophisticated and in depth knowledge of complex issues, and perhaps a more serious approach to trying to balance the competing considerations. Yes, I opposed, and do oppose, his support of the cap and trade scam, but one issue does not a candidate make. Just a thought.

I am still quite bitter about this race, I admit it. I really want O'Donnell crushed. She is a disgrace, and a joke. Period.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 09:21:13 PM »

The situation in Delaware is entirely Mike Castle's fault. The GOP has him to blame if they miss taking the Senate by one seat.

I'm sure I'm going to regret asking this, but...) How, may I ask?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »

This is more a personal popularity based thing than an issue based thing.  If Castle were the nominee and running on O'Donnell's platform, he would be leading.

What Smash said.

If O'Donnell were the nominee and running on Castle's platform, she would still be losing.

But not by 20 points.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 11:02:47 PM »

That's ridiculous. This is Delaware. The people of Delaware are not conservative. Sorry.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 12:13:40 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2010, 12:15:41 AM by cinyc »

The situation in Delaware is entirely Mike Castle's fault. The GOP has him to blame if they miss taking the Senate by one seat.

I'm sure I'm going to regret asking this, but...) How, may I ask?

Well, if Mike Castle actually decided to run a primary campaign instead of just waking up the week before the primary and attacking O'Donnell out of sheer panic at the last minute, he probably would have won the primary in the first place.  It's the same thing that happened with Murkowski in Alaska - had she launched her post-primary attacks on Miller before the primary, he likely would have lost, too. Incumbents that take their reelection for granted only have themselves to blame.  I expect to see a lot more of this on election day.

Castle's failure to support the Republican nominee in the race is pretty cowardly and a sign of a bad sport, by the way.  Not that it would change the ultimate result, but it's terrible.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 12:43:44 AM »

Well, if Mike Castle actually decided to run a primary campaign instead of just waking up the week before the primary and attacking O'Donnell out of sheer panic at the last minute, he probably would have won the primary in the first place.  It's the same thing that happened with Murkowski in Alaska - had she launched her post-primary attacks on Miller before the primary, he likely would have lost, too. Incumbents that take their reelection for granted only have themselves to blame.  I expect to see a lot more of this on election day.

I understand that, but Libby's perspective is that O'Donnell will win.  That makes his comment rather nonsensical, unless he can elaborate on it for us.

Castle's failure to support the Republican nominee in the race is pretty cowardly and a sign of a bad sport, by the way.  Not that it would change the ultimate result, but it's terrible.

I disagree.  Losing primary candidates are in no way obliged to support the winning party nominee, especially if they ran a vicious, personal campaign against them.
mypalfish
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 09:16:53 AM »

New Monmouth poll has O'Donnell down 10.  The previous result had Coons up by 19.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies