NC-2: Etheridge down 46/41 (SUSA) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:58:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  NC-2: Etheridge down 46/41 (SUSA) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-2: Etheridge down 46/41 (SUSA)  (Read 8376 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: October 28, 2010, 05:05:14 PM »

Do you guys even know who Renee Ellmers is? She's one of the worst candidates fielded by the GOP, up there with Maes, Miller, and O'Donnell.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 05:39:11 PM »

Renee Ellmers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOiPylM_KDA

If she wins, it would be the upset of the cycle...
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 06:20:25 PM »

Ellmers did just fine fencing with Anderson Cooper. In fact, I would give her the match on points. She is no pushover. She is entitled to her opinion that the Mosque should not be built, and entitled to point out that Etheridge did not take a stand on it, until she ran her commercial.  And yes, I think the Mosque should be built, but that is just my opinion. There are arguments to be made on both sides.
It's not an argument for a Congressman to be having. It's a non-issue and when someone express their outrage about it, it reveals their racist/xenophobic tendencies. Really Torie? I thought she got destroyed by Cooper. Maybe if I wiped my memory and had no knowledge of any sort of history, I would say she won.

There are no arguments to be made on both sides. This is an issue about religious freedom and when some national group wants to go against local governmental procedure to try and stop its construction, it's wrong. It's not an issue for Congress to have any say in. Personal opinion does not matter, this is a private establishment that wants to build the cultural center.

You must really hate Etheridge to be playing devil's advocate on this one. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies