Atlasia v. Antonio V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:55:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia v. Antonio V (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasia v. Antonio V  (Read 13530 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: October 31, 2010, 04:04:58 AM »

I plead not guilty. I'm glad to announce that I accepted Pacific Governor Oakvale's offer to represent me for this case.

Before starting to argue, we should probably hear the plaintiff's reasoning.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 06:18:56 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2010, 06:21:44 PM by Antonio V »

Honorable Justices,

Since I have been granted wiki access, more than one year ago, I think my committment to the quality of the wiki has been proven plenty of times. A quick look to my contributions would be enough to demonstrate it. But if you are not convinced, you could also have a look at what the page "Senate History" was before I started to work on it and what it has become when the work was finished. A fair number of election pages were updated or even created by me. I regularly update the page of parties and that of regions. If you still aren't convinced, have a look at my own page, which I almost entirely did.

Every single edit I have made on the wiki, honorable Justices, had one single intent : improving its quality, by making it more complete, more clear, or better looking. My modification of the Populares' color is not an exception. The edit for which I am incriminated wasn't more "malicious" than any other of my edits. The Supreme Court has the right to state that the Populares color is "legitimate content" and must not be edited. If the court rules so, despite my personal disagreement, I will accept the verdict and cease to edit the wiki page. But prior to a court's decision, the "legitimacy" of the Populares' color isn't established, and thus my edit isn't reprehensible.

Whatever will be your decision, I will accept it with the serenity of an innocent man. I have the certitude to have always done what is right for Atlasia, and I will keep doing what I consider to be the right thing.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 05:29:44 AM »

Let's let this case go to the jury. I doubt there is anything left to argue.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 05:07:09 AM »

I was pondering on this myself.

Do we necessarily need to go to jury if finding members is this difficult? I'm certainly fine going without one but it's really up to Antonio.

If I can choose, I'd like to be tried directly by Justice Ebowed. Hopefully this can make things faster.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 04:27:16 AM »

So that means I'm finally acquitted ? It was high time. Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 05:06:56 AM »

I'd apreciate if you could take your usual bickering out of the Court case thread.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 04:56:01 AM »

The Court did fail in this case.  They failed to assemble a jury, after what appeared to be a half-hearted attempt to form one.  Weeks were allowed to pass with no action.  It was not until I, as President, sent a PM to the Court asking that something be done, that a verdict was delivered.  I also made it clear that I held no opinion regarding what the verdict should be, merely that there should be one.

I actuallly 100% agree with you about that. The only reason why I decided to be tried by the Courts is because of their failure to form a jury. It's just depressing that our judiciary system is unable to give us a verdict in decent delays. As I already said, I'm not fully satisfied by Ebowed's verdict, but justice needs to be done in a way or another.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies