Voice Of The Zombies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:43:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Voice Of The Zombies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Voice Of The Zombies  (Read 5968 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 11:49:39 PM »

I don't see a problem with Marokai excusing himself from the case if he feels partisanship may get in the way. I'd rather him do that than take on the case in some sort of bias fashion. It needs to be pursued though, especially if that kind of vandalism is going on.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 11:56:11 PM »

I don't see a problem with Marokai excusing himself from the case if he feels partisanship may get in the way. I'd rather him do that than take on the case in some sort of bias fashion. It needs to be pursued though, especially if that kind of vandalism is going on.

Get Libertas to accept my offer and give me someone to appoint, then. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2010, 12:02:19 AM »

Get Libertas to accept my offer and give me someone to appoint, then. Tongue

Where's my magic stick? If I can find it then maybe...
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2010, 01:47:06 AM »

I can be the persecuter
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 04:42:09 PM »

Mmhm.

You're free to respond to the offer I gave you during my confirmation hearing about appointing anyone you want to argue the case in my stead. Which, you know, you haven't. I suppose it's much more fun to have something to bitch about instead of deal with the issue to move on.

Hmmmm....A response from the Editor surely seems in order here. I mean, that lacerating editorial didn't even mention the offer MB made to have a prosecutor appointed.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 05:56:10 PM »

Mmhm.

You're free to respond to the offer I gave you during my confirmation hearing about appointing anyone you want to argue the case in my stead. Which, you know, you haven't. I suppose it's much more fun to have something to bitch about instead of deal with the issue to move on.

Hmmmm....A response from the Editor surely seems in order here. I mean, that lacerating editorial didn't even mention the offer MB made to have a prosecutor appointed.

He's so far managed to avoid addressing that every single time I've made the offer. Hell, after I mentioned it in the confirmation hearing (responding to a question he directly asked me) he then never showed up in the hearing again and seems to just go blind every time his eyes cross over the proposal.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 10:38:50 PM »

Mmhm.

He's so far managed to avoid addressing that every single time I've made the offer. Hell, after I mentioned it in the confirmation hearing (responding to a question he directly asked me) he then never showed up in the hearing again and seems to just go blind every time his eyes cross over the proposal.
Now now, MB---I'm sure there is a reaonable ecplanation that Libby is about to offer right...now...
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2010, 12:03:31 AM »

Комментарий
Senator Libertas

PPT Election Finally Settled

The election for PPT in the 40th Senate has finally been drawn to a conclusion, after being turned into quite a mess by the ineptitude of Vice President Kalwejt.

Though I had wished to abstain from the vote that would decide the election between Bacon King (JCP-LA) and North Carolina Yankee (RPP-NC), apparently this was not to be allowed.

For some reason unbeknownst to me, it was assumed that my vote automatically belonged to NCY. Since Kalwejt was too cowardly to make a non-partisan decision himself, apparently it fell to me to deliver the election to NCY without any regard to my original intentions.

Although I would not have minded the return of Bacon King, who did not spam my inbox nor obsess over legalistic minutia as PPT, the barrage of PMs telling me to vote for NCY and the posts attacking BK made it clear I had no choice unless I wanted to be crucified myself.

This is not the first- nor the last, I'm sure- colossal screw-up to come out of this administration.

Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2010, 07:31:24 AM »

This blatantly self-serving non-editorial is just begging me to make a point-by-point response.  But no- I am above such petty squabbles, and I am not going to take the bait.  The administration officially has NO COMMENT.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 01:33:38 PM »

This blatantly self-serving non-editorial is just begging me to make a point-by-point response.  But no- I am above such petty squabbles, and I am not going to take the bait.  The administration officially has NO COMMENT.

What is there even to debate? Vice President Kalwejt screwed up royally with the way he handled the PPT election, and he practically admitted as such when he almost resigned.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2010, 01:49:36 PM »

What is there even to debate? Vice President Kalwejt screwed up royally with the way he handled the PPT election, and he practically admitted as such when he almost resigned.

When you're making a screw up, you have to admit this. I screw up, I admit that, fortunately, we were able to settle this somehow.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2010, 05:35:33 PM »

Technically, the administration just commented on it by both the President and Vice President responding to it. Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2010, 07:20:26 PM »

1. BK sent out PM's too. The only deteminants in how many is the number of items before the Senate. The only change I made, was to make them entertaining. I used to not send any PM's to anybody, when I was PPT before. Of course, you weren't a Senator then and thus you wouldn't know. I don't like the PM's myself but they are too popular and entrenched now to be dispensed with. Thats why I removed the links from them to remove the potential of a "zombie" senate while still providing something of a heads up. 

2. "Legalistic minutia", what the hell is this? As if BK never shows up with with a section of OSPR and an annoying objection. You have a body, you have procedures to keep it orderly and thus you try to see that most of, atleast the important ones, are enforced less the Senate become totally useless. I will remind you, it was BK who pointed out that Kal made a mistake with the PPT election. "Legalistic minutia". We have slight differences in focus, but BK and I have run the Senate in ways that are pretty damn similar.

And just like BK defended me  when my record as PPT was being impugned by "certain individuals now dispensed with", I will defend Kalwejt, here. He did insist on running the Senate till the PPT election was over, and we can atleast give him credit for putting some puspose back into the position of VP. He was given a pretty damn raw deal here.

And also, I made a decision that I wasn't going to PM anyone asking for votes for PPT, I didn't realize that in the void others would do it for me. But that isn't something we should be seeing. Not in the frantic, partisan and fractious way in which it occured this time. I think the wise course here would be to treat this as a learning experience for everyone, move on and as one person already said, "Shut the hell up" about it.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2010, 08:16:34 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2010, 08:21:28 PM by Senator Libertas »

1. BK sent out PM's too. The only deteminants in how many is the number of items before the Senate. The only change I made, was to make them entertaining. I used to not send any PM's to anybody, when I was PPT before. Of course, you weren't a Senator then and thus you wouldn't know. I don't like the PM's myself but they are too popular and entrenched now to be dispensed with. Thats why I removed the links from them to remove the potential of a "zombie" senate while still providing something of a heads up.  

BK's PM's were much fewer and far between and never addressed members of the Senate as "MY LAZY SHEEEPZ".

The number of them is the real problem, however. You sent so many that I stopped paying attention to them.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As you might recall, there was once a major bill of mine that after weeks of debate you insisted would have to be thrown out over a technicality and re-introduced all over again, but BK as PPT was able to find a way to get around that and get it passed quickly.

That's just one example to illustrate the overly Pharisaical approach to the law that I do hope we will see less of this term.

You can only say that comfortably now since I put an end to the mess and saved your re-election. If I hadn't shown up (or I had voted abstain), Kalwejt would have voted for BK again and you'd no longer be PPT.

All the PMs you send and suddenly you decide you're not going to send out PMs the one time it could have actually been worthwhile? Tongue

I was not against you being PPT, but I just really did not appreciate the implication made by multiple people that my vote was already decided and automatically belonged to you. Apparently unlike the rest of the Senate body, I would have rather heard from both you and BK about why you would make the better PPT, so I could make an informed decision rather than just falling in line based on party or personality.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2010, 11:11:31 PM »

BK's PM's were much fewer and far between and never addressed members of the Senate as "MY LAZY SHEEEPZ".

The number of them is the real problem, however. You sent so many that I stopped paying attention to them.

As you might recall, there was once a major bill of mine that after weeks of debate you insisted would have to be thrown out over a technicality and re-introduced all over again, but BK as PPT was able to find a way to get around that and get it passed quickly.

That's just one example to illustrate the overly Pharisaical approach to the law that I do hope we will see less of this term.

You can only say that comfortably now since I put an end to the mess and saved your re-election. If I hadn't shown up (or I had voted abstain), Kalwejt would have voted for BK again and you'd no longer be PPT.

All the PMs you send and suddenly you decide you're not going to send out PMs the one time it could have actually been worthwhile? Tongue

I was not against you being PPT, but I just really did not appreciate the implication made by multiple people that my vote was already decided and automatically belonged to you. Apparently unlike the rest of the Senate body, I would have rather heard from both you and BK about why you would make the better PPT, so I could make an informed decision rather than just falling in line based on party or personality.

1. As, I said, the only deteminant in how many PM's I sent was the number items before the Senate.

2. It wasn't my job at the time to think of a creative way to make the Senate operate efficiently, it was BK, hence why he found a "work around". It was my job to point a potential problem, however, something which BK and others have done from time to to time. No one is perfect and things get missed, hence why such things should be pointed out and dealt with somehow.

3. Actually no. I was not expecting to win, and I was saying the same thing to Kalwejt via PM and publically on the atlas, WHEN I WAS LOSING, which he can verify. "Don't throw, if it weren't for me, you wouldn't of won". I have no problem with BK winning the PPT over me, what I wanted was it to be done in a better fashion, something which others prevented. I am PPT now for the same reason that Lisa Murkowski got reellected, luck and chance.

4. Thouse PM's were meant to get your attention. As I told Kalwejt two months ago, my plan was to try insulting you guys and seeing if that got more of you active Tongue.

5. I actually expected you to vote for BK, now that you mention it. Tongue. That too can be verified, by Kalwejt and tmth.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 03:53:16 AM »

By the way, you know what my intentions were in a case of a futher tie? Cast "abstain" vote as well. Do an experiment. Senate would be left without PPT, because I really wouldn't got involved again, since no matter what decision (voting for BK or Yankee) would led to another hack bitchfest. Of course we have a Dean, who would basically act as PPT.

I'd do it and maybe Atlasians would learn that raising a hell in response to every political move is an idiotism.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2010, 04:04:53 PM »

I bet someone is wishing they handn't complained about sheep and they got double there money at the same time, can't beat that. Sometimes a jamming computer comes in handy. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2010, 04:37:33 PM »

I bet someone is wishing they handn't complained about sheep and they got double there money at the same time, can't beat that. Sometimes a jamming computer comes in handy. Tongue

Methink we should rename PPT post to Shepherd, Senators to Sheeps and call Dean an Old Sheep. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2010, 05:06:11 PM »

Methink we should rename PPT post to Shepherd, Senators to Sheeps and call Dean an Old Sheep.  

I would get bored with it, too quickly. Thats why I rotate amongst several insults.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2010, 10:55:02 PM »

Separation of Church and State? Not in Atlasia
The Jesus Christ Party Becomes One With the Atlasian "Justice System"

It's getting more and more difficult these days to tell where the JCP machine ends and the Atlasian government begins, and no where was this more evident than the recent turn of events surrounding the case of Atlasia v. Antonio V. Here VOTZ will provide some of the players in this case in their own words.

The mangling of this case has had even rivals of Libertas and the Populares express criticism of the unfair way it was handled. One had this to say:

Wow is this what the Atlasian legal system has come to... no complete jury to actually judge the case, an attorney general who refuses to put forward the case and who doesn't appoint someone to do it for him. I'm not a fan of Libertas of any sorts, but this is quite an unfair handling of the case.

Even former Attorney General Kalwejt expressed disappointment in the outcome, resulting in an explosive lashing out against him by Marokai Blue, whose remarks are provided here:

And I completely disagreed with what you were doing. Quite frankly, you had no earthly clue how to handle legal affairs, and you were doing this only because Purple State told you to.

Some of your arguments were completely ridiculous, too:

That is possibly the dumbest thing the ATTORNEY GENERAL could have ever said in a case that is quite literally all about intent. The entire case revolves around trying to prove intent, and you just casually say "well, intent doesn't matter at all." It does because the entire law is about intent. You completely mishandled this case from the beginning, and Libertas totally abandoned the case after I made him the offer of appointing anyone he wanted.

This was never a case about the law. You prosecuted Antonio because you were under order to and wanted to look like you were nonpartisan by going after a member of your own party and Libertas didn't care about the law, he only cared about trying to have as little to do with the case as possible, so he could bitch about the outcome even if he totally abandoned the arguments. This case was a personal and partisan circus.

In response to all of this, Senator Libertas summed it up:

Yes, good thing Antonio got his friend Ebowed to show up and help out a fellow JCPer rather than assemble the jury the rest of us have been waiting for.

Ebowed's failure to even pretend to have considered the substantial amount of argument that already took place makes this an especially embarrassing case of corruption here in Soviet Atlasia.

So to review...

Antonio vandalizes the Wiki page of a rival party for months and mocks members of that party when asked to stop. Under the Purple State administration, Attorney General Kalwejt files charges against Antonio. The case is presented against Antonio. No defense is ever presented by Antonio. afleitch and Marokai attempt two arguments. afleitch says the color wasn't really emerald to begin with. This is debunked with numerous citations. Then Marokai claims that Antonio tried to talk to me but I never responded. This was also debunked with linked source.

Meanwhile we're waiting for a jury to be assembled, with a few jurors showing up here.

Fast forward a bit, Purple State is out, Fritz is in. AG Kalwejt, who actually does his job, is replaced by a mean-spirited, manipulative, and self-serving political appointee. Marokai Blue likes having the title "Attorney General" but refuses to actually do his job if it might affect a fellow red avatar JCPer.

And so the case seems to be going nowhere as we wait for a jury.

Then Antonio shows up for the first time saying he'd rather have his buddy Ebowed, a fellow JCPer, decide the case. This, instead of the jury the court is taking forever to assemble due to its own ineptitude. Marokai seconds this request, and without further ado, Ebowed says yeah, forget the jury, and he supposedly acquits Antonio while pretending that no arguments were ever put forth to address all of the issues he mentions. Antonio shows up with an arrogant smirk, about time, what took so long to acquit me, bro. The curtains drop on the stage, the end. Cue the applause.

This is a severe miscarriage of justice, and everyone involved in this kangaroo court ought to be ashamed.

But bravo, good show, everyone.

Judge for yourselves whether Atlasia is in need of a wall of separation between the JCP machine and the Atlasian 'justice' system.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2010, 12:25:25 AM »

Apparently Libertas doesn't enjoy giving people complete quotes.

And I completely disagreed with what you were doing. Quite frankly, you had no earthly clue how to handle legal affairs, and you were doing this only because Purple State told you to.

Also, I have a firm beflief that intentions are not important here. The results are.

That is possibly the dumbest thing the ATTORNEY GENERAL could have ever said in a case that is quite literally all about intent. The entire case revolves around trying to prove intent, and you just casually say "well, intent doesn't matter at all." It does because the entire law is about intent. You completely mishandled this case from the beginning, and Libertas totally abandoned the case after I made him the offer of appointing anyone he wanted.

This was never a case about the law. You prosecuted Antonio because you were under order to and wanted to look like you were nonpartisan by going after a member of your own party and Libertas didn't care about the law, he only cared about trying to have as little to do with the case as possible, so he could bitch about the outcome even if he totally abandoned the arguments. This case was a personal and partisan circus.

Kalwejt's previous argument I was highlighting and responding to is curiously absent in Libertas' propaganda piece of trash.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2010, 11:57:13 AM »

So this has eventually come to an end. After having been calumniated for months a Supreme Court Justice found me not guilty of the frivolent charges that the administration brought against me under pressure of Libertas. He thought making a lot of noise would be enough to convince a jury that I was a criminal. Well, it doesn't work so in a State of Right. You can scream as much as you can, you can use the most filthy and provocative vocabulary as you can, but when you are wrong, you are wrong. Sure I'd have apreciated a more developed and specific verdict, but someone needed to finally say things as they are.

Of course, we can not expect Libertas to accept the verdict as any mature person. Instead, he has to spread again his hatred of the evil corrupt JCP machine that controls the Supreme Court. Since you don't like the verdict, those who pronounced it must be corrupt. That's how things work in Libertas work. Of course, it's for the same reason that Libertas was found guilty by the same corrupt court... I challenge any Libertas fan (because there still are !) to say that this farcical hack is worth to be a Senator.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2010, 02:01:19 PM »

Also, I have a firm beflief that intentions are not important here. The results are.

Kalwejt's previous argument I was highlighting and responding to is curiously absent in Libertas' propaganda piece of trash.

Thanks a lot again, Marokai.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2010, 03:33:19 PM »

Which was irrelevant of course, since I was quoting you, not Kalwejt.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2010, 04:55:44 PM »

Which was irrelevant of course, since I was quoting you, not Kalwejt.

It's not irrelevant at all. That post of mine makes no sense whatsoever out of context, since the entire point of it was responding to that specific line from Kalwejt. Not including that makes it seem confusing and senselessly angry, which is precisely what your crackpot newspaper was intended to do to people anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies