Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 04:12:44 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2010 Elections
| | |-+  2010 Senatorial Election Polls (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | | |-+  WV: Rasmussen Poll: Manchin (D) 50%, Raese (R) 46%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WV: Rasmussen Poll: Manchin (D) 50%, Raese (R) 46%  (Read 2078 times)
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2010, 10:03:05 am »
Ignore

The poll is here.

So, I have to change my prediction on this race to Dem. Raese may still win it, but the odds are low. So assuming Rossi really wins in Washington, it appears that the GOP takeover of the Senate was stopped in the hollows of the WV hills - quite an oddity for a state that holds Obama in such low esteem.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:04:37 am by Torie »Logged

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 10:04:42 am »
Ignore

New Poll: West Virginia Senator (Special) by Rasmussen on 2010-10-31

Summary: D: 50%, R: 46%, I: 1%, U: 3%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 10:06:01 am »
Ignore

It would be amusing if Manchin won 52-48 in this year.
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 10:06:48 am »
Ignore

The poll is here.

So, I have to change my prediction on this race to Dem. Raese may still win it, but the odds are low. So assuming Rossi really wins in Washington, it appears that the GOP takeover of the Senate was stopped in the hollows of the WV hills - quite an oddity for a state that holds Obama in such low esteem.

It's really Raese's fault for his hick ad controversy. He had it in the bag but fumbled it.
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 10:08:30 am »
Ignore

It's really Raese's fault for his hick ad controversy. He had it in the bag but fumbled it.

To be fair, that's not so much Raese's fault so much as it is the folks who were hiring for the ad, but ... yeah.

Mr Moderate at 54/10 is a total joke, he is a horror.

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 10:10:06 am »
Ignore

The poll is here.

Well, it was also stopped two months ago in the quiet state of Delaware.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 10:40:39 am »
Ignore

To be fair, that's not so much Raese's fault so much as it is the folks who were hiring for the ad, but ... yeah.

I doubt if the hick thing had much to do with it. The mansion ads and the minimum wage thing, I think are what eroded Raese at the margins. That is what Manchin's attack ads were about. Plus Manchin went heavily blue dog.

mypalfish

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 11:31:19 am »
Ignore

As usual, the GOP bungles races late in the game and makes what should have been a great night just pretty good.

The wave is dead as soon as Manchin is declared the winner on election night.

There are no races where the GOP candidate surprises with a win due to a late surge.  Some wave...

What a bunch of overblown bunk.
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 11:32:53 am »
Ignore

As usual, the GOP bungles races late in the game and makes what should have been a great night just pretty good.

There are no races where the GOP candidate surprises with a win due to a late surge.  Some wave...

Stop trolling.

Mr Moderate at 54/10 is a total joke, he is a horror.

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 11:34:31 am »
Ignore

And there you have it!  Tongue  You know, the borders of the US expand beyond WV. Just a thought.

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 11:35:23 am »
Ignore

Stop trolling.

Nah, the post is almost good enough for the Comedy Goldmine actually. Smiley

Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 12:51:11 pm »
Ignore

The Republicans might just win a senate race in Washington and almost win against a governor with 70% approval ratings. How would that  not be a wave? Stop embarrassing yourself.

The only state that looks odd to me is Colorado. If the Republicans are winning the generic ballot by 10 points, they should be carrying Colorado regardless of candidate. That may happen in the end but it's very, very close.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 01:19:20 pm »
Ignore

Oh, Christ, we've got another sg. I'm going to have a headache for a long time if tomorrow night is anything less than perfect, I think...

In Wyoming, there are two seasons.
Winter and July.
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 02:10:44 pm »
Ignore

I don't know what to make of this. Obama is so unpopular in WV so I'm having a hard time believing Manchin will win.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 02:49:53 pm »
Ignore

There are good reasons to remain at least a little bit wary of assuming much about this race until the results start coming through, but these numbers certainly seem reasonable.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 05:00:07 pm »
Ignore

There are good reasons to remain at least a little bit wary of assuming much about this race until the results start coming through, but these numbers certainly seem reasonable.

I still think this race is going to break one way. I think it will be towards the Democrat, but I wouldn't be surprised if Raese wins.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout