NATIONAL SENATE/HOUSE RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:39:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NATIONAL SENATE/HOUSE RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 62
Poll
Question: Who won the 2010 election?
Republicans

Democrats

Neither Party

Both Parties

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: NATIONAL SENATE/HOUSE RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)  (Read 157660 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: November 04, 2010, 12:26:23 AM »

So King is busy digging up ballots as we speak?

If Rossi said something about his supporters needing second amendment remedies, I'd be inclined to be sympathetic, given his history . . .

Oh shut up already.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1126 on: November 04, 2010, 12:30:31 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2010, 12:37:38 AM by Pacific Justice Mr. Fuzzleton »

If Rossi said something about his supporters needing second amendment remedies, I'd be inclined to be sympathetic, given his history . . .

300,000 dug up ballots, to be exact!  

I even helped forge 50,000 of them myself.  Tongue
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #1127 on: November 04, 2010, 01:34:21 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2010, 01:36:02 AM by Ogre Mage »

Sour grapes is a terrible thing.  Perhaps Rossi might have done better if he spent more time studying the issues.  Then he would not have flubbed his answer about Boeing's tanker contract in front of the Tacoma News Tribune editorial board, a basic WA Politics 101 question any fool should be able to answer.  Or shown his ignorance about Net Neutrality in front of the Seattle Times editorial board.  Murray knew what Net Neutrality was.   Click on the link and watch the 2:17 minute clip entitled "Net Neutrality."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/flatpages/local/politics/editorialinterviewssenate2010.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

lol.  From the Seattle Times endorsement of Patty Murray:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/editorials/2013112273_edit10murray.html

Fortunately, voters in King County understood who the superior candidate was in this race.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #1128 on: November 04, 2010, 01:44:18 AM »

I just got an email today saying the Republicans took control of both the NC House and Senate for the first time since Reconstruction. Not bad.
Alabama, too.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1129 on: November 04, 2010, 02:12:52 AM »

You're not allowed to suggest that Republicans lost a race because they knew nothing about issues and the Democrat was smarter and more informed than them even if it's true, Ogre Mage. Apparently it makes you a hack.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1130 on: November 04, 2010, 05:43:06 AM »

Yes, also keep in mind that Murray is one of the dumbest Senators (some blue avatars on here said it so it must be true), so there's no way she could be so studied on the issues. If Rossi doesn't win this race by more than 2%, it was stolen.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1131 on: November 04, 2010, 05:46:36 AM »

Too early for a rough estimate of national popular vote? I rather doubt it's the R+15 crap that gallup was shovelling.

Nate Silver said it was about R+6.7 when he wrote that blog post Wednesday morning. It's probably shrunk a little as California has continued to come in (Dem's national margin always goes up a bit as California and provisional ballots in states around the country are counted). Obviously Rasmussen and Gallup were huge outliers.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1132 on: November 04, 2010, 06:37:48 AM »

Yeah, and Murray is increasing her lead in Washington with 71% reporting.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1133 on: November 04, 2010, 07:01:12 AM »

Excuse my rant, but I'm only 17 and I've really never cared about losing a race until now.

Don't worry, if you're a Crist supporter your opinion will swing wildly in the opposite direction pretty soon. Wink

But what I basically am saying is I don't think Crist is done politically, nationally most likely, but I could really see him running for Congress (FL-10) if Bill Young retires or for St.Pete Mayor (next election is in 2013).

That's probably the best he could do for a while. His name is badly tainted at this point.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1134 on: November 04, 2010, 07:02:14 AM »

cnn exit poll FL : Rubio wins 55 % of latinos (12 % of the voters).

Meek wins 76 % of the blacks voters (11 % of the voters).

And of course the actual numbers proved Crist had a chance.  Great job Meek.Tongue

. . . assuming the same turnout and that at least 98 percent of the combined Crist + Meek voters would have still voted for Crist.

Rubio probably would have won bigger. He really massacred the opposition on the county map, way better then Martinez did.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1135 on: November 04, 2010, 07:41:31 AM »

Here you go AJC :

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1136 on: November 04, 2010, 08:16:13 AM »

Im surprised the Bennet survived.  He has that seat for as long as he wants it after tonight.

Why do people make stupid predictions like that?
Guderian

« Reply #1137 on: November 04, 2010, 08:23:04 AM »

Arizona GOP should really make Grijalva safer in future by plucking away more of Tucson from Arizona 8th and making that seat more Republican.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #1138 on: November 04, 2010, 08:25:11 AM »

I am ever so slightly amused by the Democrats pulling out every close race & retaining a majority of U.S. House seats in North Carolina of all places.

NC is the craziest Democrat-drawn gerrymander in the country. The state legislature is GOP now, so that advantage quite possibly wont last long.

Eastern North Carolina is f-ed up because they divide the whites and blacks each into their own district and the squiggly line out west is likewise a black-majority district. Those aren't going away because of the federal government has to approve our districts that create two majority-minority districts.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1139 on: November 04, 2010, 08:33:50 AM »

Arizona GOP should really make Grijalva safer in future by plucking away more of Tucson from Arizona 8th and making that seat more Republican.

Arizona has a non-partisan redistricting commission.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1140 on: November 04, 2010, 08:45:59 AM »

I looked at Centre County, and percent turnout was down. 

http://www.centredaily.com/2010/11/04/2316455/county-shifts-toward-gop.html

The county, which is the home of Penn State, became Democratic in registration in 2008.  Toomey carried it by 51.6 to Sestak's 48.2.

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/elections/results/results.asp?FolderName=2010_general_election&FileName=2010_general_accumulated_results

This might be a collapse in Democratic turnout across the rest of the state, possibly coupled by an increase in Republican turnout.  Democratic turnout, especially black Democratic turnout, was up in Philadelphia.
Guderian

« Reply #1141 on: November 04, 2010, 08:46:06 AM »

Arizona has a non-partisan redistricting commission.

Ah, yeah I forgot about that. There's still an argument to be made for giving more of Tucson to Grijalva based on the population explosion north of the city, which falls in AZ-08. Of course, the new district will have to be created somewhere too. It's a state to keep an eye on.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #1142 on: November 04, 2010, 10:04:06 AM »

Im surprised the Bennet survived.  He has that seat for as long as he wants it after tonight.

It's not a stupid prediction.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1143 on: November 04, 2010, 10:18:36 AM »

Bennet won this election by about 1% against an awful opponent....and even if that weren't the case, you can NEVER say a person has a seat for as long as he wants in Colorado.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1144 on: November 04, 2010, 10:22:01 AM »

People often predict what they wish to be so.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1145 on: November 04, 2010, 10:27:16 AM »

Which House races have yet to be called and which have been recently called (i.e. since Wed. AM)?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1146 on: November 04, 2010, 10:27:25 AM »

Bennet won this election by about 1% against an awful opponent....and even if that weren't the case, you can NEVER say a person has a seat for as long as he wants in Colorado.

There is reasonably strong evidence after 2006-10 that Colorado has become a left-leaning state in general.  It's very different from VA or FL or OH, which all voted for Obama then had a pronounced swing back to the GOP.  There was no swing back in CO, indicating that the state as a whole has shifted left over the past 4 years. I think that is what this guy is getting at.  It's very premature to say that Bennet has the seat for life, but it's pretty logical to say that the Dems here have a better than 50% chance in any major CO race for the forseeable future.  I mean Hickenlooper broke 50% against two opponents for goodness sake!   
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1147 on: November 04, 2010, 10:29:54 AM »

Given Colorado's history of swinging among parties and the fact that Bennet is not a personal institution, it's not a statement one can support.
rob in cal
« Reply #1148 on: November 04, 2010, 10:31:09 AM »

I'm wondering about PA redistricting.  Right now GOP has maxed out at 8 seats from Central to Eastern PA, but a lot of them are swing seats that can be lost fairly easily in a bad GOP year like 2006.  What I'm wondering is whether it would make sense in redistricting to concede one of those seats to the Dems, if by creating one more Dem leaning seat it would make all or most of the other seats far more easy for the GOP to hold in a less favorable political season. It would be kind of like buying insurance so to speak.  You'd lose a little in the short term but when the you know what hits the fan, like 2006 again, you'd be in a better position.  Of course one question is, is this even possible to do this, or are the demographics to complicated to pull this off.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1149 on: November 04, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »

They are very likely to axe PA 12. That was the feeling before these big wins and is certainly the feeling now.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 62  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies