NATIONAL SENATE/HOUSE RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:20:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NATIONAL SENATE/HOUSE RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who won the 2010 election?
Republicans

Democrats

Neither Party

Both Parties

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: NATIONAL SENATE/HOUSE RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)  (Read 157992 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: November 02, 2010, 07:12:16 PM »

First pick-up of the night? Dems in DE-AL. Grin

Exit polling, I assume?  I don't see any results yet.

Turn on a TV.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 07:16:14 PM »

MSNBC called it, and the NYT map seems to have it colored in blue.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 07:30:05 PM »

OH-06 not filling me with joy at the moment.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 08:42:50 PM »

What hacks on MSNBC. They're seriously saying Republicans won't raise the debt ceiling and thus knowingly cause a worldwide depression.

This is analogous to Republicans saying Obama was going to socialize healthcare.

That's why I don't watch MSNBC.

MSNBC is full of idiots, but Lawrence O'Donnell is obviously an intelligent liberal who belongs on a better network.  Smarter than Keith and Rachel and family combined.

Just fyi, they didn't say that at all. They mentioned the debt ceiling will need to be raised and Rand Paul made a big stint in his speech about being "enslaved to debt." They also mentioned that Rand Paul would have power as an individual Senator to stand in the way of such a raise, and then they talked about the possible effects that would have on the world economy.

That seems entirely reasonable to be and perfectly truthful and legit questions.

But you can go back to the "I hate MSNBC and all cable news" bandwagon now and pretend you're way ahead of the curb.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 11:07:42 PM »

Wow, it looks like Fiorina has a legitimate chance...
It's already been called for Boxer..

With fifteen percent of precincts reporting in.

Reversing a call almost never happens.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 11:37:15 PM »

Thank you Sharron Angle!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 12:32:32 AM »

Associated Press and MSNBC seem to be reporting on the possibility of a massive vote-counting error in favor of Buck. Apparently up to 40,000 votes could've been mistakenly given to Buck.

Hope it's true.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 01:18:16 AM »

MSNBC rolled out the B team. It's like amateur hour over there now.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 01:24:10 AM »

Uh, Jefferson still has <1% reporting. It has some strong Republican areas in it. Ditto for Arapahoe, which has only 10% in.

About 1/2 of Jefferson is now in, Bennet slightly ahead, looks to be keeping pace with the early vote in Jefferson.  Very little of Araphoe still in, early vote went to Bennet.

With what is left in Boulder and Denver (and to a lesser extent Adams) considering all of Weld is in and the vast majority of El Paso and Douglas are in, Bennet will win.

If he does win, and I'm pretty cautiously optimistic about it, it will certainly prove that going on the attack and refusing to toe the line of conventional wisdom on social issues can be a benefit to you. Bennet hit Buck hard with accusations of him being an extremist on abortion and wasn't afraid to throw it in his face while debating him.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 01:28:23 AM »

Uh, Jefferson still has <1% reporting. It has some strong Republican areas in it. Ditto for Arapahoe, which has only 10% in.

About 1/2 of Jefferson is now in, Bennet slightly ahead, looks to be keeping pace with the early vote in Jefferson.  Very little of Araphoe still in, early vote went to Bennet.

With what is left in Boulder and Denver (and to a lesser extent Adams) considering all of Weld is in and the vast majority of El Paso and Douglas are in, Bennet will win.

If he does win, and I'm pretty cautiously optimistic about it, it will certainly prove that going on the attack and refusing to toe the line of conventional wisdom on social issues can be a benefit to you. Bennet hit Buck hard with accusations of him being an extremist on abortion and wasn't afraid to throw it in his face while debating him.

It's risky. It did backfire on Grayson, after all.

It backfired on Grayson because he conducts himself like a raving lunatic. Bennet is much more restrained in his personality.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 01:32:42 AM »

How are you holding up tonight, Badger? Not a good night for us Ohio Dems. Sad
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 07:21:28 AM »

I'm confused. Bennet will win? But, he ran a really aggressive campaign throwing alot of stuff in Buck's face! And Mr. Moderate always tells me that Democrats who make abortion a major campaign issue never have it rebound to their benefit. Huh
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 12:21:46 AM »

So King is busy digging up ballots as we speak?

If Rossi said something about his supporters needing second amendment remedies, I'd be inclined to be sympathetic, given his history . . .

You people are insanely paranoid. Not only does Washington seem to be slow at counting it's ballots normally, but people also vote by mail there, meaning they are still receiving some ballots in today and maybe even for the next couple days or more. Your ability to assume any close election that Republicans lose, not even elections where this is a even far out-there suspicion let alone a real possibility, is a stolen one, is blowing my mind.

I honestly don't even believe you mean it at this point.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 12:26:09 AM »

Excuse my rant, but I'm only 17 and I've really never cared about losing a race until now.

It's ok, man. Trust me one gets used to it. Wink

Especially when you're a Democrat. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 02:12:52 AM »

You're not allowed to suggest that Republicans lost a race because they knew nothing about issues and the Democrat was smarter and more informed than them even if it's true, Ogre Mage. Apparently it makes you a hack.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies