NATIONAL SENATE/HOUSE RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:41:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NATIONAL SENATE/HOUSE RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who won the 2010 election?
Republicans

Democrats

Neither Party

Both Parties

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: NATIONAL SENATE/HOUSE RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)  (Read 158036 times)
rob in cal
« on: November 03, 2010, 10:07:44 AM »

And Lief, don't worry, even if you had a GOP congress and President, they still wouldn't try to do much to change what I call the "Brazilification" of the US.  To paraphrase one Democrat official from the early 2000's in Texas "our voters are still on their way here from Mexico".  I don't think, however, that you will see much of a chance of even more immigration beyond the already high levels already allowed in getting through the new house.  In the case of the western senate seats, one could truly argue that immigrants and their descendants are "doing the work (voting Democrat) that white middle class Americans are too  lazy to do".
rob in cal
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 10:31:09 AM »

I'm wondering about PA redistricting.  Right now GOP has maxed out at 8 seats from Central to Eastern PA, but a lot of them are swing seats that can be lost fairly easily in a bad GOP year like 2006.  What I'm wondering is whether it would make sense in redistricting to concede one of those seats to the Dems, if by creating one more Dem leaning seat it would make all or most of the other seats far more easy for the GOP to hold in a less favorable political season. It would be kind of like buying insurance so to speak.  You'd lose a little in the short term but when the you know what hits the fan, like 2006 again, you'd be in a better position.  Of course one question is, is this even possible to do this, or are the demographics to complicated to pull this off.
rob in cal
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 11:02:38 AM »

Spent a little time on phillyelections.com and found some fascinating stats from the bluest sections of Philadelphia.  Ward 10 gave Sestak 9802 votes and Toomey, wait for it, 107 votes, Onorato 9660, Corbett 157.  Ward 10 precinct 7  was 321-1, 320-1, and a clean sweep of 320-0 for Chakkah Fattah.  The biggest total shutout  for Sen and Gov races was ward
11 precinct 7, 245-0 for Sestak, and 242-0 for Onorato.   
I wonder where the biggest (with over, say, 50 votes) precinct for the GOP in the US was?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies