PRE-ELECTION CHATTER THREAD (SENATE/HOUSE RACES) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:56:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PRE-ELECTION CHATTER THREAD (SENATE/HOUSE RACES) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PRE-ELECTION CHATTER THREAD (SENATE/HOUSE RACES)  (Read 18913 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: November 01, 2010, 01:55:07 PM »
« edited: November 01, 2010, 04:50:21 PM by Sam Spade »

Post pre-election chatter and other stuff here.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 04:12:34 PM »

I'm locking the threads until elections start and will be creating a big pre-election thread soon.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 04:25:49 PM »

If you have complaints - please post them here.   Smiley  We're listening, though there's nothing that says we're going to change things...  Tongue
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 04:47:25 PM »

BTW, when will you be unlocking the other threads?

When the first state in the list closes.  Will list times and post links to results in first post later this evening.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 08:41:51 PM »

Sam-

Just for clarification, does this thread cover any and all "chatter" that takes place before 6pm on Tuesday?  Specifically, I've sometimes done a "turnout reports, voting problems, and last minute dirty tricks" thread, like this one:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=69787.0

I'd planned on doing that again for this election, but if that sort of thing is meant to be included in this thread, that's fine.  I guess the question is, when you say "pre-election", do you mean that to include stuff happening *during* the election Tuesday during the day?

Also, after 5pm Eastern tomorrow, we'll start to get news stories from the media on the exit polls, along the lines of "48% of people nationwide who think the economy is getting worse and have blue hair voted for so-and-so", not really specific to any particular race, just national exit poll stuff.  Plus there may be exit poll leaks at sites like Drudge.  Should all of that be posted here, or should there be a separate thread for exit polls?

Yes, that type of stuff should precisely be in this thread.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 11:45:33 AM »

Rendell and Casey are walking around and telling random black people in Philly to vote, apparently.

http://blogs.mcall.com/penn_ave/2010/11/rendell-to-philly-voters-gop-trying-to-screw-the-president.html

The bit at the end about people seeming to be more firmly behind Sestak than Onorato is interesting (not exactly surprising though).

You mean that Onorato sounds like the type of guy who might lock them up in jail if they stray too far from their area?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 12:20:30 PM »

In case you've missed it on the Governor board, I've decided to cut the threads down to 5 and for this board only, create a National House Thread, since enough requests have been made.

That doesn't mean you can't discuss House races in other threads, but there was a strong enough push for a national thread that I agreed to it.

Note that I agreed to it and Joe hasn't because he hasn't been around today, but if he disagrees I'm sure he'll let me know.  Smiley  Also, it's 1:00 PM EDT, and since polls start closing in 5 hours, I want to have things up and going before then.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 04:46:52 PM »

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/02/light-turnout-in-nevada/

Turnout very light in Nevada so far.

Also, heard on twitter that turnout in University of Michigan is light, moderate turnout in Ann Arbor.

Of course turnout is light in NV, they all voted early.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 08:55:18 AM »

Just to give credit where credit is due for shortly after the last election:

Sam predicted Armageddon for southern white Democrats, and Johnny Longtorso predicted that 1994 was just around the corner.

It was really not that hard to see once incumbents in vulnerable districts started retiring left and right.

Yep.  What really annoys me prediction-wise this election is that I could have gotten most every House election right if I had looked at some of the data I had in front of my own face.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies