Two More Months! The January 2011 Cathcon for Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:58:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Two More Months! The January 2011 Cathcon for Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Two More Months! The January 2011 Cathcon for Assembly Thread  (Read 5230 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:59:11 PM »
« edited: January 12, 2011, 08:42:41 PM by Cathcon »

This will be my campaign thread for MidEast Assembly. I'll use it to give speeches, hold town halls, and field questions.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 07:05:58 PM »

2010? You'll have to indicate the month. Wink

(like most races in Atlasia, there are several Mideast assembly elections per year)

Good luck Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 07:09:51 PM »

I'm pleased to endorse you. Smiley We must invest in our future if we aim to be successful.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 07:11:42 PM »

Endorsed.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 07:27:55 PM »

I thank you all for your endorsements and good luck. By the way, the month is November. Wink
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 07:48:35 PM »

Endorsed. Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 07:50:26 PM »

So this is your Campgin thread?  Where is your Camprum thread, or your Campvodka thread?

(Okay sorry, I'm being a smartass.)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 07:53:50 PM »

Endorsed
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 07:57:33 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2010, 07:45:24 PM by Cathcon »

By the way, is there a way to change the title of a thread in case you spelled the title wrong?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 07:59:29 PM »

By the way, is there a way to change the title of a thread in case you spealled the title wrong?

Edit the very first post's title.

And good luck in your campgin/campaign Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 08:07:09 PM »

I gotta get me one of those.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 09:42:54 PM »

What are your ideological views?
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 11:07:59 PM »

Have an endorsement from the Southeast. Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 05:21:18 AM »

Seconded. I would like to know where you stand on social and economic issues.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 02:59:32 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2010, 04:21:32 PM by Cathcon »

Cathcon Official Summarized Platform

Basic Socio/Economic Positions:
1) I Believe that tax cuts spur economic growth
2) I believe in the right of unions to exist in order to act as a counterweight to coporations
3) I believe that both union and corporate reform is needed
4) I believe that the government needs to stop funding public radio. If not enough people care about the station or program to keep it alive, then it must not mean that much
5) I believe that it is not the government's responsibility to fund art projects for people that can't find sponosors or fund themselves
6) I believe in the right of the unborn to live, and that one's life chouldn't be decided on whether one is wanted by one's parents or not
7) I believe that gay marriage should go to the regions for voting
8 ) I believe laws on drug use should go to the regions for voting

Other ideological views shall be written here after I've talked with people more familiar with Atlasia, who know what issues are important to voters.

If anyone that has endorsed thus far that has found that they don't agree with me on the issues above, they may withdraw their endorsement.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 07:47:42 PM »

By the way, I'm a member of the Regional Protection Party.
The Artist Formerly Known As and Now Again Known As Ogis
agooji

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 08:23:59 PM »

As one of your opponents, I humbly wish you good luck, Cathcon.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 08:47:55 PM »

I accept your wish of good luck and humbly wish you good luck in return.

(By the way, about your signature, it's from a 1932 Timeline, not a 1934 timeline)
The Artist Formerly Known As and Now Again Known As Ogis
agooji

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »

I accept your wish of good luck and humbly wish you good luck in return.

(By the way, about your signature, it's from a 1932 Timeline, not a 1934 timeline)

Thank you.

(Yes, I was very unclear. The event in my sig is from a timeline originating in 1932, although the event itself hypothetically occurs in 1934. Good catch.)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 09:36:54 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2010, 07:39:35 PM by Cathcon »

In response to Ogis' campaign speech...

My fellow Atlasians. This October, the Regional Protection Party was beaten. Some even threatened to quit Atalsia, they were so offended by recent results. In this time of party collapse and political turmoil, it is time for the voice of someone outside the mainstream politics. It is time for someone who holds clear beliefs, but is also willing to work with all sides of the aisle to find solutions to Atlasian problems. I believe I am that candidate, who can cut through the noise, who can stand up for both Atlasian and Regional sovereignty. That is why I am running. Unlike some of my opponents, I have not worked in the Assembly before, and have only had some conversations with elected officials of Atlasia. However, I believe I can bring to the job inegrity, values, determination, and good clean common sense. As an Assemblyman, I will champion education, blue collar workers, small businesses, and family values. That is why I am running.

-MidEast Assembly Candidate Cathcon (RPP-MI) on the stump in his home town
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 02:38:52 PM »

2) I believe in the right of unions to exist in order to act as a counterweight to coporations
4) I believe that the government needs to stop funding public radio. If not enough people care about the station or program to keep it alive, then it must not mean that much
5) I believe that it is not the government's responsibility to fund art projects for people that can't find sponosors or fund themselves
6) I believe in the right of the unborn to live, and that one's life chouldn't be decided on whether one is wanted by one's parents or not

Other ideological views shall be written here after I've talked with people more familiar with Atlasia, who know what issues are important to voters.

If anyone that has endorsed thus far that has found that they don't agree with me on the issues above, they may withdraw their endorsement.

Kudos on providing a platform, Cathcon. Many candidates don't. Can I please pose a few questions on yours?

3) Can you be more specific in what kind of reform is necessary for corporations and unions? Any ideas for legislation you might propose or support in this area?

4 & 5) You do realize that the VAST majority of public radio, tv and artistic programs receiving government funds (a minuscule portion of the federal and regional budgets) are already mostly supported by private donations and sponsorships? Still, that contribution in federal and state dollars is crucial to making the difference between such endeavors existing or not. My wife works for an art center with facilities on both sides of the Indiana-Ohio border serving the rural small town communities there. Deep, deep state budget cuts have already caused cutbacks in staff and hiring local artists to teach classes, adding to an already bad unemployment situation. I saw my wife for the first time last night all week as she ceaselessly lobbies and cajoles local community and business groups for support, but still struggles against the same economic downturn limiting private sponsorship.

With that guilt-ridden diatribe in mind Grin, would you still support further cuts to the already minuscule regional funding for the arts and public broadcasting?

6) Does this mean you would support something like this in the Assembly despite having recently been overwhelmingly rejected by the voters of this region?

7 & 8 Regionalism on these issues is all fine and good (in Atlasia at least), but as you are running for a regional office, how would you vote on these issues in the Assembly?

Thanks for your attention, and sorry for the diatribe re: #5. With Kasich's election our family's worried whether the art center my wife started in our little town, or even her job with the organization, will survive. Sad
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 02:51:13 PM »

Thanks for your attention, and sorry for the diatribe re: #5. With Kasich's election our family's worried whether the art center my wife started in our little town, or even her job with the organization, will survive. Sad

You can't say that! Kasich doesn't exist isn't an Atlasian. Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »

You can't say that! Kasich doesn't exist isn't an Atlasian. Tongue

Hooray! I'll tell the missus! Cheesy
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 04:35:07 PM »

2) I believe in the right of unions to exist in order to act as a counterweight to corporations
5) I believe that it is not the government's responsibility to fund art projects for people that can't find sponsors or fund themselves
6) I believe in the right of the unborn to live, and that one's life shouldn't be decided on whether one is wanted by one's parents or not

Kudos on providing a platform, Cathcon. Many candidates don't. Can I please pose a few questions on yours?

3) Can you be more specific in what kind of reform is necessary for corporations and unions? Any ideas for legislation you might propose or support in this area?

4 & 5) You do realize that the VAST majority of public radio, tv and artistic programs receiving government funds (a minuscule portion of the federal and regional budgets) are already mostly supported by private donations and sponsorships? Still, that contribution in federal and state dollars is crucial to making the difference between such endeavors existing or not. My wife works for an art center with facilities on both sides of the Indiana-Ohio border serving the rural small town communities there. Deep, deep state budget cuts have already caused cutbacks in staff and hiring local artists to teach classes, adding to an already bad unemployment situation. I saw my wife for the first time last night all week as she ceaselessly lobbies and cajoles local community and business groups for support, but still struggles against the same economic downturn limiting private sponsorship.

With that guilt-ridden diatribe in mind Grin, would you still support further cuts to the already minuscule regional funding for the arts and public broadcasting?

6) Does this mean you would support something like this in the Assembly despite having recently been overwhelmingly rejected by the voters of this region?

7 & 8 Regionalism on these issues is all fine and good (in Atlasia at least), but as you are running for a regional office, how would you vote on these issues in the Assembly?

3) I do not yet have specific policies in mind, except the following: Stop unions from forcing employees of a certain industry to join. As a relative of a Pontiac teacher, the union there forces her to join and get the benefits, or to pay the dues and not get the benefits. I would also work to get corruption out of both unions and corporations.

As for corporations, I am referring to the recent economic crisis, and the reform that would stop investors from being swindled, and to not put the Atlasian economy at the risk of a few bankers

4 & 5) Given new light you shed on the subject, I would keep current levels of funding until the stations, art workshops, etc. presented alternatives to government funding (foundations, corporations, sponsors, community).

6) I would still support the bill. I believe sincerely in the right to life, and if that means I lose election, then that means I lose election.

7 & 8; I would vote for gay marriage on a regional level to be struck down. As for drug use, I'm more on the fence, however my default position would be to also not vote for it on a regional level.

I hope I answered your questions, though I will work for more specific poly positions on #3.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 05:06:54 PM »

Restoring unions to what they were intended to be is something I would support. I assume you approve of Right to Work States then? Giving employees the option of joining unions or not joining unions.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies