The Ogis Multi-Purpose Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:28:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Ogis Multi-Purpose Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Ogis Multi-Purpose Thread  (Read 5231 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 08:17:30 PM »

Nope. You've answered them all, unless Ben has some rebuttle to this?

No rebuttal - I wasn't aware this was a debate.  What I did was wrong, but I will not be embracing Ogis anytime soon (unless we both win, when I will embrace him as a colleague).
The Artist Formerly Known As and Now Again Known As Ogis
agooji

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 08:21:08 PM »

I don't think I said anything that Ben would really want to refute.

No rebuttal - I wasn't aware this was a debate.  What I did was wrong, but I will not be embracing Ogis anytime soon (unless we both win, when I will embrace him as a colleague).

Glad to hear it.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 01:19:27 PM »

I was just seeing if anything was left out or if you had a different story. I wasn't not really here for this.
agooji

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 07:34:33 PM »

I would like to voice my pleasure and commend the current Assembly for implementing their new system. The multiple-thread system is sure to make the MA more accessible.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 07:36:21 PM »

I would like to voice my pleasure and commend the current Assembly for implementing their new system. The multiple-thread system is sure to make the MA more accessible.

I agree
agooji

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 09:56:44 PM »

I agree

I'm actually a big fan of the work you've done in the Assembly, Junkie, and I really hope it continues.
agooji

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 01:07:00 AM »

The polls are open and I urge all members of the Mideast to vote.
agooji

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 11:00:05 PM »

Thank you to every active Mideast citizen for coming out to vote. Although the results of this election weren't perfect from a personal standpoint, I couldn't have expected anything better. I wish all the elected Representatives good luck in their future endeavors in the Mideast Assembly.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 08:41:04 AM »

Regardless of anything in your past, O, you've been an undeniable class act in this campaign.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 09:05:44 PM »

Yea, you did run a great campaign and this is how you should operate in the future. Once the stigma wears off, you will become more competative. It will take time and patience, however.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 10:25:47 PM »

Thank you for your run, hope to see you active
agooji

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 02:55:28 AM »

Regardless of anything in your past, O, you've been an undeniable class act in this campaign.
Yea, you did run a great campaign and this is how you should operate in the future. Once the stigma wears off, you will become more competative. It will take time and patience, however.

I thank all of you for your support. I do intend to run again for public office, but likely not for any large position. I do hope that the stigma eventually runs off in the rain of a few Atlasian generations, but one cannot only hope, one must do. Thus, I am going to attempt to regain the trust of Atlasia through mature debate and activity, transcending any previous infractions or societal transgressions.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 12:06:36 PM »

You did a good job running. Good luck to whatever you intend to do later on in Atlasia.
agooji

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2010, 01:33:55 AM »

You did a good job running. Good luck to whatever you intend to do later on in Atlasia.

Thank you. I really appreciate it.
agooji

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 11:19:16 PM »

Hello everyone. I have made it official that I will be running for a position in the Mideast Assembly. I have previously stated that the Mideast Assembly is an example for which other regions should reach for, in activity, organization, quality of debate, and, most importantly, quality of legislation. In this upcoming election cycle, many candidates of the Mideast Assembly are running for other offices within Atlasia, using the fantastic experience that this regional legislature provides due to its layout and the well-informed debate which can rival, and sometimes surpass, that of the national level. I would like the Mideastern voting public to give me a chance to be bestowed upon the honor of joining such a respectable institution.

My ideals can be found in this thread, but if you would like me to rehash them, or have any other questions, please feel free to ask. 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 11:22:41 PM »

You know, I'm going to endorse you. I believe the Assembly's primary role in the game is to give new members a chance to grow. While you're not a new member, and you don't have a perfect past, I think you've done a lot of things in the past couple of months to prove you are serious about the game, and truly want to get involved. We need motivated people like you in the Assembly.

While it may not be a first preference, you'll have a very high preference from me. Smiley
agooji

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 11:26:13 PM »

You know, I'm going to endorse you. I believe the Assembly's primary role in the game is to give new members a chance to grow. While you're not a new member, and you don't have a perfect past, I think you've done a lot of things in the past couple of months to prove you are serious about the game, and truly want to get involved. We need motivated people like you in the Assembly.

While it may not be a first preference, you'll have a very high preference from me. Smiley

Thank you Governor. I really appreciate it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2011, 11:31:33 PM »

Endorsed!
agooji

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2011, 11:32:19 PM »

Thank you. Your ongoing support has been refreshing.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2011, 11:35:55 PM »

I can only wish you best of luck at the moment Smiley I'm going to refrain from early endorsements so I don't end up endorsing too many people at once again Tongue
agooji

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2011, 11:37:09 PM »

I can only wish you best of luck at the moment Smiley I'm going to refrain from early endorsements so I don't end up endorsing too many people at once again Tongue

Sounds like a plan Wink I hope I can eventually convince you through my campaign to start doling them out.
agooji

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 01:52:52 AM »

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 05:54:37 PM »

Are you in favor or opposed to term limits for the Assembly?

Also, are you in support of A-Bob's energy platform? Cheesy
agooji

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2011, 11:48:40 PM »

Are you in favor or opposed to term limits for the Assembly?

Also, are you in support of A-Bob's energy platform? Cheesy

I am against term limits in the Assembly because, as a general rule, the Mideast Assembly is used as a gateway to higher positions. Thus, there is no real need to (a) provide incentives for activity, because the MA is often used as a proving ground for those who have higher aspirations, or (b) require incumbents to leave, because there is such a high turnover in the Assembly that the really good officials that are likely to continually be reelected end up ascending to higher positions in Atlasia regardless.

I concur that reducing Atlasian dependence on foreign oil should be a major goal of the country and the regions. However, I disagree with the implication that money sent to the Middle East to satiate our oil needs is directly tied in with terrorism. My reasoning for reduced dependence is rooted in the economy, as I would rather Atlasian industries reap the profits of our insatiable energy thirst than the Middle East. In that vein, I support a system which provides government incentives for private companies which sell services pertaining to renewable energy.

Specifically, I am lukewarm on nuclear power, as I am wary of the inherent risks. However, if we regulate the industry heavily and take preventive measures to avoid catastrophes, I see no reason why the Mideast should not utilize a large-scale local energy source that is available to us. However, I think it is more important that we focus on renewable energy, and our long term goal should be to completely cut dependence, if not use, of nonrenewable energy, including clean coal, nuclear, and fossil fuels. 
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2011, 11:53:23 PM »

While hopefully we can maximize our usage of alternative fuels, it only provides for 7% of our current national energy resources Sad and 6% is hydroelectric.

And I'm not just talking about countries giving money to terrorists or harboring them, but countries with civil rights that are not acceptable like Saudi Arabia, but we continue to be parterns with them because we don't dig in our own yards Sad (to clear things up).

The only thing is to make sure to have a balance of nuclear energy regulation, few have been made in the last few decades, Bush reversed that trend luckily and it's now starting to show, but I do agree we must be very careful, however this country and region surely harbors the abilities to do it Cheesy

And I'm with you on term limits btw
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies