The Ogis Multi-Purpose Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:36:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Ogis Multi-Purpose Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Ogis Multi-Purpose Thread  (Read 5193 times)
The Artist Formerly Known As and Now Again Known As Ogis
agooji

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2011, 12:07:58 AM »

While hopefully we can maximize our usage of alternative fuels, it only provides for 7% of our current national energy resources Sad and 6% is hydroelectric.

And I'm not just talking about countries giving money to terrorists or harboring them, but countries with civil rights that are not acceptable like Saudi Arabia, but we continue to be parterns with them because we don't dig in our own yards Sad (to clear things up).

The only thing is to make sure to have a balance of nuclear energy regulation, few have been made in the last few decades, Bush reversed that trend luckily and it's now starting to show, but I do agree we must be very careful, however this country and region surely harbors the abilities to do it Cheesy

And I'm with you on term limits btw

Yes, it is certainly a long road ahead, but it is certainly up to us to get this ball rolling quite a bit faster.

As for Saudi Arabia and other nations which provide us oil, I am certainly aware and worried about the civil liberties which are being infringed upon. Purely talking about energy, however, the most important issue with buying oil from foreign countries is the impact on our trade deficit and the domestic economy. Holistically, there are certainly issues with some of the countries we are dealing with, in regard to social injustice, but I do not think that should color our energy legislation as much as the inherent economic impetus of an import-based energy industry.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2011, 12:02:37 PM »

Ogis, I think you made some excellent points in your last campaign in this post esp "Holistic Atlasian Policy" and "Mideast Reform"  Do you think these concerns have been adequately addressed, or is there more we can do?
agooji

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2011, 06:43:49 PM »

Ogis, I think you made some excellent points in your last campaign in this post esp "Holistic Atlasian Policy" and "Mideast Reform"  Do you think these concerns have been adequately addressed, or is there more we can do?

I feel like the Mideast Assembly has done a fantastic job making itself more accessible, in the sense that it is well organized and easy to follow. The assembly might be a little more visible if the Regional Government board was in the Elections area, but that's not something that the Assembly can really do anything about. Either way, I'm really happy with how the MA has organized itself into the most active legislative body in Atlasia.

Holistically, I still think Atlasia has a long way to go before we really start seeing new faces in different positions. Right now, it is very difficult to breach the power structure of the nation, and it will still take a while to fix it. At the same time, those fixes need to come from a national level. There is not much we can do at a regional level except be welcoming of newcomers and encourage relatively unknown posters to run for Assembly.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2011, 10:33:58 PM »

Thanks for your response. I think you are correct about the improvements that have been made, though it's possible there's more we can do. I hope to get the chance to work with you in the Assembly.
agooji

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2011, 02:48:16 AM »

Thanks for your response. I think you are correct about the improvements that have been made, though it's possible there's more we can do. I hope to get the chance to work with you in the Assembly.

I hope I will be so honored as well.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2011, 06:41:07 PM »

What specific cuts would you make in the budget and/or tax increases to make up for our projected budget shortfall?
agooji

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2011, 07:21:10 PM »

What specific cuts would you make in the budget and/or tax increases to make up for our projected budget shortfall?

Specifically, I would like to:

Reduce the corporate tax breaks, and assign "other tax breaks" on an as needed basis. We should also increase the restrictions on the distributions of tax free bonds.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

We should increase out excise taxes on all alcohol and tobacco products:

More importantly, I would like to increase the income tax rate for the affluent, making more high income tax brackets.

Finally, I will push for more corporate tax reform.

I would like to go even higher on the tax rates, but first I want to see the reaction of my (perhaps) future colleagues in the Assembly.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »

Cross-regional endorsement.
agooji

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2011, 07:52:35 PM »

Thank you. I appreciate it.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »

Sorry for the confusion, there are too income tax plans, the one you posted we're not going with (I created it to save work for Badger which actually increased his work) the other one is more progressive.

And heads up to all, we are not having any tax credits. So the entire $163 billion will be cut
agooji

« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2011, 09:40:09 PM »

Sorry for the confusion, there are too income tax plans, the one you posted we're not going with (I created it to save work for Badger which actually increased his work) the other one is more progressive.

And heads up to all, we are not having any tax credits. So the entire $163 billion will be cut

Thank goodness for that. Either way, the plan I outlined above is still a fairly good representation of my views. Hopefully, I can still work on raising the alcohol and tobacco excise taxes if I get elected, or as a Mideast citizen if not.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2011, 09:41:02 PM »

Thank goodness for that. Either way, the plan I outlined above is still a fairly good representation of my views. Hopefully, I can still work on raising the alcohol and tobacco excise taxes if I get elected, or as a Mideast citizen if not.

I'd be very much open to that, especially if we need to close a budget gap (within reasonable boundaries)
agooji

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2011, 09:44:14 PM »

I'd be very much open to that, especially if we need to close a budget gap (within reasonable boundaries)

Yes, we absolutely need to do something to alleviate this budget crisis.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2011, 10:33:32 PM »

Endorsed!
agooji

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2011, 11:28:46 PM »

Thanks a bunch!
agooji

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2011, 06:50:06 PM »

The polls are open and it's time to get out there and vote!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2011, 01:54:05 AM »

A quick clarification: IF you guys want to modify the tax breaks you can. Don't worry, I'll deal with the extra workload. Wink
agooji

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2011, 12:56:05 AM »

Thank you to everyone who came out and voted. I would like to thank all of our candidates for engaging in a pleasant race.  As we all know, contested races always lead to better legislation and a better government, since every assemblymember has his or her job on the line. With that attitude, I will take office. I have been given a second chance by Atlasia, and every day I spend as a Mideast Assemblyman will be a proving ground upon which I will answer the question: Was I worth your forgiveness? Every day, I will strive to make sure that answer is a resounding YES.

Once again, I would like to thank and congratulate my fellow candidates on this competitive elections, and I would like to thank the people of the Mideast for giving me this chance.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2011, 06:34:42 PM »

Congrats
agooji

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2011, 06:37:02 PM »

Thank you and congratulations to you for your victory, also.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2011, 09:38:57 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2011, 09:43:54 PM »

Sorry for being late... Congratulations. You deserved this Smiley
agooji

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2011, 06:28:33 PM »

Sorry for being late... Congratulations. You deserved this Smiley

Thank you. I appreciate your support and your help! Cheesy
agooji

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2011, 09:02:39 PM »

To avoid cluttering the front page with new threads, this will now be my office. Feel free to ask any questions or comment on any legislation!
agooji

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2011, 08:04:19 PM »

Hello all!

I would like to take this moment to announce that I am re-entering the fray as a candidate for Vice President on Ben's ticket. I am saddened to see Marokai and Purple State leave, and I hope that they will return one day. Meanwhile, those of us who are still part of Atlasia must make it a better place to which they can return. Bouts of inactivity and complacence, along with petty partisan bickering, have left Atlasia as a mere shadow of what it once was. The prospective Ben/Ogis administration champions a shift to a new Atlasia, free of the aforementioned thorns in our side.

I would also like to say that as a member of the UDL, I will respect their endorsement choice, whatever it may be. We are a representation of the United Left, and we cannot let a small short-term dispute tear our party apart in the long run.

Thank you for listening.

Ogis
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies