Did you like the outcome of yesterday's elections?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:43:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Did you like the outcome of yesterday's elections?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes (D)

Yes (R)

Yes (O)

No (D)

No (R)

No (O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Did you like the outcome of yesterday's elections?  (Read 2497 times)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2010, 08:02:08 AM »

And, regardless of your opinion of the election in general, what were your favorite/least favorite specific results?

For me, the worst results would probably be MA and RI governors, and LA senate.

WillK

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 08:24:33 AM »

MA governor is one of the best results of the night.

And, regardless of your opinion of the election in general, what were your favorite/least favorite specific results?

For me, the worst results would probably be MA and RI governors, and LA senate.

fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 09:22:51 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2010, 11:06:46 AM by Michael Vick »

Lots of disappointments, but lots of bright spots as well.  All in all it was a pretty boring night of results.  I couldn't get excited for most of the winners and a lot of the losers didn't deserve to lose.  I am actually excited about Runyan in NJ, Martinez in NM, Haley in SC, and Hickenlooper in CO.  Most disappointing is Johnson in WI, Chafee in RI, Scott in FL, and Perlmutter in CO.  Oh yeah, and the weed thing sucks in CA...
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 10:45:38 AM »

No though it could be worse. Senate wasn't as bad as I hoped, House doesn't bother me too much since most of the lost Reps were useless and the GOP-controlled House will piss people off. What upsets me most is the legislature in my state. Dayton has probably won but we have to sit through another recount. Not as close as last time so it won't get to that debacle but still.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 11:03:51 AM »

I liked McMillian getting 1%.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 06:29:21 PM »

Hell no.

Sharron Angle in Nevada was obviously the worst loss of the night, but I'm still holding out hope that Murkowski's write-ins will fall short of Joe Miller's share of the vote in Alaska.

While I wasn't surprised by the outcome, it was still upsetting to see Joe DioGuardi go down by such a large margin to the totally worthless brainless Gillibrand.

Shumlin winning in Vermont and Lynch in New Hampshire were both disappointments as well.

My local House race in NY-13 was bittersweet. I wanted to see Mike McMahon lose, but I didn't want to see Michael Grimm win.

Kentucky was pretty much the only bright spot of the night for me. I hope Rand Paul will return to the libertarian values he used to espouse before this campaign. Maybe Maine too, with Paul LePage apparently having won in the end. Quite funny having a tea party candidate get elected governor in New England. Hopefully that will provide impetus to take out Snowe in the near future.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 06:37:05 PM »

Hell no.

Sharron Angle in Nevada was obviously the worst loss of the night, but I'm still holding out hope that Murkowski's write-ins will fall short of Joe Miller's share of the vote in Alaska.

While I wasn't surprised by the outcome, it was still upsetting to see Joe DioGuardi go down by such a large margin to the totally worthless brainless Gillibrand.

Shumlin winning in Vermont and Lynch in New Hampshire were both disappointments as well.

My local House race in NY-13 was bittersweet. I wanted to see Mike McMahon lose, but I didn't want to see Michael Grimm win.

I'm not sure why you have such a love affair for Iraq cheerleader Angle.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 06:47:53 PM »

Hell no.

He's a neocon-in-denial.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 06:51:50 PM »

Hell no.

Er, Angle quite famously refused to even give a position on Iraq and Afghanistan.

Harry Reid voted for the Iraq war and the PATRIOT Act and is bad on just about every other issue too...
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 06:57:41 PM »

"When you said this war is lost and said that Gen. Petraeus was dishonest, that emboldened our enemies, demoralized our troops and endangered them, and you need to apologize to them, Senator"
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 07:06:15 PM »

I'm satisfied, could've been better, could've been worse. House exceeded my expectations; Senate did not. California as a bit of a let down with Prop 19 failing, as well as Cooley most likely not being elected Attorney General. And with Harmer probably losing as well, too. But in all, I am comfortable.

It's been a fun ride, folks. Let's see where it goes from here.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 07:10:51 PM »

Hell no.

He's a neocon-in-denial.

Says the guy whose endorsement map includes Iraq war supporters like Harry Reid, Jack Conway, Charlie Melancon.

"When you said this war is lost and said that Gen. Petraeus was dishonest, that emboldened our enemies, demoralized our troops and endangered them, and you need to apologize to them, Senator"

C'mon, that hardly makes her an "Iraq cheerleader". It's not even stating a policy position; it's just typical politics. Even many of the most anti-war voters out there are still big on "support the troops" cheerleading.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 07:20:26 PM »

Hell no.

He's a neocon-in-denial.

Says the guy whose endorsement map includes Iraq war supporters like Harry Reid, Jack Conway, Charlie Melancon.

Says the guy who would have voted for Barry Goldwater in 1964.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 07:33:45 PM »

I think this is probably the best result that could have happened. Democrats get a loud and clear message. Republicans have a resurgence, but they don't control the Senate and thus will have no choice but to compromise for both political and practical reasons.

Reid winning was very interesting. I really wasn't too disappointed by that, though I thought I would. I'm disappointed that Boxer won and that Frazier lost.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 07:42:26 PM »

Terrible results with a few silver linings.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 07:43:09 PM »

Most devastating are probably MA-Gov, MA auditor (because that was out of nowhere), MA-04 (even though I expected that), CO Sen, WV Sen, AK Sen, and NV Sen (that one is partially because I had a bet riding on it).

Overall people tended to vote for whomever was the most fascistic candidate in their state/district.*  Sieg heil, this country is going to the dumps.  This is probably the worst I've felt after any election, although I can't directly compare it to 2004.

*Libertas-speak
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 07:51:06 PM »

One thing about this election is that I was making a lot of excuses for the GOP because of all the good paleocons they ran for Senate.  And then all lost except for Paul and Lee.  Now I'm reminded of just how much I hate, despise, loathe the Republican Party with every fiber of my being.  They are awful creepy human slime who should all have lost too.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 08:24:14 PM »

Disregarding Wormyguy's above (and incredibly inaccurate) comment, I was disappointed by my local House race, where the one term Democratic incumbent beat out the Republican nominee 51-49.
WillK

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 09:23:53 PM »

... Republicans have a resurgence, but they don't control the Senate and thus will have no choice but to compromise for both political and practical reasons.

Umm, these are the House Republicans we are talking about so I have no idea why you think the result indicates they will compromise on anything.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 09:55:56 PM »

One thing about this election is that I was making a lot of excuses for the GOP because of all the good paleocons they ran for Senate.  And then all lost except for Paul and Lee.  Now I'm reminded of just how much I hate, despise, loathe the Republican Party with every fiber of my being.  They are awful creepy human slime who should all have lost too.

Lee a paleocon? I hope you're not talking about Mike Lee, the guy whose website justifies "military action" against Iran to secure Israel.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 09:57:53 PM »

Lee had some good things to say about Afghanistan in the debates, and he was endorsed by Ron Paul, so I'm optimistic about him.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 10:08:38 PM »

... Republicans have a resurgence, but they don't control the Senate and thus will have no choice but to compromise for both political and practical reasons.

Umm, these are the House Republicans we are talking about so I have no idea why you think the result indicates they will compromise on anything.

Because they have no choice, and it is in their best interest politically.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 10:18:08 PM »

Prop G passed. I was disappointed by a lot of the other results, but that alone makes the night worth it for me. Smiley
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 10:46:34 PM »

No.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 10:54:26 PM »

No (O)

Of course, could've been worse, but doesn't mean I like it.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies