2014 Colorado Senate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:30:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2014 Colorado Senate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2014 Colorado Senate  (Read 3466 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 03, 2010, 04:38:36 PM »

Yes...very early.

Still, after Frazier's party last night, but idea for him to run for Senate against Udall in 2014 was seen as of course welcomed, and also extremely possible. I give Frazier a 96% chance he WON'T run for Congress again. Probably Sias (runner up in the primary) will run and get slaughtered (but not as bad as Lerew in 08).

What's your thinking on the race?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:29:44 PM »

Isn't Udall very personally popular? And Bennett winning really makes me think that Colorado is destined to become less of a swingstate and more of a Dem-leaning state as time goes on.

the problem here was Ken Buck was hammered with abortion (even when nobody originially cared) and the exit polls showed a 14% gap for woman.

Plus our current leadership completly sucks, I can't think of anyone worse
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 12:13:18 PM »

Bennet's win in a Republican year is no more evidence that Colorado is Dem-leaning than Robb's win in Virginia was in 1994. Also consider that Gary Hart narrowly won a second term in Colorado in 1980, and no-one would have called Colorado a Dem-leaning or even a swing state then.

Udall should still be the favourite in a neutral or moderately pro-GOP year, however, if Obama is re-elected it'll be a second midterm, historically bad (though I'm not sure if the first one being bad makes the second being bad less likely).

Bennett is nowhere near the seasoned or charismatic politician Hart and Robb were. That's what makes his win even more extraordinary.

it isn't extrodinary. Bennet was just the anti-Buck vote truly.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 01:37:58 PM »

Bennett got lucky that Buck was his opponent.  If Jane Norton had won, Bennett would be back on the school board.  Republicans know how to screw up sure things though.  Right, Delaware?

norton would have lost be a much larger margin. Jane Norton is no where near Mike Castle. Mike Castle is a smart man with a proven record. Jane Norton is literally a lunatic if you've ever talked to her and by far the worst puppet I've ever seen.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 12:08:58 AM »

Bennett got lucky that Buck was his opponent.  If Jane Norton had won, Bennett would be back on the school board.  Republicans know how to screw up sure things though.  Right, Delaware?

norton would have lost be a much larger margin. Jane Norton is no where near Mike Castle. Mike Castle is a smart man with a proven record. Jane Norton is literally a lunatic if you've ever talked to her and by far the worst puppet I've ever seen.

Define what you mean by "lunatic"?

All Norton had to do was avoid a gaffe, run the generic conservative line that worked so well this year and organize effectively in the key swing counties, and she likely would have won. In my experience, puppets make good candidates depending on the situation. Tongue

Buck lost because of woman and indies and its largely because they wrapped his controversial positions/statements around his neck then had a very effective October surprise to ram it home. At that point all Bennet needed was a strong GOTV in Denver, and Boulder, to win. Norton could have won, that doesn't mean she would have in any sort of guarranteed fashion. We know Buck didn't. I realize that many of those in CO on this forum didn't like Norton and Buck had universal support because of it on here, but in my opinion that primary backing now clouds the judgement of Norton's potential, no offense to any of those who question it. I find it pretty hard to see any Republican doing worse then Buck this year unless they had a worse scandal or were named either Tom Tancredo or Dan Maes.

I literally wonder if she has a brain. She has no clue what is going on. That is extremely dangerous to put someone like that in the Senate. I have friends who had to work with her a while back and know her personally. She even kept word for word the health care part of her stump from the 90s written by another (minus ObamaCare and all). When she talks, you can see her eyes looking up and reading the lines of a memorized policy speech. She couldn't even answer the question of who her favorite president was because she didn't have it memorized and when asked what committee she would like to be on she said whatever committee the people of colorado want me to be on. She has no actual independent thinking.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies