Could Rudy Giuliani be the Tea Party candidate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:40:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Could Rudy Giuliani be the Tea Party candidate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could Rudy Giuliani be the Tea Party candidate?  (Read 2416 times)
hotpprs
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: 3.83

« on: November 04, 2010, 02:21:48 PM »

No, because there won't be a Tea Party.  Party was fun while it lasted, too bad it didn't last through election day.

What do you base this off of? There's no reason to believe that the Tea Party is finished.

It's just wishful thinking. People who don't want the Tea Party around, figure if they say it enough, it will come true.
For the Tea Party to "go away" at this point, all the Tea Party candidates that just won would have to stop talking about the Tea Party, and Sarah Palin would just have to stop being on the news all the time. It may be a fad, and go away years from now, but it will definitely be a factor for 2012.

I like Giuliani as a politician, but I don't think he is popular enough with women voters, so I don't think any Tea Party support from him will rejuvenate his chances to be on the 2012 ticket.
Maybe he'll be in line for a cabinet position as a reward for all his GOP campaigning, but that's about it. He didn't have very good results in 2008 and I don't see what would change that in 2012.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies