Could Rudy Giuliani be the Tea Party candidate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:13:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Could Rudy Giuliani be the Tea Party candidate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could Rudy Giuliani be the Tea Party candidate?  (Read 2412 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« on: November 03, 2010, 07:33:48 PM »

No. They don't know the meaning of "libertarian".
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 08:09:50 PM »

No, because there won't be a Tea Party.  Party was fun while it lasted, too bad it didn't last through election day.

What do you base this off of? There's no reason to believe that the Tea Party is finished.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 08:24:38 PM »

No, because there won't be a Tea Party.  Party was fun while it lasted, too bad it didn't last through election day.

What do you base this off of? There's no reason to believe that the Tea Party is finished.

Sharron Angle, Ken Buck, Joe Miller, Christine O'Donnell (to a lesser extent).

Establishment creepazoids overperformed, especially that arch-fascist Marco Rubio, [real] tea partiers were destroyed or way underperformed.  A few snuck in under the radar in the house, but not many.

The defeats of Angle and Miller were blows to the tea party, but Rand won a decisive victory in Kentucky. But just because their candidates got defeated this time around doesn't mean that they're going away.

Plus Buck wasn't a real tea partier and O'Donnell wasn't a real candidate.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 08:29:12 PM »

But now what's left of the Tea Party will have to "recruit" candidates.  And the candidates they "recruit" will all resemble Marco Rubio or Pat Toomey or Ron Johnson, and therefore won't even be worth a glance.

Why, those candidates were never tea party recruits to begin with? They only indirectly benefited by default from the enthusiasm of the tea party.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 08:47:09 PM »

But now what's left of the Tea Party will have to "recruit" candidates.  And the candidates they "recruit" will all resemble Marco Rubio or Pat Toomey or Ron Johnson, and therefore won't even be worth a glance.

Why do you think that the Tea Party can only be confined to Libertarians? From what I know, its central issues are economic stances, such as repeal of Obamacare, and lower taxes. Libertarians and Cosnervatives alike should be able to unify on those things, and who's to say if you disagree outside of that?

It depends on whether you are talking about real conservatives or neo"conservatives".
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 08:52:48 PM »

Why do you think that the Tea Party can only be confined to Libertarians? From what I know, its central issues are economic stances, such as repeal of Obamacare, and lower taxes. Libertarians and Cosnervatives alike should be able to unify on those things, and who's to say if you disagree outside of that?

It depends on whether you are talking about real conservatives or neo"conservatives".

Just because I happen to think that America has enemies does not mean I'm not "conservative" enough. Just because I support a strong national defense and believe in protecting the life of the unborn does not mean I'm a "moderate".

It's impossible to be a real conservative and support George W. Bush's policies.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 09:22:56 PM »

Just because I happen to think that America has enemies does not mean I'm not "conservative" enough. Just because I support a strong national defense and believe in protecting the life of the unborn does not mean I'm a "moderate".

It's impossible to be a real conservative and support George W. Bush's policies.

If you're talking about domestic policy (weak on illegal immigration, supported bail outs, huge deficits), I don't.

If you're talking foreign policy, the fact is that there are people who do not like the United States (crazy, right?), and they are willing to murder thousands to bring about their Jihad. How are we to react? Sit on our hands and say we're sorry for offering humanitarian aide and trying to fight the Soviet Union (USSR: reference to 1980's, not now, so don't spin that comment)?
The fact is that that is a nonsensical scenario with no basis in reality.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 01:55:51 PM »

I'm perfectly fine with the tea party supporting Giuliani over Palin. It would be a step in the right direction.

No. Giuliani is the worst candidate, period.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 03:10:39 PM »

If you're talking about domestic policy (weak on illegal immigration, supported bail outs, huge deficits), I don't.

If you're talking foreign policy, the fact is that there are people who do not like the United States (crazy, right?), and they are willing to murder thousands to bring about their Jihad. How are we to react? Sit on our hands and say we're sorry for offering humanitarian aide and trying to fight the Soviet Union (USSR: reference to 1980's, not now, so don't spin that comment)?
The fact is that that is a nonsensical scenario with no basis in reality.

The idea that there are people that want to destroy the US has no basis in reality?

Why do Libertarians believe that America's only enemies are self made? Is it impossible to accept that there are some radicals out there?

There are radicals who want to destroy America. They are the neocons themselves.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies