Does Djou have any type of future? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:21:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Does Djou have any type of future? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Djou have any type of future?  (Read 1717 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: November 03, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »

This may surprise you considering how much I wanted the guy gone, but I sort of feel bad for him. He doesn't come across as a particularly vile person like many of the Republicans elected (and of course many defeated such as O'Donnell, Buck and Angle) and he had to give up his Honolulu City Council seat for a few month term. I'm assuming that is already filled and he doesn't seem viable statewide and the GOP presence in the Hawaii State legislature is kind of comical.

I wonder if Abercrombie will give him some sort of lower-level cabinet position or appointment that's largely non-partisan (sort of like Obama gave Jon Huntsman). I'd consider it if I were in his position.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 12:15:33 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2010, 12:18:14 AM by I voted for Lizard People. »

I'd feel worse for him if I hadn't butted my head so much in arguments here about whether he was a "safe Hawaii incumbent" or not. LOL.

That's kind of my thought process. Honestly it seemed like some people believe Hawaii voters are basically robots, and that X% of them will always change their vote to an incumbent no matter what. I never heard any valid argument as to WHY Hawaii voters would flock to Djou en masse beyond "He's an incumbent and Hawaii always swings toward incumbents."

I suppose if Hanabusa won the special election she would've broke 70% then.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies