The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:58:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 12606 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2010, 11:11:07 PM »

Mr. President,

The ANWR Protection and Prohibition of Profit-Based Resource Extraction has been passed by the Senate and is presented for your signature.

NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2010, 11:09:16 AM »

Signed both.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »

I hereby appoint Taft4Prez as Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs.  Please commence a confirmation hearing.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2011, 03:51:12 PM »

I hereby appoint Taft4Prez as Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs.  Please commence a confirmation hearing.
A great appointment, Mr. President! Smiley
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2011, 08:09:42 PM »

I'm only too glad to help in any way I can.

A great appointment, Mr. President! Smiley
I thought so too!
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2011, 11:56:43 PM »

I fully support.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2011, 06:18:39 PM »

Um, Yankee? Or Kalwejt?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2011, 06:48:12 PM »

Um, Yankee? Or Kalwejt?

Ups, sorry, boss.

Here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=130124.msg2771464#msg2771464
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2011, 06:07:45 PM »

Mr. President,

The Labeling Requirements Act has passed and is presented for your signature.

Sen. NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2011, 07:51:49 PM »

Signed already.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2011, 12:19:29 AM »

Mr. President,

The Eradication of Invasive Species Act has been passed unanimously and is presented to you for your signature.

NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2011, 11:50:50 AM »

Signed.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2011, 09:36:31 AM »

Ghost_white, formerly known as Mint, is hereby granted a full pardon from the President for his recent conviction of the crime of voter fraud.

Attorney General Marokai Blue mentioned elsewhere that I had sent him a private message, asking for this case to be prosecuted.  He did not mention that I later sent him another private message, changing my mínd in this matter.

I changed my mind about this because Ghost_white (Mint) attempted to correct the situation by editing his post:

Ghost_white (formerly mint)
Populares
Massachusetts

While this was not in his original registration post, the addition of "(formerly Mint)" clearly indicates there was no intent on his part to commit voter fraud, or to hide the fact of his former identity.

Psychic Octopus, formerly known as Nik, was permitted to transfer his registration to his new user account by informing the Registrar General (me at the time) of his intent to do so.  I believe Ghost_white (Mint) should be given the same consideration.  Yes, technically the law was broken, but an attempt was made to correct the transgression, which indicates there was no ill intent.

So ordered.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2011, 08:03:07 PM »

Mr. President,

The 2010 Federal Stimulus Act has passed and has been presented to you for your signature.

Sen. NC Yankee,
Senate Dean
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2011, 10:49:04 PM »

The Federal Stimulus Act has been signed.

Nice work, guys.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2011, 02:58:32 PM »

Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs Taft4Prez has put his name forward as the new Secretary of Federal Elections, to replace Teddy.  I am a little bit nervous appointing him, simply because he is so new.  However, I think he deserves a chance.  I therefore nominate him, and instruct the Senate to begin confirmations.  I will participate in the confirmation hearing myself once it is opened.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2011, 02:22:14 AM »

I strongly encourage you to nominate Lewis Trondheim for Secretary of Federal Elections.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2011, 03:16:40 AM »

I strongly encourage you to nominate Lewis Trondheim for Secretary of Federal Elections.

^^^

I don't understand the reluctance that has taken over recent Presidencies to avoid actively seeking out the best Atlasians for jobs that arise, prefering to limit themselves those who PM the President for a share of the spoils of office.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2011, 02:20:28 AM »

I have returned from the Colorado mountains, slightly injured.  Really, I had a skiing accident and fractured some small bones in my right hand.

First, I apologise for any confusion surrounding the SoFE nomination during my vacation.  In a nutshell, it seemed to me that Taft4Prez had withdrawn his nomination himself before I had left.  I withdrew his nomination because he had already done so himself, but there seemed to be some confusion on that point, requiring my intervention.  As it stands now, I think it is best that I administer the February elections with T4P acting as Deputy.

Second, I have requested a meeting with the President of China, to discuss the critical situation that is unfolding there.  I have invited the President to meet in the White House, but I am also willing to personally travel to Beijing if that is their preference.  It is expected that SoEA Hashemite and GTO Ambassador Ben will participate in these discussions.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2011, 05:10:16 PM »

I have returned from the Colorado mountains, slightly injured.  Really, I had a skiing accident and fractured some small bones in my right hand.

First, I apologise for any confusion surrounding the SoFE nomination during my vacation.  In a nutshell, it seemed to me that Taft4Prez had withdrawn his nomination himself before I had left.  I withdrew his nomination because he had already done so himself, but there seemed to be some confusion on that point, requiring my intervention.  As it stands now, I think it is best that I administer the February elections with T4P acting as Deputy.

Second, I have requested a meeting with the President of China, to discuss the critical situation that is unfolding there.  I have invited the President to meet in the White House, but I am also willing to personally travel to Beijing if that is their preference.  It is expected that SoEA Hashemite and GTO Ambassador Ben will participate in these discussions.
"Alert Secret Service agents quickly seized the skis and wrestled them to the ground" Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2011, 05:15:27 PM »

The President Vanishes!

I am in control here
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2011, 05:59:28 PM »

Mr. President  (or acting president if such a case may be),

The following bill has been approved by the senate and awaits your signature:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=130659.msg2794671#msg2794671
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2011, 06:48:37 PM »

Mr. President  (or acting president if such a case may be),

The following bill has been approved by the senate and awaits your signature:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=130659.msg2794671#msg2794671

Signed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2011, 07:38:57 PM »

(As. s**t, he's back, just when I thought I acheived my evil goal...)

Oh, welcome back, Your Highness!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2011, 04:14:18 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

It is with great sorrow that we recognize the events which transpired this morning.  Our thoughts and our prayers go out to the victims of this horrible tragedy, and to their families.  As of this time no casualties have been reported, and for that we are blessed.

An organization calling itself Reality or Nothing has claimed responsibility for this act of war against our nation- and make no mistake, this is an act of war.  Little is known regarding this group.  They have promised more violence, but have offered nothing in the way of demands.  It does not matter what their demands are; Atlasia does not negotiate with terrorists.  Our job is to find those responsible for these crimes, bring them to justice, and prevent such attacks from reoccurring.

Federal law enforcement is directed to launch an investigation of the organization Reality or Nothing, and to find and arrest its leaders.  Further, it is expected that surveillance tapes will be analyzed and security procedures reviewed, to find the actual perpetrators of these crimes.  I will expect an update from the Atlasian FBI on a daily basis.

Until this crisis is passed, I am requiring all buildings in which Atlasian federal government business is conducted to be under military security surveillance.  The military will be responsible for searching all persons entering government buildings, and denying entry to those without clearance.  This will be lifted when the guilty parties are in custody.

May God watch over us through these troubled times.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies