Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2016, 10:15:23 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Cast your Ballot in the 2016 Mock Election

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  20th Pacific Legislative Council
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 20th Pacific Legislative Council  (Read 527 times)
Simfan34
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 5.91

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2016, 10:33:32 pm »
Ignore

Pertinent information on the operation of the Pacific Council

The first order of business shall be to elect a Speaker of the Legislative Council, which, as the incumbent,  I will open once the session formally begins on Friday and all members have sworn in.

What will happen if a hen impregnates an asteroid? Certainly, this will result in a snow storm over the Canary Islands, which will guarantee an FDP landslide in the next Nigerian election. Do you get me?
Ted Bessell, Bass God of the West
tedbessell
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.16, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 10:36:05 pm »
Ignore

Thanks for getting her up and running again, Simfan! I would advise the Councilors (really, Councilor) who had bills in the other Council thread to reintroduce them here once a Speaker is elected. I have an item or two in the pipeline myself Wink.

Not actually from Ontario.

Trump has made a habit of raising a middle digit to reality, turning that middle digit into a knife, and stabbing reality through the heart.
Representative 1184AZ
1184AZ
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 11:14:03 pm »
Ignore

Pacific universal firearm  background check act-2015

1 all individuals and companies that sell firearms must conduct a background check on the person purchasing the firearm
2 the cost of the background check must be paid for by the seller, but may passed on to the consumer
3 the background check will consist of a criminal record check and a phycological evaluation from a registered phycologist
4 the perso will be considered to have passed the background check if they have not convicted a Felony within the last 10 years and are considered in a good mental state based on the phycologists report
5 this bill will come in effect upon the signature of the governor of the pacific
This is my proposal for gun control I was not entirely sure what to do for section 2 of this act, amendments are welcome.

Simfan34
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 08:19:50 pm »
Ignore

Could you edit that for style, please?

What will happen if a hen impregnates an asteroid? Certainly, this will result in a snow storm over the Canary Islands, which will guarantee an FDP landslide in the next Nigerian election. Do you get me?
tedbessell
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 08:53:57 pm »
Ignore

I can try and take care of it...

Quote from: Pacific Universal Background Check Act of 2015
1. All individuals and companies that sell firearms must conduct a background check on the person purchasing the firearm.
2. The cost of the background check must be paid for by the vendor, but may passed on to the consumer, at the discretion of the vendor.
3. The background check will consist of a criminal record check and a psychological evaluation from a licensed psychologist.
4. The purchaser will pass the background check if they have not been convicted of a felony within the last 10 years, and are considered to be in a good mental state based on the psychologists report.
5. This bill will be implemented upon the signature of the Governor.

I didn't make any policy changes, just edited for grammar, spelling, and formatting. 1184AZ, is this okay with you?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 08:56:36 pm by Ted Bessell, Bass God of the West »Logged

Trump has made a habit of raising a middle digit to reality, turning that middle digit into a knife, and stabbing reality through the heart.
Representative 1184AZ
1184AZ
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 10:28:32 pm »
Ignore

I can try and take care of it...

Quote from: Pacific Universal Background Check Act of 2015
1. All individuals and companies that sell firearms must conduct a background check on the person purchasing the firearm.
2. The cost of the background check must be paid for by the vendor, but may passed on to the consumer, at the discretion of the vendor.
3. The background check will consist of a criminal record check and a psychological evaluation from a licensed psychologist.
4. The purchaser will pass the background check if they have not been convicted of a felony within the last 10 years, and are considered to be in a good mental state based on the psychologists report.
5. This bill will be implemented upon the signature of the Governor.

I didn't make any policy changes, just edited for grammar, spelling, and formatting. 1184AZ, is this okay with you?
Yes thats good, thanks

Representative 1184AZ
1184AZ
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 11:07:10 pm »
Ignore

I would like to start the legislative process by formally nominating Lumine as Speaker of the Pacific  assembly. 

tedbessell
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 11:23:49 pm »
Ignore

I would like to start the legislative process by formally nominating Lumine as Speaker of the Pacific  assembly. 

I call for Speaker Simfan to open the floor as soon as possible. Also, since the session has formally begun, I have a bill.

tedbessell
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 11:28:02 pm »
Ignore

Quote from: Pacific Infrastructure Privatization Act
1. Naming
I. This Act shall be known as the "Pacific Infrastructure Privatization Act," or "PIPA."

2. Privatization Commission
I. A commission consisting of seven engineers, economists, and field experts shall be created by the Pacific Government.
     i. This commission shall be known as the "Pacific Infrastructure Commission," or "PIC"
     ii. This PIC shall produce a plan to privatize the Pacific Region's public infrastructure, in a quantity determined to be reasonable by the PIC, via sale or lease of assets to private companies. The plan shall be completed by June.
     iii. The goal of the PIC shall be to reduce infrastructure and transportation expenses by 50% for the next fiscal year via privatization, in a way that ensures safe, efficient, and productive infrastructure as best as possible.
     iv. The commission shall divert the remaining expenses to public-private partnerships, in order to further reduce expenses.
     v. This commission shall also be responsible for deciding which private companies the Pacific Government will sell or lease infrastructure assets to, or enter public-private partnership with.
     vi. This plan, upon completion, shall be adopted by the Pacific Government, the Pacific's municipal Governments, and the executive agencies and bureaus responsible for execution of the plan.
[/quote]

Simfan34
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 11:17:36 pm »
Ignore

Very well. Members have 24 hours to nominate candidates for Speaker. I nominate... myself. Tongue

Vice President Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 11:24:18 pm »
Ignore

Pleased to be a part of the Council, let this be a productive session for the Pacific!

Should Councilor 1184AZ's previous nomination proposal be void due to timing, I nominate myself as well.
Representative 1184AZ
1184AZ
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 11:27:56 pm »
Ignore

In case it is void, I will reaffirm my previous nomination of Lumine for Pacific Speaker .

tedbessell
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 11:30:41 pm »
Ignore

Speaker Simfan, should 1184AZ and I plan to reintroduce our earlier legislation after a Speaker is selected due to timing?

Simfan34
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 11:58:24 pm »
Ignore

I believe that the bill's re-introduction shall not be necessary.

Furthermore, seeing as the other members of the Council have made their preferences clear I shall not waste this chamber's time and thus withdraw my candidacy. I hereby second Lumine's nomination as speakers.

As such, Lumine von Reuental is hereby declared Speaker of the Legislative Council by unanimous consent.

Vice President Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 12:27:01 am »
Ignore

My most sincere thanks, gentlemen, I shall try to do my best as Speaker.

I'm happy to uphold Simfan's decision on the legislation already present on this thread, and I'll open threads on the Pacific Infrastructure Privatization Act and the Pacific Universal Background Check Act of 2015 right away.
Vice President Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 12:37:36 am »
Ignore

Pacific Council, April 24th:

Legislative Slots:

Slot 1: Pacific Universal Background Check Act of 2015 (Councilor 1184AZ)
Slot 2: Pacific Infrastructure Privatization Act (Governor Bessell))
Slot 3: VACANT.
Emergency Slot: VACANT.

Legislative Queue:

VACANT.
Vice President Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 04:04:36 pm »
Ignore

Pacific Council, May 7th:

Legislative Slots:

Slot 1: VACANT.
Slot 2: VACANT.
Slot 3: VACANT.
Emergency Slot: VACANT.

Legislative Queue:

VACANT.

Legislation Passed:

Pacific Universal Background Check Act of 2016
Pacific Infrastructure Privatization Act of 2016
Simfan34
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 08:32:40 pm »
Ignore

This is unfortunate. I repeatedly checked the forum to see if voting had opened, and when I didn't look, it did!

tedbessell
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 09:00:30 pm »
Ignore

This is unfortunate. I repeatedly checked the forum to see if voting had opened, and when I didn't look, it did!

No worries!

Vice President Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 09:11:37 pm »
Ignore

Indeed, the fact that the Council is working and active is fantastic, really (although it would seem we're all - in Atlasia as a whole - waiting on the results of the Constitutional Convention).
tedbessell
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 09:21:19 pm »
Ignore

Indeed, the fact that the Council is working and active is fantastic, really (although it would seem we're all - in Atlasia as a whole - waiting on the results of the Constitutional Convention).

Exactly. It's really remarkable how far we've come in just a few months. Of course, there's lots of work left to do, but it's remarkable nonetheless.

Vice President Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2016, 02:40:30 pm »
Ignore

Since the Council is still in existence, congratulations to Goldwater on his appointment!
tedbessell
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2016, 02:42:59 pm »
Ignore

Since the Council is still in existence, congratulations to Goldwater on his appointment!

Yeah. We're pretty much just warm bodies until implementation, but we'll get back to doin' stuff soon. I promise.

Anyways, welcome, Goldwater!

Goldwater
Republitarian
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.17

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2016, 03:06:43 pm »
Ignore

Thanks for the welcome, even if I am essentially just a placeholder. Tongue

Neither, he'd go for South Carolina to suck up that sun.
tedbessell
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2016, 03:12:09 pm »
Ignore

Thanks for the welcome, even if I am essentially just a placeholder. Tongue

TBH most regional officeholders are at this point Tongue

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout