Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2015, 12:35:32 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  NE3: Binary Elimination Act
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NE3: Binary Elimination Act  (Read 130 times)
Speaker Castro
Castro2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2015, 10:18:08 pm »
Ignore

Binary Elimination Act

1. All forms of "genital normalization surgery" or other procedures altering the sexual characteristics of infants with intersex traits are hereby banned in the Northeast.
2. Any person who performs such a procedure shall be subject to a fine no less than $25,000 and the permanent loss of all medical licenses.
3. Puberty-inhibiting medications shall be freely available to all minors living in the Northeast Region, with no requirement for parental consent or notification.
4. The Northeast Budget shall allocate [$x] to subsidize mental health services for people of non-standard gender or sex.
5. No document or form provided by the Northeast Region or by any of its subordinate governments or by any organization operating in the Northeast may refer to any person's sex, except where it is medically relevant.
6. No such document or form may require any kind of "proof" of gender.
7. All documents and forms provided by the Northeast Region or by any of its subordinate governments that refer to any person's gender shall include options for agender, genderfluid, genderqueer, polygender, third-gender, and two-spirit individuals.
8. All documents and forms provided by any organization operating in the Northeast that refer to any person's gender shall include at least an "other" option, and organizations are encouraged to implement all options listed in Clause 7.

This debate period will last for no less than 72 hours. The Speaker may extend debate upon written request.

Rep. evergreen, you have 36 hours to advocate for your bill.

northeast representative evergreen
a Person
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 07:01:45 am »
Ignore

the purpose of this bill should be pretty obvious - it's meant to tackle some of the problems faced by individuals of non-standard gender or sex.

DemPGH
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 02:56:00 pm »
Ignore

Support. I think this is geared toward hermaphroditism and so forth. I did a little reading on this, and evidently these surgeries are typically almost always unnecessary and of course they are involuntary. Now if surgery is necessary, it should be allowed, but it usually is not.

One thing with the amount of money to plug into clause 4, this probably wouldn't apply to that many people. So it needn't be high.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 03:29:41 pm by DemPGH »Logged

PM:
Economic: -5.03
Social: -8.35

Sawx, King in the North
SawxDem
YaBB God
Zimbabwe

Political Matrix
E: -5.74, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 01:14:26 pm »
Ignore

I met a girl in one of my classes who's really into LGBT rights. Do you guys think it would impress her if I told her I signed this bill?

#FREELEBRON

Quote from: Snowguy716
Sawx, pop a molly and you will fit in anywhere.  You are supergeil.

Sawx the womanizer :p.
Lt. Gov. pikachu
pikachu
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 11:39:20 pm »
Ignore

I support this. It looks like an important step for trans rights in the Northeast.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout