Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 08:06:31 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  Inks.LWC v. Mideast Region (Superior Court)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Inks.LWC v. Mideast Region (Superior Court)  (Read 50 times)
Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« on: Today at 09:10:34 am »
Ignore

Complaint

May it please the Court, I wish to file suit against the acting Governor for his certification of the July election results. Votes for Al should have been counted pursuant to Badger et al v. Inks.LWC, and I, not Franzl should have been elected. Because I have a high likelihood of winning, I ask this Court to grant a temporary injunction barring Franzl from swearing in. If this Court accepts the case, I will file a full brief tonight.
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:08:11 am »
Ignore

On Plaintiff's motion the Court GRANTS the preliminary injunction requested. Assemblyman-elect Franzl is ORDERED to refrain swearing in for the duration of this ruling.

This ruling will expire in 72 hours subject to further order of the Court.

The Court will expect Plaintiff's brief on the matter 'tonight' (I.e. by 11:59 pm EST).

The Court will entertain defense motions/argument regarding the preliminary injunction and/or the underlying suit itself.defendant may await the filing of Plaintiff's brief later today to respond, or may respond at anytime in the interim. If the former, the Court will set a reply deadline for the Defense after I review Inks' brief.

The parties are both ORDERED to PM both the Court and opposing Counsel after posting anything in this thread, be it pleading, motion, argument, snarky swipe at the opposing party, etc.

For the record, the Court does not feel any conflict in hearing this matter despite having been a party in the case Plaintiff primarily relies on, and accordingly sees no reason to seek appointment of another judge to hear this case. Should either party disagree they need to give notice of their objection within 48 hours.

SO ORDERED
X Judge Badger

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:42:36 am »
Ignore

The Court issues the following order regarding the format of briefs, motions, and other pleadings, effective for the duration of this matter:

Parties are required whenever citing for the first time in a given motion/pleading any case law, statutes, constitutional provisions, or any other authority found with in the annals of Atlasia to provide a link to said authority. The authority need not be linked repeatedly throughout any single pleading/motion; only the first time said authority is cited therein. Though the Court won't object should either party choose to repeatedly link cited authority throughout a given pleading, it is not required.

SO ORDERED
X Judge Badger

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout