Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2014, 05:36:14 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  NE1: Shared Economy Liberation Act (Debating)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NE1: Shared Economy Liberation Act (Debating)  (Read 361 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.74, S: -6.87

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2014, 05:57:56 pm »
Ignore

I fully accept that the problems associated with Uber are widespread societal issues in many cases; banning Uber in India will not alleviate the rape problem.  I think that the only way to help with that, or any of these issues, is to treat Uber like it is, a business, and ensure that it is safe, legal, and works for the best interest of its consumers.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 09:05:18 pm »
Ignore

I fully accept that the problems associated with Uber are widespread societal issues in many cases; banning Uber in India will not alleviate the rape problem.  I think that the only way to help with that, or any of these issues, is to treat Uber like it is, a business, and ensure that it is safe, legal, and works for the best interest of its consumers.

it is safe, legal, and working in the best interest of consumers so I guess this one will pass.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Аverroës Nix
Averroës Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 09:16:25 pm »
Ignore

This is a current topic in many places around the world. France is planning to ban Uber next year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/16/business/international/france-says-it-will-ban-ubers-low-cost-service-in-new-year.html?_r=0

Critics contend that the service represents unfair competition for other taxi operators, and falls afoul of many licensing rules across Europe. That has led cities across Europe, including Brussels and Berlin, to outlaw the budget car service.

“Currently, those who use UberPop are not protected in case of an accident,” Mr. Brandet told the French news channel BFM TV, on Monday. “So not only is it illegal to offer the service, but for the consumer, it’s a real danger.”

"Unfair competition" is basically a politically-charged nonsense term.

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout