Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 05:25:36 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  The Pac. Homelessness combattement act. (Final Vote)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Pac. Homelessness combattement act. (Final Vote)  (Read 179 times)
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2014, 12:40:02 am »
Ignore

1. The Pacific Regional Government hereby assigns $1'000'000'000 (One Billion Dollars) granted by the Federal Government of the Republic of Atlasia in the Public Means Public Act (2014) to build housing units for homeless people in the Pacific Region.
2. Every homeless individual or family in the Pacific Region is to be given the option to move into a housing unit which must include a living room, a bedroom with beds, a bathroom, a refrigerator, and Wifi.
3. Each individual or family will be assigned a caseworker to meet with on a weekly basis.  The caseworker, who shall be employed by the Pacific Regional Government, will be responsible for helping each applicant find employment.
3. Each individual or family will be allowed to stay in their respective departments until the government determines that they are self-sustainable.  The caseworker may assist the applicants in finding a new home located anywhere in the Pacific Region.
4. The Pacific Regional Government will be responsible for compiling client-level data into the database, including the results of annual counts of the homeless derived from shelter and street surveys taken each January.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:50:36 pm by Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin »Logged

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”-John Lennon
"Taking care of our veterans is a cost of war. If you can spend 6 trillion dollars sending them to war, you can spend a few billion taking care of them when they come home"- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 12:41:26 am »
Ignore

The Pac. Regional Homelessness Combattement act.
The Pacific Regional Government hereby calls itsself responsible for combatting and eliminating homelessness in the Pacific Region.
1. The Pacific Regional Government hereby assigns $1'000'000'000 (One Billion Dollars) granted by the Federal Government of the Republic of Atlasia in the Public Means Public Act (2014) to build housing units for homeless people in the Pacific Region.
2. Every homeless individual or family in the Pacific Region is to be given the option to move into a housing unit which must include a living room, a bedroom with beds, a bathroom, a refrigerator, and Wifi.
3. Each individual or family will be assigned a caseworker to meet with on a weekly basis.  The caseworker, who shall be employed by the Pacific Regional Government, will be responsible for helping each applicant find employment.
3. Each individual or family will be allowed to stay in their respective departments until the government determines that they are self-sustainable.  The caseworker may assist the applicants in finding a new home located anywhere in the Pacific Region.
4. The Pacific Regional Government will be responsible for compiling client-level data into the database, including the results of annual counts of the homeless derived from shelter and street surveys taken each January.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:46:26 pm by Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin »Logged

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”-John Lennon
"Taking care of our veterans is a cost of war. If you can spend 6 trillion dollars sending them to war, you can spend a few billion taking care of them when they come home"- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
Governor Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 02:50:41 am »
Ignore

We'll be getting the billion to fund this from the Federal Government.
I think that bill speaks for itsself - we will be building housing units for homeless, in turn hopefully combatting homlessness. Any opinions, critiques, stuff?
Plus Devin, you have not posted the whole bill - you missed the title, and the first sentence. I had, over clause 1, something like "The Pac Gov calls itsself responsible for combatting homlessness in the region" - that's an important part of the bill, at least to me.

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 03:08:34 am »
Ignore

Very glad to see you guys putting forward a proposal for the money! Thanks for putting in the work on this. Smiley

Governor Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 03:29:36 am »
Ignore

After all, we're the ones that want the money Wink

Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 06:54:57 pm »
Ignore

We'll be getting the billion to fund this from the Federal Government.
I think that bill speaks for itsself - we will be building housing units for homeless, in turn hopefully combatting homlessness. Any opinions, critiques, stuff?
Plus Devin, you have not posted the whole bill - you missed the title, and the first sentence. I had, over clause 1, something like "The Pac Gov calls itsself responsible for combatting homlessness in the region" - that's an important part of the bill, at least to me.
Ill fix it later today.

Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 09:48:19 pm »
Ignore

Its done. Also pardon my French, but why in the sam hell would they need wifi? If you're homeless that is probably down with buying a Ferrari on your important things list. Plenty of people get along fine without it.

Governor Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 01:39:58 am »
Ignore

You know that it becomes increasingly difficult today to find a job, find a new apartment, do anything without the internet. How expensive is this, too? Not really.

Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 11:09:29 am »
Ignore

You know that it becomes increasingly difficult today to find a job, find a new apartment, do anything without the internet. How expensive is this, too? Not really.
Don't most city Libraries offer free wifi?

Governor Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 01:43:03 pm »
Ignore

I guess so, but I guess they also save your history. Plus, we're also talking of rural ares here, where they don't have this option...

Thomas Jefferson
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 01:59:58 pm »
Ignore

The Wi Fi needs to stay in the bill. Internet more now than ever becoming a necessity in our region's lifestyle.

Nice to know Wisconsin Democrats have stashes of KKK hoods lying about that they don't know what to do with.

"Git yer lib'rul big gub'mint hands off muh Obamacare, ya dang commies!"
Never
Never Convinced
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 06:39:34 pm »
Ignore

Like some others here, I feel like WiFi should stay in the bill. The Internet is quite beneficial to searching for employment opportunities, which would surely combat homelessness.

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. - Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)

"Beware the politically obsessed. They are often bright and interesting, but they have something missing in their natures; there is a hole, an empty place, and they use politics to fill it up. It leaves them somehow misshapen." - Peggy Noonan
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 11:50:20 pm »
Ignore

Alright then it stays. Councillors a final vote is now open.

Never
Never Convinced
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 06:36:33 pm »
Ignore

Aye.

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. - Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)

"Beware the politically obsessed. They are often bright and interesting, but they have something missing in their natures; there is a hole, an empty place, and they use politics to fill it up. It leaves them somehow misshapen." - Peggy Noonan
Thomas Jefferson
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 08:47:10 pm »
Ignore

Aye.

Nice to know Wisconsin Democrats have stashes of KKK hoods lying about that they don't know what to do with.

"Git yer lib'rul big gub'mint hands off muh Obamacare, ya dang commies!"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout