Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 02, 2015, 02:07:34 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  Northeast Assembly Thread II
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] Print
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread II  (Read 14812 times)
Speaker Blair
Blair2015
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 24, 2015, 05:12:32 pm »
Ignore

Should the Assembly start up again now we've got new members in

cinyc
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 25, 2015, 02:19:21 pm »
Ignore

Should the Assembly start up again now we've got new members in

The new Assembly convenes tomorrow.
cinyc
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 26, 2015, 06:52:18 pm »
Ignore

I am out of a job because the new Assembly is now in session.  Elected officials should swear in again on the swear-in thread, even if they did it last session.  Good luck to the new Assembly!
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 27, 2015, 11:57:40 am »
Ignore

Have we started this term then...?

Quote from: Mahatma Gandhi
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they come to fight you, and then you win.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 27, 2015, 12:31:44 pm »
Ignore

The new session should start. Those elected in the election could swear in starting Thursday.

The first thing to do for the assembly is elect a Speaker. That election is usually run by the Lieutenant Governor. I don't think that has been announced yet and the Lt Governor swear in.

For reference, this is what the SOAP on the wiki says about the Speaker's election.

At the beginning of each term of the Assembly, and at any time when the office is vacant, the first order of business of the Assembly shall be to elect the Speaker.

The Lieutenant Governor shall preside over the election, but he may neither be nominated for, nor be elected as, Speaker.  In the case of the absence of the Lieutenant Governor, the member with the longest continuous period of service shall conduct the election.

Nominations shall be open for a period of twenty-four (24) hours.  A member may nominate no more that one member.  Any member nominated must declare their acceptance of the nomination to be listed on the ballot.

At the close of nominations, if only one member has been nominated, he shall immediately be declared to have been elected.

If, however, two or more members have been nominated, an election shall immediately be held by optional preference IRV.  Only members officially nominated shall be listed on the ballot - write-in votes shall not be permitted.  The election shall conclude after a period of twenty-four (24) hours, or after all members have voted, whichever is sooner.

Sawx, King in the North
SawxDem
YaBB God
Zimbabwe

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 27, 2015, 03:23:33 pm »
Ignore

EDIT: Matt's going through some personal, real life issues right now, so he won't be running (so consider this kind of an LOA in his stead). I don't want to pick a Lieutenant Governor just yet because I don't want to shut someone who wants to run out of the Speakership.

Lowly Griff
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 27, 2015, 03:48:04 pm »
Ignore

Do you want me/can I open the nomination as Speaker as outgoing LG, or am I already gone?

I feel like Sally Field in Ms. Doubtfire.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 27, 2015, 04:34:03 pm »
Ignore

If we're nominating for speaker - I'll nominate Blair. He seems willing to do it and it should bring stability to the Assembly.

Quote from: Mahatma Gandhi
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they come to fight you, and then you win.
Speaker Blair
Blair2015
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 27, 2015, 04:59:43 pm »
Ignore

If we're nominating for speaker - I'll nominate Blair. He seems willing to do it and it should bring stability to the Assembly.

Thanks Clyde. I accept the nomination for speaker, and would be happy to carry out the role

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 27, 2015, 05:13:24 pm »
Ignore

Since I wrote the current rules on the Speakership election I thought I'd chime in to help.

If Matt is the longest continually serving representative (as I believe he is, but correct me if I am wrong), he can preside over the election.  If he's on a LOA, then the second longest continually serving member can preside over the election.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 27, 2015, 06:36:30 pm »
Ignore

The second longest continuing serving member would be Blair since I believe he was the only other representative serving just before the election. So I guess that would be for him to open the 24 hour nomination process for speaker (and nominate himself).

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 27, 2015, 11:09:06 pm »
Ignore

I will be supporting Blair for Speaker when the election for Speaker is held.

http://meemsy.com/v/7082  WATCH DAVE LEIP BEING BRIEFED BY THE MODS
Speaker Blair
Blair2015
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 28, 2015, 03:52:41 am »
Ignore

Haha it feels slightly Nixon like having to open my own election.

Since Matt has been given a LOA submitted through Governor Sawx I hereby open the nomination Process. It will last for 24 hours

Clyde has nominated me, and I accept.

Assemblyman pikachu
pikachu
United States

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 28, 2015, 05:05:19 pm »
Ignore

I support Blair.
Speaker Blair
Blair2015
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 01, 2015, 03:57:41 am »
Ignore

24 hours has now passed, and since no other names have been nominated I hereby declared that Blair has been elected as Speaker to the Northeast Assembly, and shall assume the position as of now

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 01, 2015, 03:51:10 pm »
Ignore

24 hours has now passed, and since no other names have been nominated I hereby declared that Blair has been elected as Speaker to the Northeast Assembly, and shall assume the position as of now

Does that feel awkward, Representative Blair declares Representative Blair as Speaker Blair?  Smiley

http://meemsy.com/v/7082  WATCH DAVE LEIP BEING BRIEFED BY THE MODS
Speaker Blair
Blair2015
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 01, 2015, 04:42:07 pm »
Ignore

Does that feel awkward, Representative Blair declares Representative Blair as Speaker Blair?  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout