Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2016, 10:07:41 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  SE House legislation introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] Print
Author Topic: SE House legislation introduction Thread  (Read 26897 times)
Southeast Speaker Haslam2020
Haslam2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: February 02, 2016, 07:42:50 pm »
Ignore

The Ron Paul Act of 2016:

1. The police can not lie to get confessions.
2. The police cannot go through your documents, or home without a warrant, and if they do they shall face a $50,000 fine and go to court on charges of invasion of privacy, should an officer do this.
3. This act would call for small cameras to be put on each officer, they'd cost about $50 dollars each, setting aside around 300,000 dollars to supply these cameras.
4. The police can not demand people to stop recording police situations.
5. This act states the government shall encourage PEACEFUL demonstrations if any sort of police brutality happens, the officer likely won't get away with it.
6. If somehow a prisoner in the South has been labeled not guilty of something and has served in prison for something they didn't commit, they shall be liable to a 3,000 dollar grant for each year they served. (of course they will be labeled innocent with proper investigations, of course)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:45:34 pm by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »Logged

Classic Conservative
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2016, 05:16:38 pm »
Ignore

I hope everyone can get behind it and let's have the South be the third region to pass this bill!!!

Southern Family Farming Regulatory Relief Act
1.) Hemp
i. Cultivation and sale of industrial hemp shall henceforth be legal.
ii. A hemp research board will be established to research more into the industrial and practical uses of hemp.
3. Hemp seeds will also be able to be sold for human consumption.
2.) Raw Milk
i. The sale of raw milk in the Southern Region shall be declared legal.
ii. Any raw milk sold must be labelled in prominent, readable lettering:
"CONTAINS UNPASTEURIZED MILK"
iii. Raw Milk shall be defined as unpasturized and/or unhomogenized dairy products.
iv. This legislation shall also apply to cheese, cream, and ice cream products involving raw milk usage.
v. The farmer, bottler or any persons who dealt with the item cannot be legally sued if an illness happens beacuse of the raw milk, since it is labeled specifically for viewer discretion.
3.) Future Farmers
i. The Southern Government encourages and will collaborate with school districts and farm organizations to set up apprenticeship programs and school clubs to raise interest in family farming.
4.) Lawsuits
i. Corporations cannot legally sue farmers if their patented seed is spread by wind or unintentionally onto a farmer's land
ii. Intent to spread the patented seed unlawfully must be proven in court
5.) Government Sourcing
i. The Southern Government is encouraged to buy and utilize as much locally produced food as possible in prisons, schools, and region owned facilities.

Haslam2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 10, 2016, 10:22:12 am »
Ignore

The Criminal Justice Reform Act of 2016:

1. If a police officer goes through your documents or your home without a warrant they shall face a $50,000 fine and go to court on charges of invasion of privacy.
2. This act would call for small cameras to be put on each officer, supplying for 100,000 of these cameras (thus costing about $5,000,000).
3. The police can not demand people to stop recording police situations. If they do, there will be an ethics investigation, and they will face a fine of the wages that they miss.
4. This act reinforces the right to peaceful protest, and police officers will be punished if they infringe on that right by in any way impeding, discouraging, or abusing people legally protesting something.
5. The punishment for infringing on protest rights will be at least a weeks wages, and will be immediate dismissal and criminal charges if violence is involved on the part of the officer.
6. In the event that someone in the South serves time in prison for a crime it was proved that he/she didn't commit, he/she shall be liable to a 3,000 dollar grant for each year they served.

Governor Leinad
Leinad
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -7.13

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2016, 05:21:02 pm »
Ignore

The Criminal Justice Reform Act of 2016:

1. If a police officer goes through your documents or your home without a warrant they shall face a $50,000 fine and go to court on charges of invasion of privacy.
2. This act would call for small cameras to be put on each officer, supplying for 100,000 of these cameras (thus costing about $5,000,000).
3. The police can not demand people to stop recording police situations. If they do, there will be an ethics investigation, and they will face a fine of the wages that they miss.
4. This act reinforces the right to peaceful protest, and police officers will be punished if they infringe on that right by in any way impeding, discouraging, or abusing people legally protesting something.
5. The punishment for infringing on protest rights will be at least a weeks wages, and will be immediate dismissal and criminal charges if violence is involved on the part of the officer.
6. In the event that someone in the South serves time in prison for a crime it was proved that he/she didn't commit, he/she shall be liable to a 3,000 dollar grant for each year they served.

It's an amendment, just because the name is changed doesn't mean it's a new bill.

Governor of the South, At-Large Senator-Elect, Deputy Presiding Officer of the Constitutional Convention, Vice-Chair of the Federalist Party, and contributor to Nyman Weekly in the merry ol' land of Atlasia.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss(es). #ClinTrump2016!
Classic Conservative
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 11, 2016, 05:04:41 pm »
Ignore

Defunding Abortion Companies

1. Planned Parenthood of Atlasia and their local and regionally counterparts and all abortion providers are forbidden from receiving any funds from the Southern Region.
2.  The Southern Regionally Government hereby appropriates $80 million dollars to build community health services that provide all of Planned Parenthood and Women Health Centers that perform abortions services except for abortions. The community health centers shall also have free clinics and mental health screenings.
3. The Community Health Centers are forbidden to preform or recommend abortions.

Haslam2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 12, 2016, 01:55:30 pm »
Ignore

This shall be introduced later but...

The People's Government Bill

1. Citizens will be allowed to introduce bills in the SE legislature, even if they are from other areas, essentially allowing anyone who wants to introduce a bill can introduce one.
2. The Maximum amount of bills being debated or voted on shall be increased to 4.
3. Tax rates, current states of the economy, etc shall be released every five months.
4. Southern Government spending shall be publicly view-able.

Governor Leinad
Leinad
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 12, 2016, 09:50:07 pm »
Ignore

1. Citizens will be allowed to introduce bills in the SE legislature, even if they are from other areas, essentially allowing anyone who wants to introduce a bill can introduce one.
2. The Maximum amount of bills being debated or voted on shall be increased to 4.
3. Tax rates, current states of the economy, etc shall be released every five months.

Sounds more like a constitutional amendment.

Although, on #4, we should do our budget. We normally try to do that each year anyway, so #s 3 and 4 are redundant.

Governor of the South, At-Large Senator-Elect, Deputy Presiding Officer of the Constitutional Convention, Vice-Chair of the Federalist Party, and contributor to Nyman Weekly in the merry ol' land of Atlasia.

Senator Truman
Harry S Truman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 12, 2016, 11:03:28 pm »
Ignore

So, under Section 2, a citizen of another Region (say, the Mideast) would be able to introduce legislation in the Southern Legislature? If so, I support this amendment! Wink
Haslam2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 13, 2016, 11:27:51 am »
Ignore

Although, on #4, we should do our budget. We normally try to do that each year anyway, so #s 3 and 4 are redundant.

Maybe, and oh alright, I'll remove them when it's introduced!

So, under Section 2, a citizen of another Region (say, the Mideast) would be able to introduce legislation in the Southern Legislature? If so, I support this amendment! Wink

Yep Cheesy

Governor NeverAgain
NeverAgain
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.24, S: -5.64

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2016, 11:30:50 am »
Ignore

Yep Cheesy
Sounds great Haslam! Quick question, would those not sitting in the legislature be able to amend bills or propose amended bills also?

Haslam2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 13, 2016, 12:07:53 pm »
Ignore

Yep Cheesy
Sounds great Haslam! Quick question, would those not sitting in the legislature be able to amend bills or propose amended bills also?

Thanks Cheesy and of course, this is a people's government after all!

Governor Leinad
Leinad
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2016, 06:32:10 pm »
Ignore

By the way, I will oppose this measure. Why on earth would you give most of the same powers to non-legislators as you would to legislators? The legislative elections are supposed to have meaning--it's not a ceremonial title.

Also, non-citizens? I think that's crazy. In real life, I, as a citizen of Georgia, should not be able to go into Tennessee and vote on their referendums and elections and whatnot--much less propose legislation for their state legislature. (I get that it's a different idea, but hopefully you all understand my point.)

Not that this is a place for debate--just giving my two cents considering that other's gave theirs.

Governor NeverAgain
NeverAgain
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.24, S: -5.64

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2016, 07:27:41 pm »
Ignore

By the way, I will oppose this measure. Why on earth would you give most of the same powers to non-legislators as you would to legislators? The legislative elections are supposed to have meaning--it's not a ceremonial title.

Also, non-citizens? I think that's crazy. In real life, I, as a citizen of Georgia, should not be able to go into Tennessee and vote on their referendums and elections and whatnot--much less propose legislation for their state legislature. (I get that it's a different idea, but hopefully you all understand my point.)

Not that this is a place for debate--just giving my two cents considering that other's gave theirs.
He didn't include voting, he just included amending and drafting bills both of which I agree with. I support a more globalized style of legislating where everyone is allowed to give their two cents.

Haslam2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 14, 2016, 11:36:55 am »
Ignore

Mr. Governor, this is a thing where non-legislators, from the South, etc can introduce bills they see fit, I mean think about it this is a people's government after all! So why can't we take a few ideas from our neighbors and get to know the people's concerns?

Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 16, 2016, 04:10:18 pm »
Ignore

Gulf of Mexico Restoration and Protection Act

1. The Gulf of Mexico is a valuable resource of national and international importance, continuously serving the people of the Atlasia and other countries as an important source of food, economic productivity, recreation, beauty, and enjoyment;

2. over many years, the resource productivity and water quality of the Gulf of Mexico and its watershed have been diminished by point and nonpoint source pollution;

3.  the Atlasia should seek to attain the protection and restoration of the Gulf of Mexico ecosystem as a collaborative regional goal of the Gulf of Mexico Program;

The purposes of this Act are

1.  to expand and strengthen cooperative voluntary efforts to restore and protect the Gulf of Mexico;

2.  to expand Federal support for monitoring, management, and restoration activities in the Gulf of Mexico and its watershed;

3.  to commit the Atlasia to a comprehensive cooperative program to achieve improved water quality in, and improvements in the productivity of living resources of, the Gulf of Mexico; and

4. to establish a Gulf of Mexico Program to serve as a national and international model for the collaborative management of large marine ecosystems.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 06:36:24 pm by Assemblyman Steelers »Logged

Assemblyman from the IDS (November 23rd, 2015-Present)
Haslam2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 16, 2016, 09:54:26 pm »
Ignore

Gulf of Mexico Restoration and Protection Act

1. The Gulf of Mexico is a valuable resource of national and international importance, continuously serving the people of the Atlasia and other countries as an important source of food, economic productivity, recreation, beauty, and enjoyment;

2. over many years, the resource productivity and water quality of the Gulf of Mexico and its watershed have been diminished by point and nonpoint source pollution;

3.  the Atlasia should seek to attain the protection and restoration of the Gulf of Mexico ecosystem as a collaborative regional goal of the Gulf of Mexico Program; and

The purposes of this Act are

1.  to expand and strengthen cooperative voluntary efforts to restore and protect the Gulf of Mexico;

2.  to expand Federal support for monitoring, management, and restoration activities in the Gulf of Mexico and its watershed;

3.  to commit the Atlasia to a comprehensive cooperative program to achieve improved water quality in, and improvements in the productivity of living resources of, the Gulf of Mexico; and

4. to establish a Gulf of Mexico Program to serve as a national and international model for the collaborative management of large marine ecosystems.

will introduce it soon Steelers, but we needa get through this voting

Haslam2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm »
Ignore

The Lamar Alexander Road Reparation Bill:

1. 35,000,000 dollars from the budget shall be reserved to repair the so called "danger roads" in the South.
2. This shall be listed on the sejobs.gov website, causing mass employment.

Definitions:

danger roads: Roads that are 10+ years old that are now deemed historically unsafe.

Northeast Governor Kingpoleon
Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 10, 2016, 09:58:05 am »
Ignore

II. Any non-southern citizen may introduce a bill, so long as their region has an equivalent right for Southern citizens. This shall be held after at least two other regions have passed an equivalent, as determined by the presiding officer of the legislature.

"You are the people who pay the taxes and obey the law. You are the people who make America what it is! It is from your ranks I come, and on your side I stand!" - Gerald Ford

Economic: 1.38
Social: -2.36
Haslam2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 10, 2016, 10:20:34 pm »
Ignore

will be introduced soon!

Governor Leinad
Leinad
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 10, 2016, 11:29:14 pm »
Ignore

Haslam can introduce that and we can debate on it, but you didn't make the corrections I suggested.

It gives no indication to where it is (it's Article III) and sections are given numbers, not Roman numerals (articles are given Roman numerals).

Classic Conservative
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 25, 2016, 04:34:39 pm »
Ignore

Designation of Women's United as a Terrorist Organization

1. Women's United is hereby declared a terrorist organization in the Southern Region, because of the beheadings of supporters of the Islamic State.

2. All members of Women's United are to be treated as terror suspects and will be brought into a court of law deciding whether they are innocent or guilty or any wrongdoings.

Governor Leinad
Leinad
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 09, 2016, 01:13:35 am »
Ignore

Quote from: The Democratic Constitution Resolution
1. The "Ratification Process Alteration Resolution" is hereby repealed.

2. The South shall ratify Amendments to the Third Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, including ratification of a new Constitution, passed by the Senate through approval by vote of Southern Citizens.

3. In said vote, the Governor will promptly open the voting booth, and leave it open for seven (7) days.

4. A simple majority of Atlasian citizens registered in the South is required for the region's approval.

Passing the new Constitution will be one of the most important events in Atlasian history. I think the people of the South should have a say in voting on it. (And no, this will not block the ConCon from passage. If it was going to, I wouldn't be trying to pass this, now would I?)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:22:30 am by Governor Leinad »Logged

Haslam2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 22, 2016, 08:24:01 pm »
Ignore

The Re-vitalization Act of 2016

1. 7 new windmills shall be built in each of the 11 states of the South.

2. The Project shall be uploaded to sejobs.gov.

3. The Government shall construct a railroad crossing all of Arkansas and Louisiana, it shall also be listed on sejobs.gov.

4. The South shall spend 2 million dollars promoting tourism and travel to the region.

5. The construction of 44 new electrical car charging stations shall be evenly distributed between the states.

6. This act shall in total cost around $25,000,000.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout