Northeast Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:43:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 30
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 99013 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2011, 01:57:10 PM »

Re-introducing this with the provisions I think would have better chances of passing.

The Healthy Students Act of 2011

A BILL to promote healthy lifestyles in Northeast schools.

All standards are applicable at the start of the next school year.

Section 1.) Condoms
1. All schools in the Northeast, public and private, are hereby permitted to dispense condoms for students.

2. Condoms may be dispensed in the nurse's office or restrooms.

Section 2.) Medication
1. Students are permitted to bring in and keep any medication, prescription and non-prescription, at schools in the nurse's office.

2. All medication must be appropriately labeled by kind of medication and student name.

3. Students may not request medication that belongs to another student.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2011, 02:24:46 PM »

Better re-introduce it under the new Assembly.  All bills introduced during this session don't get carried over to the next.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2011, 02:26:39 PM »

Better re-introduce it under the new Assembly.  All bills introduced during this session don't get carried over to the next.

Will do.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2011, 07:19:05 PM »

Anti-Conscription Act

1) The government of the Northeast region may not conscript it's citizens, whether for military or civil purposes.

2) The Northeast Assembly affirms that conscription is a form of forced labor, and thus should not be allowed in any progressive society.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2011, 07:20:36 PM »

The Preventing HxC Dancing In Public To Protect Citizen Safety Act of 2011

1. All "HxC" or "Hardcore" dancing is hereby prohibited in public.

2. "HxC" or "Hardcore" dancing is defined as:

• Floorpunching
  • Windmilling
  • Moshing
  • Any other form of limb flailing that may cause passersby to become injured

3. Citizens may Hardcore dance at concerts, but at their own risk of being injured or injuring someone else.

4. If someone is caught Hardcore dancing in public, they shall have to pay a $500 dollar fine.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2011, 08:11:56 PM »

Re-introduce these bills when we get into the next session, guys.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2011, 08:20:10 PM »

Re-introduce these bills when we get into the next session, guys.

Please do Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2011, 08:26:08 PM »

Anti-Conscription Act

1) The government of the Northeast region may not conscript it's citizens, whether for military or civil purposes.

2) The Northeast Assembly affirms that conscription is a form of forced labor, and thus should not be allowed in any progressive society.

Before the next session starts, I feel I should say this.  I will support this bill, but be prepared to face potential legal challenges if this passes... Wink
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2011, 08:54:36 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2011, 04:59:29 PM by Northeast Speaker Scott »

The Northeast Cabinet Act

A BILL to establish a board of non-legislating advisers, which will work in the Northeast Executive Branch

1. The Governor may nominate an elected or non-elected Northeast citizen to each regional department.  Citizens who are selected must accept their nominations to each department, before being confirmed by the General Assembly at the beginning of the Governor’s term.

2. The Governor may fire a Secretary of any department at any time during his or her tenure, and the replacement(s) shall be confirmed by the General Assembly.

3. The secretaries shall advise the Governor, as well as the General Assembly, on legislation relevant to their department assignment(s) or recommend policy initiatives, but shall have no legislative power or vote in the General Assembly unless the Secretary is a member of such.  The Governor may appoint a secretary to oversee multiple departments at a time and the secretary shall work in the Cabinet until he or she resigns, is removed from their position by the Governor, or after the Governor’s term expires.  A secretary may serve under multiple governors without limitations on how many times he or she may be appointed.

4. The Governor may leave some or all departments vacant if he or she chooses.

5. The Departments will be as follows:

• Department of the State (will advise on legislation regarding election law, game reform)
  • Department of the Treasury (will advise on legislation regarding money, budgeting, banking, consumer protection, loans)
  • Department of Agriculture and the Interior (will advise on legislation regarding farm bills & compensation, rural development, regional parks, environmental regulation, energy policy, food stamps)
  • Department of Commerce (will advise on legislation regarding economic growth)
  • Department of Urban Development (will advise on legislation regarding urban development, maintenance, infrastructure)
  • Department of Education (will advise on legislation regarding education policy, health standards for schools, school development, teacher pay)
  • Department of Labor (will advise on legislation regarding labor, unions, worker pay, worker protection, worker conditions)
  • Department of Veterans Affairs (will advise on legislation regarding support for veterans, region’s military force)
  • Department of Health and Human Services (will advise on legislation regarding public health care, hospitals, health, safety regulations)
  • Department of Justice (will advise on legislation regarding the administration of law, enforcement of justice)

6. The Governor may establish a new Cabinet position with the consent of the General Assembly.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2011, 09:07:47 PM »

Amendment to the NE Constitution - Residential Officeholder Act of 2011

1) Only residents of the Northeast region may run for office in the Northeast.

2) One must be a citizen of the region for a total of 7 (seven) days before declaring a candidacy in any election.

3) If one was previously a resident of the region but changed location, section 2 still applies.

Did this ever pass?
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2011, 09:11:01 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2011, 08:45:36 PM by I Know I'm Not Your Favorite Record »

The Making Recycling Fun And Cool Because Nobody Likes To Do It Other Than Hippies Act of 2011

1. In order to increase desire to recycle, special recycling cans shall be placed throughout the region.

2. These special cans shall be capable of the following:

• When a recyclable item is placed in the can, a buzzer, similar to a basketball buzzer, shall sound.
  • There shall be a point counter at the top of the can that records high scores. If someone breaks a high score, an automated voice shall shout "High score!" and the person will recieve a coupon to a store of their choice.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2011, 10:25:01 AM »

Stone Wall Preservation Act

The Northeast Assembly acknowledges that stone walls constructed as agricultural and administrative boundaries are tangible legacies of the generations that lived and died before the present day, and in so doing, declares the following:

1. That to knowingly deface, damage or dismantle a stone wall on public property is prohibited, and punishable by a $500 fine on the first offense;
2. That subsequent offenses shall entail four hours of community service for each subsequent offense and an increase in the fine by an additional $250 for each subsequent offense;
3. That any land sold by the Northeast or by any municipal or local government therein to a private landowner may only be sold on the condition that all stone walls located upon the property may not be defaced, damaged or dismantled in the process of the development of the land; and
4. That the Northeast Government shall offer grants totaling $250,000 to historians and scholars who aim to develop registries, maps and archives of ancient stone walls within the Northeast Region.

x homelycooking
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2011, 05:32:15 PM »

Stone Wall Preservation Act

The Northeast Assembly acknowledges that stone walls constructed as agricultural and administrative boundaries are tangible legacies of the generations that lived and died before the present day, and in so doing, declares the following:

1. That to knowingly deface, damage or dismantle a stone wall on public property is prohibited, and punishable by a $500 fine on the first offense;
2. That subsequent offenses shall entail four hours of community service for each subsequent offense and an increase in the fine by an additional $250 for each subsequent offense;
3. That any land sold by the Northeast or by any municipal or local government therein to a private landowner may only be sold on the condition that all stone walls located upon the property may not be defaced, damaged or dismantled in the process of the development of the land; and
4. That the Northeast Government shall offer grants totaling $250,000 to historians and scholars who aim to develop registries, maps and archives of ancient stone walls within the Northeast Region.

x homelycooking

X  Cincinnatus
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2011, 10:06:33 AM »

The Music Piracy Decriminalization Act of 2011

1. Downloading music on the internet is hereby legal.

2. Websites such as LimeWire, FrostWire and related websites are no longer at risk of persecution from the Northeast Government in any way, shape or form.

3. Illegal downloading is hereby discouraged by the adjourned Assembly.

4. Musicians may not sue any illegal downloading websites if a court case would be brought before a Northeast Court.

5. All persons forced to pay an illegal downloading fine are to have said fine repaid in it's entirety.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2011, 11:42:36 AM »

2) One must be a citizen of the region for a total of 7 (seven) days before declaring a candidacy in any election.

3) If one was previously a resident of the region but changed location, section 2 still applies.

Did this ever pass?

I don't believe so.  Should I consider your post a re-introduction of this bill?
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2011, 11:46:12 AM »

Did this ever pass?

I don't believe so.  Should I consider your post a re-introduction of this bill?

Well wasn't something similar to this included in the new Constitution? IIRC?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2011, 11:49:15 AM »

Did this ever pass?

I believe only the first section of this bill is applied in the Northeast Constitution.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2011, 11:53:52 AM »

Did this ever pass?

I believe only the first section of this bill is applied in the Northeast Constitution.

Well then I guess I'll reintroduce my amendment Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2011, 01:06:01 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2011, 02:18:36 PM by Northeast Speaker Scott »

Amendment to the NE Constitution - Lieutenant Governor Vacancy Act

Article II of the Northeast Constitution is hereby amended:

In the event that the office of the Lieutenant Governor is to become vacated, or that the person who receives the most votes should not take the Oath of Office, a special election shall be held and the victor will take the office to finish the remainder of the term.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2011, 01:42:25 AM »

The Absolutely Silly Act

1.  The amount of derps in the Northeast region may not exceed twelve herps.
2.  If the amount of derps does exceed twelve herps, the Northeast Assembly may herp the derps accordingly.
3.  The Game
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2011, 02:09:41 AM »

The Absolutely Silly Act

2.  If the amount of derps does exceed twelve herps, the Northeast Assembly may herp the derps accordingly.
3.  The Game

I have to ask, is this a serious proposal? Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2011, 10:17:05 AM »

The Absolutely Silly Act

3.  The Game

He just made me lose the game.  I must have went three years without losing the game too Tongue
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2011, 10:28:11 AM »

I fully urge everyone to support Morgan's bill.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2011, 10:33:58 AM »

Removing That Stupid Parental Advisory Sticker From CDs Act Of 2011

1. The "Parental Advisory: Explicit Content" is hereby removed from CDs sold within the Northeast Region.

2. Instead, CDs with notable explicit content shall have a sticker with "Recommended: 16+, 17+ and 18+" stickers, based on explicitness of content.

3. If a CD has a "Recommended: 18+" sticker on it, identification shall be required in order to purchase the CD.

4. If a CD has a "Recommended: 16+ or 17+" sticker, anyone may buy the CD.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2011, 12:46:58 PM »

The Absolutely Silly Act

3.  The Game

He just made me lose the game.  I must have went three years without losing the game too Tongue

Nice record!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies