Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2014, 12:30:53 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  Northeast Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 25059 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2012, 10:02:17 pm »
Ignore

I am reintroducing my Distracted Drivers Act, with changes made as to restrictions while driving and to penalties.

Northeast Region Distracted Drivers Act

All vehicle opertors while driving in the Northeast Region shall be restricted from the following activities:

-using hand-held cell phones
-texting or e-mailing
-using electronic devices like laptop computers, video games, cameras, video entertainment displays and programming portable audio players, e.g. MP3 players
-entering information on GPS units
-reading printed materials in the vehicle
-writing, printing or sketching
-personal grooming

Applies to all vehicles, including bicycles
Applies to all roads in both urban and rural areas of the Northeast Region

The penalty for the first offence shall be a fine of $200.00

The penalty for the second offence shall be a fine of $400.00

The penalty for the third offence shall be a fine of $600.00, and the driver must complete a mandatory distracted drivers course and a mandatory safe driving course

Any further offences will result in a fine of $1000.00 per offence, with further mandatory distracted driving and safe driving courses required.

QUINNIPIAC POLL: SAYS OBAMA WORST PRESIDENT SINCE WORLD WAR II

QUINNIPIAC POLL: 45% SAY COUNTRY WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITH ROMNEY AS PRESIDENT, ONLY 38% SAY COUNTRY IS BETTER OFF WITH OBAMA AS PRESIDENT
GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2012, 06:49:34 am »
Ignore

Miscellaneous Things Act

1. Tioga County, Pennsylvania shall be renamed Futtbuck County, Pennsylvania.

2. The Naso Theatre of the Northeast shall be constructed in Northeast Philadelphia. Only movies produced in the 1980s will be shown. Showings will be in black and white, and will be free for all Northeast residents.

3. State law enforcement officers must notify a suspect of his or her Wormy Rights upon arrest.

4. Governors shall be given a numbering sequence. The current governor shall be Governor Napoleon I, followed by Governor Napoleon II, then Governor Napoleon III, and so on. Governors may insert their own name for convenience: Governor "Name" Napoleon "Number".

5. School lunches shall have a soy milk alternative.
6. The Northeast Region shall provide $50 million to the University of Connecticut to create the Homelycooking Library of Elections and Statistics, with the goal of becoming the world's largest database of election results.

7. Gillette Stadium is hereby declared an environmental emergency zone. Clean up projects may take up to six years.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:55:23 am by we don't need a cure for the weight of the world »Logged

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2012, 03:13:05 pm »
Ignore

Article II, Section 7 of the Northeast Constitution is hereby amended to read:

The Governor has the power to make political appointments and serve as the official representative of the Region to the rest of Atlasia. The primary responsibility of the Governor shall be to execute laws passed by the Legislative Assembly of the Northeast and to promote the interests of the region abroad.  The Governor is also obligated to routinely update the Wiki when new legislation is passed, vetoed, or rejected by the Assembly.  If the Governor is unable to edit the Wiki or obtain access to it, the Speaker may do so instead.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:23:23 pm by Senator Scott »Logged
GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2012, 03:27:15 pm »
Ignore

The Governor has the power to make political appointments and serve as the official representative of the Region to the rest of Atlasia. The primary responsibility of the Governor shall be to execute laws passed by the Legislative Assembly of the Northeast and to promote the interests of the region abroad.  The Governor is also obligated to routinely update the Wiki when new legislation is passed, vetoed, or rejected by the Assembly.  If the Governor is unable to edit the Wiki or obtain access to it, the Speaker may do so instead.

Unfortunately, these things never work. Hey, I can't even edit the Wiki!

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 17, 2012, 03:31:30 pm »
Ignore

Unfortunately, these things never work. Hey, I can't even edit the Wiki!

Someone's gotta do it. Tongue
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 24, 2012, 11:15:28 pm »
Ignore

I have over forty pages of writing to do over the next week, so I'll be taking a break from Atlasia and the rest of the Atlas forum as I work on final projects and prepare for my graduation. I'll return before swearing in next Thursday.

I've temporarily disabled e-mail notifications except for private messages - if there's any urgent business to be dealt with before the session closes, please let me know via p.m.

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2012, 01:09:28 pm »
Ignore

I hereby move to reintroduce the Northeast School Uniforms Act as proposed in the last session by Assemblyman Winfield.

Carlos Danger
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2012, 10:52:58 am »
Ignore

Northeast Harassing and Frivolous Lawsuit Prevention Act

1.  Three Litigation Review Panels, a Boston panel representing New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont), a New York City panel representing New York, and a Philadelphia panel representing the Mid-Atlantic (Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania) shall be established.  Each panel shall consist of three judges, chosen randomly and rotated every three months.  Judges may choose to decline service on the Litigation Review Panel, in which case a different judge will be chosen to serve.

2.  a.  All plaintiffs shall be asked, as a condition of filing a lawsuit, to write a short summary of the complaint, no more than 1 page in single-spaced 12-point Times New Roman font on 8.5x11 paper with 1 inch margins.  Defendants may issue short rebuttals following the same regulations, provided they are submitted before the Litigation Review Panel reviews the case.

b.  The Litigation Review Panels shall review all such summaries as soon as they are filed, and may choose to allow the cases to go to trial, dismiss the case without prejudice by a simple majority of two, or dismiss the case with prejudice and/or order the plaintiff to pay the defendant's legal fees by a unanimous vote of three.

3.  If a judge has a conflict of interest on a case submitted to his or her Litigation Review Panel, it shall be submitted to one of the other two Litigation Review Panels for review.

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2012, 10:29:40 pm »
Ignore

The Northeast Minimum Wage Act of 2012

1. Provisions 2 and 3 of the New Northeast Minimum Wage Act are hereby repealed.
2. The Northeast minimum wage shall be equivalent to the current Federal minimum wage plus 50 cents.
3. The Northeast minimum wage shall increase concurrent to the Federal minimum wage.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 05, 2012, 08:48:41 pm »
Ignore

The Northeast Healthy Skin Act 2012

Given the cancerous causing effects of tanning beds on the human body, tanning beds and tanning salons are to be banned in the Northeast Region.

The ban shall be phased in over a period of one year.   

QUINNIPIAC POLL: SAYS OBAMA WORST PRESIDENT SINCE WORLD WAR II

QUINNIPIAC POLL: 45% SAY COUNTRY WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITH ROMNEY AS PRESIDENT, ONLY 38% SAY COUNTRY IS BETTER OFF WITH OBAMA AS PRESIDENT
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2012, 08:54:32 pm »
Ignore

The Northeast Healthy Skin Act 2012

Given the cancerous causing effects of tanning beds on the human body, tanning beds and tanning salons are to be banned in the Northeast Region.

The ban shall be phased in over a period of one year.   

AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2012, 06:08:17 pm »
Ignore

Vacancy Mitigation Act of 2012

1. When a vacancy occurs in the Northeast Assembly, the Governor shall have the power to appoint an Interim Representative.

2. Interim Representatives have the same powers as elected Representatives.

3. Interim Representatives serve until a special election to fill the vacancy is held and a new elected Representative is sworn in.

4. The Assembly may expel an Interim Representative by a majority vote of elected Representatives.

AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2012, 10:13:44 pm »
Ignore

EDIT: Withdrawn & re-introduced to move the NE Budget Procedure Act up in the queue.

Northeastern Annals Act

1. A thread will be opened and stickied in the Regional Governments board containing information relevant to the Northeast Region.  This thread will contain the following information, and will be updated as frequently as possible:
    A. A list of elected officials in the Northeast Region, including the Regional Senator.
    B. A brief description of the Northeast Region's government.
    C. A calendar with dates for all regional elections.
    D. A list of all passed, failed, and tabled legislation, with links to the relevant discussions.
    D. Any other information that is useful and relevant, as determined by the updater
    E. A list of references, including the New Northeast Constitution
2. The Northeast Speaker is charged with updating the Northeastern Annals, though he or she may delegate this duty if necessary.

Adapted from Yelnoc's Imperial Almanac Establishment Act
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:42:40 pm by AverroŽs Nix »Logged

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2012, 03:42:32 pm »
Ignore

Here goes........

Northeast Budget Procedure Act

Section One: Revenues
1. Each budget presented shall demonstrate sources of revenue in total dollars.
Federal funding-
Income taxation-
Sales taxation-
Property taxation-
Business taxation-
Excise taxation-

Section Two: Expenditures
1. Each budget presented shall demonstrate public expenditures in total dollars.
Law Enforcement/Military-
Education-
Health care-
Infrastructure (including transportation and utilities)-
Environment-
Administration-
Local governments (states, counties, municipalities)-
Miscellaneous (including other investments)-
2. Any spending bills must be tagged with their budget category. Duration of expenditure (one-time, short-term (in years), long-term (in effect until repealed via statute), etc.) shall be noted in the law.

Section Three: Responsibilites
1. The Governor is responsible for presenting a budget to the Assembly in accordance with the Constitution.
2. The Assembly shall hold an approval vote on the budget in the Northeast Assembly Thread to pass with a simple majority vote.
3. The Game Moderator and Secretary of Internal Affairs shall assist the Governor and Assembly by providing the necessary data.

Section Four: Future Budgets
1. Future budgets will be able to build off of previous budgets when applicable. Additional revenues and expenditures may be added to or removed from the budget via line-item.

AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2012, 09:41:48 pm »
Ignore

Northeastern Annals Act

1. A thread will be opened and stickied in the Regional Governments board containing information relevant to the Northeast Region.  This thread will contain the following information, and will be updated as frequently as possible:
    A. A list of elected officials in the Northeast Region, including the Regional Senator.
    B. A brief description of the Northeast Region's government.
    C. A calendar with dates for all regional elections.
    D. A list of all passed, failed, and tabled legislation, with links to the relevant discussions.
    D. Any other information that is useful and relevant, as determined by the updater
    E. A list of references, including the New Northeast Constitution
2. The Northeast Speaker is charged with updating the Northeastern Annals, though he or she may delegate this duty if necessary.

Adapted from Yelnoc's Imperial Almanac Establishment Act

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2012, 06:40:30 am »
Ignore

Northeast High Speed Rail Act

1. The Northeast Region shall establish a high speed rail authority to develop, construct and maintain a High Speed Rail network.
2. This system shall reach the major cities of the region.
3. The average speed of the network's trains shall not fall below 200 miles per hour.
4. A minimum of half all of all funding should come from non-public sources.

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2012, 10:29:50 am »
Ignore

Northeast Budget and Tax Committee Resolution.

The Governor, the Speaker and other named by the Assembly shall work with the SoIA and GM for no longer than two weeks to create a budget and taxation plan for the regions future.

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2012, 11:30:38 am »
Ignore

Northeast High Speed Rail Act

1. The Northeast Region shall establish a high speed rail authority to develop, construct and maintain a High Speed Rail network.
2. This system shall reach the major cities of the region.
3. The average speed of the network's trains shall not fall below 200 miles per hour.
4. A minimum of half all of all funding should come from non-public sources.

Having walked over to Penn Station and realizing that there are high-speed trains I hadn't seen before, I withdraw this bill.

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2012, 04:31:22 pm »
Ignore

Sbane Windfarm Act

1) Immediately allow establishment of wind farms on the entire continental shelf of the Northeast region.
2) Only big, slow rotating windmills that don't kill birds will be allowed.
3) There must be a community consultation process prior to the construction of any wind power turbine, as well as a environmental impact study of the site and surrounding area.
 4) The state can take part ownership of projects up to 49% in order to help startups and companies wanting to share the risk. Profits realized from the endeavor will be shared with the state, with profit sharing being proportional to ownership.
5) The state will assist utilities in building transmission lines to transport this energy from the coast. Improvements to the existing grid shall be made to accomodate this increase in electricity production and to deliver it efficiently to population centers.
6) Funding for provisions 4 and 5 shall come from the repeal of the Freedom to Drive Act. The Regional Gas Tax rate goes back to the level before the imposition of the moratorium.

AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 16, 2012, 10:56:13 pm »
Ignore

The Roscoe Conkling Equity Before the Law Act

1 - All fines issued to individuals in accordance with the laws of the Northeast Region will be indexed to personal income.

2 - Any person earning the median income for the region or less will pay all fines in full. Individuals earning more will pay an increased fine based on the following formula: [(personal income/median personal income) X standard fine].

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2012, 06:37:16 am »
Ignore

Since the Senate has deemed this to be in the purview of the regions, I am proposing it here.

Mind-Altering Substance Accountability Act of 2012

1. Any person who chooses to use mind-altering substances such as marijuana, LSD, alcohol, psilocybin, salvia, MDMA, etc. is responsible for their actions while under the influence of said substances.

2. If a person under the influence of mind-altering substances causes the death of another Atlasian, they are to be charged with Involuntary Manslaughter and sentenced according to standards set by the region in which the offense is committed.

3. If a person under the influence of mind-altering substances causes a vehicular accident that does not take the life of another Atlasian, but instead causes them severe injuries such as paralysis, coma or amputation, they are to be charged with Reckless Endangerment and sentenced according to standards set by the region in which the offense is committed.

4. If a person under the influence of mind-altering drugs is operating a motor vehicle and is pulled over by a law enforcement official, said law enforcement official reserves the right to test the offender for sobriety. If the offender is found to be impaired by any mind-altering substance, as outlined in Section 1, they are to be charged with Driving Under the Influence of a Mind Altering Substance and should be sentenced according to standards set by the region in which the offense is committed.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:26:55 pm by Severe Simfan34 »Logged

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2012, 10:23:17 am »
Ignore

I am also proposing this...

Anti-Gambling Exploitation Act of 2012

1. Gambling machines of any sort or kind are hereby prohibited from any establishment that serves alcohol or any other mind-altering substances such as marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, salvia, MDMA, etc.

2. Dedicated casinos are prohibited from serving alcohol on the gambling floor.

3. Any institution found to be acting in violation of these provisions shall be fined $20,000 on the first offense and $100,000 on the second with the permanent revocation of its liquor license.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2012, 01:50:18 pm »
Ignore

Repeal of the Northeast Wiki Reform Act

1.  The Northeast Wiki Reform Act is hereby repealed

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2012, 07:34:38 pm »
Ignore

I am re-reintroducing this, as I was going to draft my own but realized one had already been proposed:

Peoples' Defense Against Distracted Driving Act of 2012

1. All vehicle operators while driving in the Northeast Region shall be restricted from the following activities:

• using hand-held cell phones in any capacity
  • using electronic devices like laptop computers, video games, cameras, video entertainment displays and programming portable audio players, e.g. MP3 players
  • reading printed materials in the vehicle
  • writing, printing or sketching
  • personal grooming

2. The penalty for the first offense shall be a fine of $200.00

3. The penalty for the second offense shall be a fine of $600.00, and the driver must complete a mandatory distracted drivers course and a mandatory safe driving course

4. Any further offenses will result in a fine of $1000.00 per offence, with the suspension of the offender's license for a year.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:27:06 pm by Severe Simfan34 »Logged

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2012, 09:34:07 pm »
Ignore

Candidacy Declaration Act

1) Valid declarations of candidacy for scheduled Northeast elections must be posted in the Candidate Declaration Thread no more than two months prior to the scheduled election.
2) Valid declarations of candidacy for special Northeast elections  must be posted in the Candidate Declaration Thread after the election's announcement but before the election is set to begin.
3) Only valid declarations of candidacy will be listed on the ballot.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout