Northeast Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:49:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 99301 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: December 17, 2014, 09:48:14 AM »

The Amendment to the Smoking Age Standardization Act is to be repealed in its' entirety effective upon repeal

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #526 on: December 17, 2014, 09:53:08 AM »

The FitzGerald Act of August 2014 to be repealed in its' entirety effective upon repeal

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #527 on: December 17, 2014, 09:55:27 AM »

The Return to Normalcy Act is to be repealed in its' entirety effective upon repeal

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #528 on: December 17, 2014, 09:59:09 AM »

The Criminal Justice Modernization Act of 2014 to be repealed in its' entirety effective upon repeal

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #529 on: December 17, 2014, 10:01:30 AM »

The Deez Girls Ain't Loyal Act to be repealed in its' entirety effective upon repeal

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #530 on: December 17, 2014, 10:03:03 AM »

The Drug Liberalization Act to be repealed in its' entirety effective upon r epeal

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #531 on: December 17, 2014, 10:09:35 AM »

The Northeast Public Intoxication to be repealed in its' entirety effective upon repeal

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #532 on: December 17, 2014, 11:13:07 AM »

While I don't support the repeal of all these bills, I will sponsor them on behalf of Lincoln Republican.
SNJ1985
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #533 on: December 17, 2014, 12:20:01 PM »

I would like to co-sponsor Winfield's legislation; though with regards to the ''Cheech and Chong Act'', I do think people should still be allowed to cultivate hemp for industrial use as well as marijuana for medical purposes.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #534 on: December 17, 2014, 01:51:02 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2014, 10:17:49 PM by Lincoln Republican »

SirNick and Thomas, thank you for your comments.

Thank  you as well for being willing to sponsor these bills for me.  However, my term as a Northeast Representative begins tomorrow, December 18, 2014, so I will not be requiring a sponsor.

I am hopeful, that we as an Assembly of the people, will be able to work together in repealing or amending these bills, at least to the extent possible where we can work together on them.

Thank you.  

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #535 on: December 17, 2014, 06:30:05 PM »

I suppose the Speaker can be liberal in applying the rules here, but you are not yet a Representative, Winfield, and at the moment only have the right to introduce bills as a citizen. I suppose the new Speaker could be lenient enough to allow you keep the bills introduced once you take office, but there's certainly nothing in the SOAP to require that.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #536 on: December 17, 2014, 10:49:37 PM »

I suppose the Speaker can be liberal in applying the rules here, but you are not yet a Representative, Winfield, and at the moment only have the right to introduce bills as a citizen. I suppose the new Speaker could be lenient enough to allow you keep the bills introduced once you take office, but there's certainly nothing in the SOAP to require that.

Then I could withdraw the bills I have introduced as a citizen and re-introduce them on Thursday, December 18, 2014 which is when I will take office as a Representative.

On the other hand, SirNick was the first to offer to sponsor these bills in my behalf, so I could go that route.

Therefore, I would like to accept SirNick's kind offer to introduce these bills in my behalf.  Thank you SirNick.

Far be it from me to upset the SOAP.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #537 on: December 18, 2014, 09:48:55 AM »

Then I could withdraw the bills I have introduced as a citizen and re-introduce them on Thursday, December 18, 2014 which is when I will take office as a Representative.

On the other hand, SirNick was the first to offer to sponsor these bills in my behalf, so I could go that route.

Therefore, I would like to accept SirNick's kind offer to introduce these bills in my behalf.  Thank you SirNick.

I'll sponsor all of his bills. Consider them all introduced by me.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #538 on: December 18, 2014, 10:14:01 AM »

I'll sponsor all of his bills. Consider them all introduced by me.

Thank you SirNick.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #539 on: December 28, 2014, 01:39:51 AM »

Assembly Special Elections Act (Amendments) 2015

The Assembly Special Elections Act 2014 shall be amended as follows:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #540 on: December 28, 2014, 02:28:55 AM »

Providing Employment to Low-Income Inner-City Youths Act 2015

Section 1.
1. With sixty days of the coming of this act into law, the "Inner-City Employment and Redevelopment Agency," subsequently referred to as the "Agency," shall be established as an agency of the Northeast Government.
2. The Agency shall be headed by a Director, hereafter referred to as the "Director," who shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor.
3.  The Agency shall have a Board of Directors, which shall be composed as follows:
  • The Mayors of every city with a population at or exceeding 200,000 persons;
  • Community representatives of inner-city neighborhoods chosen by the respective mayor of the said city, with no more than four representatives per city;
  • The Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, and the Speaker of the Assembly;
  • The Director;
  • Five representatives of anti-poverty organizations or agencies within the Northeast; with two nominated by the Governor, one by the Lieutenant Governor, and one by the Speaker of the Assembly;
  • Fifteen representatives of non-profit, community oriented agencies of employments within the Northeast; with five nominated by the Governor, five by the Lieutenant Governor, and five by the Speaker of the Assembly;
  • The Federal Secretary of Internal Affairs or his representative;
  • Any other person(s) with expert knowledge in youth issues in inner-city communities as the Board of Directions might wish to nominate;

Section 2.
1. The remit of the Agency, executed by the Board of Directors, shall be as follows:
  • To understand, acknowledge, and promote that the most productive and effective solution to inner-city poverty, crime, violence, and social immobility is lack of access and opportunity to adequate education, training, and employment;
  • To establish an opportunities and employment network throughout large population areas in the Northeast that suffer from inner-city poverty, crime, violence, and social immobility;
  • Such a network shall seek to offer part-time employment of 25 hours a week to disadvantaged youths living in inner-city areas in jobs that emphasize emotional growth, cultural and community development, and social inclusion;
  • Such jobs must pay all said employees at the Federal or Regional minimum wage, whichever is higher;
  • To couple the above-mentioned employment with 10 hours a week of "social-emotional learning time" where said teenagers shall learn to develop and expand their interests, intellects, passions, talents, and abilities, in a way to grow their personalities to benefit themselves and society.

Section 3.
[Appropriations, to be debated later]
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #541 on: December 28, 2014, 03:17:22 AM »

Council for the Preservation of the Cultural Heritage of Indigenous Peoples Act 2015

Whereas, the Northeast Assembly recognizes that the area now encompassing the Northeast was occupied by tribes of indigenous peoples for thousands of years before European colonization; that such tribes were highly diverse and complex societies with a rich and profound cultural heritage; that the aforementioned cultural heritage was severally curtailed and eliminated both directly and indirectly over the centuries following European colonization; that many indigenous languages, oral and written histories, traditions, art forms, and customs, have become extinct, or are endanger of extinction within the Northeast; and that it is in the interest of the entire Northeast to preserve the surviving cultural heritage of its indigenous populations.

Section 1.
1. Within 60 days of this act coming into law, the Governor shall establish the Council for the Preservation of the Cultural Heritage of Indigenous Peoples (CPCHIP), referred to as the "Council" hereafter.
2. The Council shall be composed of representatives of the Government of the Northeast, appointed by the Governor, and representatives of every federally or regional recognized tribe of indigenous peoples within the Northeast.
3. The Council shall establish its own rules and orders of operation, and shall meet at least three times throughout the year.

Section 2.
1. The Council shall be charged with investigating the extent to which the cultural heritage (meaning  indigenous languages, oral and written histories, traditions, art forms, and customs) has become, or is in the process of becoming, extinct within the Northeast.
2. The Council shall establish centers throughout the Northeast to record and preserve the aforementioned cultural heritage for the benefit of the entire community.
3. The Council shall present an annual report to the Assembly on the progress of indigenous cultural preservation.

Section 3.
[Appropriations, to be debated later]
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #542 on: December 28, 2014, 05:00:15 AM »

Assembly Appointment Amendment 2015

The Assembly Special Elections Act 2014 shall be amended as follows:

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #543 on: December 30, 2014, 05:16:47 PM »

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #544 on: December 30, 2014, 05:33:50 PM »

^Motion to bump to the top of the queue.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #545 on: December 30, 2014, 05:38:23 PM »

Representatives: Please vote "Aye" if you believe the Amendment to the NE Sex Offender Reform Act should be bumped to the top of the queue. Please vote "Nay" if you believe it should retain its current position. Abstaining is also an option.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #546 on: December 30, 2014, 05:38:57 PM »

Nay
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #547 on: December 30, 2014, 06:31:49 PM »

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #548 on: December 30, 2014, 07:21:26 PM »

Representatives: Please vote "Aye" if you believe the Amendment to the NE Sex Offender Reform Act should be bumped to the top of the queue. Please vote "Nay" if you believe it should retain its current position. Abstaining is also an option.

Nay
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #549 on: December 30, 2014, 09:59:54 PM »

Nay. Sorry, but can we please talk about new things? I'm getting incredibly tired of having the same debates over and over.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies