2010 Gubernatorial Races by County
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:03:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2010 Gubernatorial Races by County
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2010 Gubernatorial Races by County  (Read 3074 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 05:44:36 PM »

Still have Baltimore County going Republican Wink
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 05:46:52 PM »

I wonder why Libertarians tend to do so well (relatively) in Georgia.  Obviously 2008 President was because Barr is from Georgia, but the LP has done well in other races recently over there.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2010, 05:51:19 PM »

I can't comment on Gray, but I do know the VP originally came from western Kansas, and I think Gray actually may have come from out west too.

The county is extremely rural, and you could probably reach out to half the voters at mass. The Libertarians actually beat the Democratic candidate in this county. It's not a Libertarian bastion by any means though, as the Libertarian only got 3 votes there in 2006.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 06:57:14 PM »

I wonder why Libertarians tend to do so well (relatively) in Georgia.  Obviously 2008 President was because Barr is from Georgia, but the LP has done well in other races recently over there.

Their main area of strength lies in the mountains and the Atlanta Metro area.

I'd gander the extreme north Georgia results are mainly because of some voters simply voting for the candidate they know won't win, in a race they know isn't competitive. Tongue

Also, they do have some base with the Atlanta and it's surrounding suburbs. In my opinion, those votes are mainly middle to upper middle class business people and also people how moved form another state to Atlanta.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 07:41:47 PM »

Libertarians are the only minor party with any level of ballot access in Georgia. It's almost impossible to get on the ballot for anything other than statewide elections.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 10:27:10 PM »

Still have Baltimore County going Republican Wink

Wow, I tried to fix that so many times.  My internet is kind of screwed up.  It should be fixed now. Smiley
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 10:29:50 PM »

Yes, it was also the only state where the libertarians came in third during the 2000 Presidential Election.   
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 11:53:17 AM »
« Edited: November 12, 2010, 11:58:54 AM by Bacon King »

Yes, it was also the only state where the libertarians came in third during the 2000 Presidential Election.   

I'd say that Georgia's Libertarian Party is the strongest state Libertarian Party in the country, actually. They ran candidates candidates for every statewide office this year and have been running candidates for the big offices for a while now; their candidates are generally sane and often make it onto the television debates. They do a lot of campaigning, attending political conferences across the state, get featured in city newspapers and on news stations, and even running a few TV ads sometimes.

Atlanta being home to people like Niel Boortz and other ideologically similar radio hosts helps too, I'm sure.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »

I'd say that Georgia's Libertarian Party is the strongest state Libertarian Party in the country, actually. They ran candidates candidates for every statewide office this year and have been running candidates for the big offices for a while now; their candidates are generally sane and often make it onto the television debates. They do a lot of campaigning, attending political conferences across the state, get featured in city newspapers and on news stations, and even running a few TV ads sometimes.

Atlanta being home to people like Niel Boortz and other ideologically similar radio hosts helps too, I'm sure.

I think Indiana has them beat. The LP there does all of that plus manages to get at least 5% in basically every statewide race.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies