Obama says Romney is running
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:02:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama says Romney is running
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Obama says Romney is running  (Read 2771 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 10:39:49 PM »

Romney is Obama's worst nightmare.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 10:50:25 PM »

Fixed for you.
LBJ Revivalist
ModerateDemocrat1990

Political Matrix
E: -5.87, S: -2.87

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 12:52:49 AM »

Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 06:19:04 AM »

We'll just wait until 2012 to settle this. I will say, however, that if there are an over abundance of candidates in the primary, that Palin could win. If Romney wins I could see someone like Rand Paul running as an independent.

This isn't Obama choosing his opponent - this is Obama acknowledging that Romney has a 99.9% chance of winning the nomination, just as McCain did in 2008, just as Dole did in 1996, and just as Bush did in 1988.

Yes, just like Bob Bennett, Mike Castle, Lisa Murkowski, Trey Grayson, Sue Lowden, Jane Norton, and Rick Lazio were all 99.9% certain to win their Republican primaries.

lol.

We are talking about a National Presidential Election, this year's Senate Elections have nothing to do with it.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 08:22:32 AM »

This isn't Obama choosing his opponent - this is Obama acknowledging that Romney has a 99.9% chance of winning the nomination, just as McCain did in 2008, just as Dole did in 1996, and just as Bush did in 1988.

Do you remember the primaries and the build up to them in 2008? McCain started out as a strong runner and very quickly went to a lost cause to "Oh, well, I guess he's not that bad." Romney went from frontrunner to a dog cruelty flippant flip flopping douche bag. He's still there as far as most of us with memories are concerned.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 08:52:35 AM »

I wonder if Obama is trying to make Romney into his opponent because he's decided for whatever reason that he's the one he'd prefer to face.

Agreed

Why on Earth would he prefer Romney to Palin?

Agreed. I'm beginning to think Obama's only chance of winning re-election is pulling a Harry Reid...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 11:16:11 AM »

I wonder if Obama is trying to make Romney into his opponent because he's decided for whatever reason that he's the one he'd prefer to face.

Agreed

Why on Earth would he prefer Romney to Palin?

He might think that she's viable in the primary. Sure, her ratings among Republicans is sky high (latest Gallup has her at 80% approval) but we all know there will be a strong effort from the powers that be in the party to stop her at all costs.
bonnavodah
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2010, 06:41:11 AM »

It was not a slip on Obama's part. It is obvious to the entire civilized world that Romney is running. There is not a day where he is not checking his excel table to see if he can win.

His chances for the nomination are also good. The GOP, with it's traditional "next in line" policy, may very well coronate him for the run. Would be better for him were he a southern baptist, say, but hey...

And Obama can beat him - soundly.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies