40th Senate PPT Election Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:11:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  40th Senate PPT Election Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 40th Senate PPT Election Thread  (Read 2486 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 08, 2010, 05:41:34 PM »

Official Ballot:

[]Bacon King
[]North Carolina Yankee
[]Write-in: ___

Senators, please vote Smiley
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 05:51:28 PM »

Official Ballot:

[]Bacon King
[X]North Carolina Yankee

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 06:04:41 PM »

Official Ballot:

[X]Bacon King
[]North Carolina Yankee
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 06:20:57 PM »

[ ]Bacon King
[X] NC Yankee
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 07:23:33 PM »

NC Yankee
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 07:44:37 PM »

NC Yankee
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 10:41:02 PM »

[1]Bacon King
[2]North Carolina Yankee
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 10:48:32 PM »

Bacon Queen
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 12:12:24 AM »

[1] Bacon King
[2] North Carolina Yankee
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 01:00:19 AM »

abstain on principle.

While I do indeed wish to be PPT again, the job of the President Pro Tempore is implicitly nonpartisan; I'd be no better than DWTL if I was getting elected to the position on a completely party-line vote.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 06:08:28 PM »

Bacon King: 4
North Carolina Yankee: 4
Abstaining: 1
Not-voting: 1

After thread has been going for over 72 hours and produced a tie, I have no choice but to cast, as President of the Senate, a tie-breaking vote, since with this, and after one Senator abstaining, majority is 5.

I wouldn't be surprised if there would be unprecedented and I took some legal advice before. I'd also like to Senators, specifically those who are active anywhere in the forum, but misses votes frequently, to take a job their were elected seriously and show up. It's really not a great sacrifice.

The decision is difficult because a choice is between two fine Senators and former experienced PPTs as well.

As President of the Senate, I'm casting a tie-breaking vote for Bacon King who I also declare President pro tempore of the 40th Senate.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 12:48:10 PM »

Because drama must finally end.

Senators, you have 48 additional hours for eventual chance of vote and, if you're yet to vote, to do so.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 07:22:44 PM »

Wow, all this controversy just because Kalwejt (and the JCP zombie Senate caucus) couldn't make one non-partisan-hack decision.

I didn't want to have to be the one to make the controversial tie-breaking decision, but since the Vice President has decided to shirk his duty (that seems to be a theme with members of this administration), fine.

Marokai wants me to do his job as Attorney General, and now I'll do Kalwejt's work as Vice President to cast the tie breaking vote for NC Yankee.

Both he and Bacon King have done fine jobs as PPTs in the past, but the consensus seems to be that BK is too inactive and everyone really wants NCY even though they won't vote for him. So let's move forward.

Hopefully there will be some new blood next time around so its not just the same two people switching back and forth into the office. This is not Delaware. Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 07:34:51 PM »

I really hope you'll not stick around and do damn job you've been elected for, Lib.

Is that a vote? Please post it formally.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 10:08:45 PM »

Marokai wants me to do his job as Attorney General, and now I'll do Kalwejt's work as Vice President to cast the tie breaking vote for NC Yankee.

I gave you the offer as a courtesy so you wouldn't just complain about who I chose. (Which you would have.)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 10:15:19 PM »

and now I'll do Kalwejt's work as Vice President to cast the tie breaking vote for NC Yankee.

Actually, it's your job to vote, period Tongue

Kal wouldn't get to break a tie for another two days, and the only reason there would be a tie is if you didn't vote in those two days.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 10:19:43 PM »

and now I'll do Kalwejt's work as Vice President to cast the tie breaking vote for NC Yankee.

Kal wouldn't get to break a tie for another two days, and the only reason there would be a tie is if you didn't vote in those two days.

"Abstain" is a valid vote too. Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 01:47:23 AM »

Only when you show up and say "abstain".
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 02:10:18 AM »

Indeed. Abstaining via not voting is very very irresponsible and should only be occuring during declared leave of absences.

Otherwise we might end singing "no time left for you....." Tongue
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 03:13:34 AM »

Indeed. Abstaining via not voting is very very irresponsible and should only be occuring during declared leave of absences.

You know, Yank, there's still time for me to change my vote...

Personally I preferred BK's less abrasive and less legalistic approach to the role of PPT, but I don't want to be accused of being a JCP partisan hack.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 03:39:11 AM »

You know, Yank, there's still time for me to change my vote...

Personally I preferred BK's less abrasive and less legalistic approach to the role of PPT, but I don't want to be accused of being a JCP partisan hack.

I am being serious, if you aren't carefull you will end up like BK almost did. Then who would fight for the Revolution? Wink

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 07:46:20 AM »

Yanke, I have an idea, since there been a lot of talks about automatical expelling of inactives.

We really should have tool to either force duded like Libertas to do their damn job, or get the hell out.

Maybe some law that would allow an automatical expell of a Senator, who missed, without any declaration of absence and with being active anywhere on Forum, a certain number of votes in session?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 08:07:04 PM »

Yanke, I have an idea, since there been a lot of talks about automatical expelling of inactives.

We really should have tool to either force duded like Libertas to do their damn job, or get the hell out.

Maybe some law that would allow an automatical expell of a Senator, who missed, without any declaration of absence and with being active anywhere on Forum, a certain number of votes in session?

That goes into dangerous territory. An objective activity standard based on Senate activity like is in the OSPR and will soon be in the Constitution is the best approach beyond that, well "thats what elections are for". Tongue

Who knows, maybe, I am leary of basing it on votes though.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 08:21:41 PM »

Ironic considering you and other members of this administration have been refusing to do your damn jobs this term.

And I've been more active and introduced more legislation than most of the other senators, particularly those from your own party. Roll Eyes
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 06:00:31 PM »

Ironic considering you and other members of this administration have been refusing to do your damn jobs this term.

And I've been more active and introduced more legislation than most of the other senators, particularly those from your own party. Roll Eyes

Libertas, you're an empty chair here and "but xxx is worse" is a very poor defense.

You taking no part in debates, you missed vast majority of votes in this session and in previous sessions... Hell, I remember my hearings for AG, not only you haven't bothered to ask any question, but you didn't vote.

Being Senator is a responsibility. Have a guts to take it. Being Senator is about some efforts... which I persume woulnd't be hard considering time you spending on Atlas. Being Senator is something more than adding a word "Senator" to your display name. Such inactivity is an insult toward Atlasian population.

There are a lot of dedicated people, also within Populares. Wouldn't you take an example from Dallasfan for example? He was active Senator.

By the way, you were suprised why I considered you arrogant. The reason is simple: you can't see your own flaws.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies