Red State Stereotype (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:52:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Red State Stereotype (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Red State Stereotype  (Read 13930 times)
Cashcow

« on: November 16, 2004, 04:04:13 PM »
« edited: November 16, 2004, 04:05:48 PM by Cashcow »

The main reason I didn't vote for Kerry was because he appears to be very friendly with the U.N. and Western Europe. Both seem to be anti-semitic and that scares me. Chirac is a good example. In France and Germany swastikas were spray painted on Jewish headstones in Jewish cemeteries and neither country appeared to be in a hurry to put an end to it. So I'm not impressed with receiving support and "permission" from the U.N. our our "allies". That was one of the main reasons I voted for Bush.
That is a very poor main reason to vote for a candidate. It's not like Clinton WASN'T friendly with the U.N....

Have you ever been to France? I am Jewish as well, and I lived in France for three months. I was just there for two weeks this summer. I'm sure you hear a lot about "French anti-semitism" from your conservative buddies, but honestly, it's not that much of a problem. It mostly stems from young Muslim immigrants of North Africa who dislike the large Jewish community in France. The French themselves abhor these acts - but there's really no way to prevent them.

Also, Germany has extremely strict laws against anti-semitism, which is why most of these acts are committed in France. So you're left with... France.
Cashcow

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 05:20:40 PM »

Your right about Germany. They do have many laws aimed at preventing anti-semitic crimes. I probably should not have mentioned them, but I still have some hard feelings towards them for what they did to my father and his family. That is something I've been working on all my life. They are building a memorial in Berlin for those victims of the holocaust. So, in hindsight, I should not have been so harsh on the Germans.
Believe me, I share your feelings. Much (if not a majority) of my family was killed in the Holocaust. But Germany has undergone more reform in this century than most other nations if any - just keep that in mind.
Cashcow

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 04:55:30 PM »

My regards to you as well TX.

indeed Chirac has clamped down heavily. He's even banned muslims from wearing headscarves in schools etc!
But that is just plain wrong.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies