PPP: Romney leads CA, CO, CT, NH; Huckabee leads IL, PA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:37:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PPP: Romney leads CA, CO, CT, NH; Huckabee leads IL, PA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: Romney leads CA, CO, CT, NH; Huckabee leads IL, PA  (Read 5857 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: November 10, 2010, 12:52:15 AM »

Let's face it, Romney is the only one of the major contenders of any substance and who is made of Presidential material.

He has the royal jelly so to speak.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 01:27:28 AM »

Does anyone doubt the GOP of today would be against abolishing slavery if it still existed?  The new costs of ending slavery would stifle businesses!  I'm not kidding.

Yes, I doubt it. 

In fact, Republicans would be the first to abolish slavery.  After all, the Republicans are the party of freedom.

The only reason the Democrat Party would abolish slavery is so they could pander to them to obtain a reliable voting block they could then take for granted.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 10:06:55 PM »

Does anyone doubt the GOP of today would be against abolishing slavery if it still existed?  The new costs of ending slavery would stifle businesses!  I'm not kidding.

Yes, I doubt it. 

In fact, Republicans would be the first to abolish slavery.  After all, the Republicans are the party of freedom.

The only reason the Democrat Party would abolish slavery is so they could pander to them to obtain a reliable voting block they could then take for granted.

Nobody is going to deny the Republican Party freed slaves. But also nobody is going to forget Republicans selling out Black community, Southern Strategy, abandoning civil rights principles, appealing to the racist in Dixie, "being neglect" etc. etc.

And Lincoln today would be teabagged by some conservative hero.

Hmmm, let me think

Robert Byrd, former member of the KKK.  I believe Byrd was a.................Democrat, yes, that's it.

Jessie Jackson, prominent civil rights leader, or so he likes to call himself, referred to New York City as..........uh..........oh yes, Hymietown.  Let me think, Jessie Jackson, uh..........oh yes, now I remember,  Democrat.

Senators who opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, tooth and nail

Hill and Sparkman of Alabama
Fulbright and McClellan of Arkansas
Holland and Smathers of Florida
Russell and Talmadge of Georgia
Ellender and Long of Louisiana
Eastland and Stennis of Mississippi
Ervin and Jordan of North Carolina
Johnston and Thurmond of South Carolina
Gore Sr. and Walters of Tennessee
H. Byrd and Robertson of Virginia
R. Byrd of West Virginia

Let me think for a moment, uh..........oh yes, all Democrats.  Thurmond later a Republican.   

The three most notorious opponents of school integration

Orval Faubus, Governor of Arkansas 
George Wallace, Governor of Alabama
Lester Maddox, Governor of Georgia

Now, I believe..........yes, that's right, all Democrats.

Hmmm, seems to me there have been an awful lot of prominent Democrat racists and segregationists.

Hmmm.

Interesting.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 11:24:57 PM »

the Democrats were in favor of racist and segregationist policies because they were appealing to the south. A major part of their voting bloc were racists. That doesn't mean that today's democrats, who are completely shut out from the south, who now have a majority of minority support, should be held accountable for actions of members of their party from a completely different political landscape. This is why it is irrelevant to point out that it was a Republican who freed the slaves. For the most part, politicians are beholden to their constituents, and the Republican Party's constituents were against slavery. Consider this: if slavery were still going on today, would it not take place in the South? And who is currently the party of the South?

Hmm.

Interesting.

Of course the whole slavery conversation is nonsense and irrelevant as mentioned earlier, but so was this post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the forum.

At least my details were historical facts.  Your scenario about slavery still going on today has no basis whatsoever in fact, therefore rendering your post even more irrelevant than mine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies