The Offices of the Internal Affairs Department
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:44:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Offices of the Internal Affairs Department
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Offices of the Internal Affairs Department  (Read 5821 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 05:37:47 PM »

I thank Pit for returning this office's inquiry... I hope the other regional leaders will follow his example.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 07:01:06 PM »

Regional Govt's

Look at the south's post if you need guidelines. It's not that hard. This economy demands action and I really need your help in order to do anything comprehensive.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 09:21:30 PM »

Most Pressing Need: Health Care, Infrastructure
Least Pressing Need: Sewer & Water Treatment Filtration
Amout of Money Requested: $20,000,000,000
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2010, 09:35:17 PM »

Most pressing need: Infrastructure and Education. Maybe Disaster relief. Obviously you can't predict that.

Least: Funding for New Energy resources.

The Midwest is requesting $ 12,500,000,000

Thank you for your time.

Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 10:14:50 PM »

Thank you for helping out. I still need the Pacific and the Northeast. You have until tomorrow before I go to the GM and he'll determine it for you.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 10:31:39 PM »

The reason I focused on energy and water in my proposals is that those are the things which are most essentiall and which the most concerns exist about their usage. Plus improvements in local water infrastructure will help improve the quality of and thus increase the use of home water instead of the purchase of bottled water. Marokai gave substantial sums to regular infrastructure (roads, highways, etc) last year. Thus I decided to focus some significant sums at energy production and water infrastructure. I would point out that these items received small amounts comparatively, especially if larger edcuation and infrastructure sections are included. Just thought I would explain my motivations in the outline. Smiley
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 10:35:46 PM »

The reason I focused on energy and water in my proposals is that those are the things which are most essentiall and which the most concerns exist about their usage. Plus improvements in local water infrastructure will help improve the quality of and thus increase the use of home water instead of the purchase of bottled water. Marokai gave substantial sums to regular infrastructure (roads, highways, etc) last year. Thus I decided to focus some significant sums at energy production and water infrastructure. I would point out that these items received small amounts comparatively, especially if larger edcuation and infrastructure sections are included. Just thought I would explain my motivations in the outline. Smiley

Very well. As soon as I hear from the Pacific and NE, I'll put together a proposal that I will bring before the Senate.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 10:56:39 PM »

Very well. As soon as I hear from the Pacific and NE, I'll put together a proposal that I will bring before the Senate.

I felt that there was some head shaking as to some of my selections from the responses of the Governors and thus why I felt the need to explain it. Wink As I said before, it was rough and more probably need to be added, including whole new catogories if necessary. 
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 03:25:13 AM »

Most Pressing Need: Energy, Infrastructure.
Least Pressing Need: I'm gonna take a leaf out tmthforu's book and say that Sewer & Water Treatment Filtration works pretty well as is.
Amout of Money Requested: $32,000,000,000

Sorry I'm so tardy getting back to you on this, Mr. Secretary. *sheepish*
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 06:43:32 PM »

Most Pressing Need: Regional Debt
Least Pressing Need: I'm going to follow Tmthforu94, Oakvale, and PiT and say Sewer & Water Treatment Filtration.
Amount of Money Requested: $10,000,000,000

Sorry about being so late btw. Sad
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 07:20:26 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2010, 07:23:05 PM by Secretary of Internal Affairs Doctor Cynic »

It's ok about being late....

NOTICE:

The Secretary of Internal Affairs, having recieved the necessary information from the regional governments will address the Atlasian Senate directly on the issue of the federal stimulus for the regions TONIGHT!
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2010, 12:04:01 AM »

I'm not sure where the best place to put this is, but shouldn't we hold up on this stimulus package until we get regional reports from the GM, otherwise we may be allocating money to not the most needy places. I mean obviously unemployment is a problem everywhere, but we haven't had our regional problem reports in months.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2010, 03:18:02 AM »

I'm not sure where the best place to put this is, but shouldn't we hold up on this stimulus package until we get regional reports from the GM, otherwise we may be allocating money to not the most needy places. I mean obviously unemployment is a problem everywhere, but we haven't had our regional problem reports in months.

Nope, because I've worked out numbers with the GM already. Just waiting for him to post them.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 01:40:27 AM »

NOTICE:

This office is instructing the Atlasian Senate to report to the SOIA on the progress of the $77.5 billion stimulus for the regions.

DOCTOR CYNIC
SECRETARY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 04:24:50 AM »

Stalled and for very good reason.

The requests are very vague and working them into a framework that gives each what they want is difficult.

Unless you intended for those requests to be handled as a separate bill? This has to be part of a comprehensive bill lest we be bogged down on two or three bills.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 09:57:50 AM »

The requests are very vague and working them into a framework that gives each what they want is difficult.

Unless you intended for those requests to be handled as a separate bill? This has to be part of a comprehensive bill lest we be bogged down on two or three bills.

I think the Senate should be able to figure out a group of bills to accomplish this. Requests that were asked for include another round of public works, renewable energy & infrastructure... I'm not asking for one specific bill, but I am directing the Senate to make sure that the totals asked for are gotten. If you have any issues relating to that, I direct you to the President. I did not list many specific proposals because I felt it was for the Senate to come up with where the money should go. I'm hoping someone other than you (you have been very good with this office) would take up some writing as well.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 04:08:43 PM »

I think the Senate should be able to figure out a group of bills to accomplish this. Requests that were asked for include another round of public works, renewable energy & infrastructure... I'm not asking for one specific bill, but I am directing the Senate to make sure that the totals asked for are gotten. If you have any issues relating to that, I direct you to the President. I did not list many specific proposals because I felt it was for the Senate to come up with where the money should go. I'm hoping someone other than you (you have been very good with this office) would take up some writing as well.

Listen its not work, its about getting it done period. Thats my number one concern.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2010, 06:11:37 PM »

Then you guys need to get it done. I don't expect you to get the bills by yourself, but if you do, you'll have my thanks. Why not frame each regions needs in 5 seperate bills. If you or another Senator brings a bill here, perhaps we can work on it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2010, 11:22:31 AM »

I posted this link a couple days ago in the SoIA's Address to Senate thread, but just in case it's been overlooked I'll post in here and in the Stimulus Bill thread as well.

Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »

NOTICE:

The SOIA will not be in office for the next several days while he attends to his fiancee moving in. We regret any inconvenience and we will take care of all backlog business upon return...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2010, 09:12:13 AM »

NOTICE:

The SOIA will not be in office for the next several days while he attends to his fiancee moving in. We regret any inconvenience and we will take care of all backlog business upon return...

UNACCEPTABLE!!! Are we to put up with neglect of duties simply because this man chooses to live in sin! Balderdash!!

And congratulations again. I'm sure you two will be ecstatically happy.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2010, 02:13:29 AM »

NOTICE:

The SOIA will be making a visit to each region. On the 20th, I will be visiting the NE, IDS & ME. On the 21st, I will be in the MW & Pacific. I will be opening myself to questions to those regional audiences, so I encourage any interested in Internal Affairs issues to drop in.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2010, 04:50:14 PM »

Unfortunately, I will be around sparingly until the 2nd.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2011, 06:12:53 AM »

I'm back.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2011, 08:21:26 PM »

Do you have a date in mind for releasing the Mideast Regional Budget numbers?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies