A Serious Dilemma 2012 - A short election timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:57:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Serious Dilemma 2012 - A short election timeline
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: A Serious Dilemma 2012 - A short election timeline  (Read 6860 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 03:10:09 PM »

Great!! However, if Paul managed to get +50% of the GOP voting for him.. I don't see him catching only 13% in the GE
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 06:22:42 PM »

Great!! However, if Paul managed to get +50% of the GOP voting for him.. I don't see him catching only 13% in the GE

He'd likely win because he'd bring in the Old Right, many social/religious conservatives anti-war folks of all stripes. Johnson and the Libertarian Party would endorse Paul. The Constituition Party would endorse Paul. I don't think the GOP establishment would sabatoge their own future credibility (the little they have) just to stop the father of the Tea Party. Besides the neocon/establishment/progressive wing has had the top of the ticket since Bush 41. Since 88 they have went 3-3 with both of Bush 43's disputed by many. In my lifetime ,when a conservative has led the GOP ticket,  they win as badly as the RandPaulslide of 2010.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 07:17:29 PM »

Thanks!

This was interesting....  I would have liked to see a tighter race, but very good.

I considered a tighter race, but I made it go the other way. I was writing it on a spree and I was getting tired towards the end, so ending it quickly was a bit easier. The focus of this, what I hope you see as the focus, is not the results of the election but the conversation within the GOP that I created. I think the conversation is a realistic one.

He'd likely win because he'd bring in the Old Right, many social/religious conservatives anti-war folks of all stripes. Johnson and the Libertarian Party would endorse Paul. The Constituition Party would endorse Paul. I don't think the GOP establishment would sabatoge their own future credibility (the little they have) just to stop the father of the Tea Party. Besides the neocon/establishment/progressive wing has had the top of the ticket since Bush 41. Since 88 they have went 3-3 with both of Bush 43's disputed by many. In my lifetime ,when a conservative has led the GOP ticket,  they win as badly as the RandPaulslide of 2010.

I'm not sure if the Libretarians would drop their campaign to endorse Paul. The GOP has made comments that sound like they would sabotage their own candidate, so if they did --it wouldn't surprise me.

I forgot the statistic I made up, but a Gallup poll showed a large portion of the GOP would not vote for Paul.  The stat I made up was before Otter and Trump was in the race, so their entrance, a lack of Republican establishment excitement/support and bad convention would drown Paul's numbers.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 07:37:23 PM »

It would make the establishment look bad not the Ron Paul folks if they sabatoged their own. Possibly end the current party system.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies