U.S. House Redistricting: Illinois (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:21:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  U.S. House Redistricting: Illinois (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: U.S. House Redistricting: Illinois  (Read 50469 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: November 13, 2010, 12:44:22 PM »
« edited: November 13, 2010, 01:18:11 PM by Torie »

I wonder if one just went wild, whether or not while still comporting with the VRA, the GOP could be held to just two seats, one in the collar counties, and one downstate. Tongue  You just dilute down the minority districts to the minimum necessary, and string out the Chicago districts to chew up the collar county precincts, and beyond.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 06:19:21 PM »

Do you have any feeling as to how aggressive the Dems will be Muon2 in getting rid of GOP seats in Illinois?  Will they settle for 2, or go for 6?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 11:01:44 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2010, 11:04:58 PM by Torie »

Do you have any feeling as to how aggressive the Dems will be Muon2 in getting rid of GOP seats in Illinois?  Will they settle for 2, or go for 6?

I have no inside info at this point, but it would seem reasonable to try to recover the four lost seats from this year. A new Hispanic seat, two suburban ones and one downstate should be possible.

You, my friend, should have run for governor. Why didn't you?  Smiley

If you check the Michigan redistricting thread, I think I came up with a plan to solve the Detroit metro area conundrum, and would appreciate your comments when you have time. Among other things, this lawyer relies on you for the law on these matters - you are just that good. Tongue  But I also think beyond that, I came up with the partisan deus ex machina. Unless of course, I missed something, which happens - often. Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies