Democrats watch better TV shows than Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:21:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Democrats watch better TV shows than Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats watch better TV shows than Republicans  (Read 8947 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: December 08, 2011, 04:14:20 PM »
« edited: December 08, 2011, 04:16:02 PM by memphis »

These are not the most popular shows with each demographic. They are the shows that have the greatest skew. I don't watch much tv, but Mad Men and the Daily Show are two of my favorites. Daily Show is understandable, but didn't think Mad Men would have a political orientation. Maybe it's too urban and critical or the inner workings of business for Republicans. My mother (also a Democrat) loves SVU. I find that show intensely repulsive. I'm certainly not in favor of censorship, but an entire show about child sex abuse doesn't sit well with me. Entertainment should not center around such a fundamentally awful topic.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 01:45:09 PM »

It is pretty fascinating how the top 15 is totally different for each party.
It has to be different. It's not a list of most popular shows per party. It's a list of which shows have the strongest partisan slant. And except for obvious ones like Glenn Beck, the skew isn't even that strong.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies