Office of Senator Angry AndrewCT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:47:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Angry AndrewCT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of Senator Angry AndrewCT  (Read 1702 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 11, 2010, 09:21:12 PM »

I've decided not to look for my old office.. This is going to be the office of the Senator who is tired of trying to play by the rules. Last term, last office, everything goes.

Feel free to post questions or comments.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 09:22:57 PM »

Why so angry?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 09:28:34 PM »

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 09:37:10 PM »

Last term? Sad
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 09:38:08 PM »

u mad?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 09:38:19 PM »

I'm actually a bit ticked off at the JCP strangle hold on the senate. NCY was a very active PPT and just got booted out on a purely partisan line vote for a non-Partisan job. Bacon King is a close friend of mine but even he will probably agree with this move. Absolutely disgusting.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 09:39:48 PM »

The days of working together, reaching across to other parties, and common sense are apparently over. I've been active in Atlasia for years, and in that time I like to think I've worked hard to bring the image of being someone who does what is right for the people, not a party. One of the things I hoped for when I ran for President was to bring my beliefs from when I started as a CJO, and bring people together for the coming good of Altasia. Stop partisan bickering, and make Atlasia enjoyable.

If I was elected, I had plans to make a cabinet people could be proud of. Picking who was the best person for the job, and hoping to have one person from each party represented in the Cabinet. Now,  we have a cabinet nearly dominated by one party. I've known BK for a while now, and he is a great guy. But now we have an possibly inactive PPT, when Yankee has proven himself time and time again as an affective, and efficiant leader for the Senate.

Apparently, that isnt going to be happening, and the spirit of bi-partisanship in Atlasia is dead, and I'm tired of fighting the fight that nobody wants to be a part of.  This is my last term in the Senate, and most likely my last time ever holding elected office in Atlasia again. What I have always feared is happening, and I'm not going into that cold dark night without a fight.

That, my friends.. is why so angry, and yes.... why so serious.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »

The days of working together, reaching across to other parties, and common sense are apparently over. I've been active in Atlasia for years, and in that time I like to think I've worked hard to bring the image of being someone who does what is right for the people, not a party. One of the things I hoped for when I ran for President was to bring my beliefs from when I started as a CJO, and bring people together for the coming good of Altasia. Stop partisan bickering, and make Atlasia enjoyable.

If I was elected, I had plans to make a cabinet people could be proud of. Picking who was the best person for the job, and hoping to have one person from each party represented in the Cabinet. Now,  we have a cabinet nearly dominated by one party. I've known BK for a while now, and he is a great guy. But now we have an possibly inactive PPT, when Yankee has proven himself time and time again as an affective, and efficiant leader for the Senate.

Apparently, that isnt going to be happening, and the spirit of bi-partisanship in Atlasia is dead, and I'm tired of fighting the fight that nobody wants to be a part of.  This is my last term in the Senate, and most likely my last time ever holding elected office in Atlasia again. What I have always feared is happening, and I'm not going into that cold dark night without a fight.
That, my friends.. is why so angry, and yes.... why so serious.

Well my friend I am there to aid you in the fight for truth, justice, and the American way.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »

Andrew, I admire your courage and dedication to this game. Atlasia has lost one of it's great bi-partisan leaders. It's certainly disappointing with the lack of bi-partisanship going on in our federal government. They just managed to make a non-partisan position partisan.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 09:53:45 PM »

Bacon King, by abstaining, actually gives right a majority to reelect Yankee as PPT. You can only blame a certain inactive Senator, who almost haven't voted in this session, and missed literally a tons of the votes, for not showing up.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 09:57:09 PM »

Bacon King, by abstaining, actually gives right a majority to reelect Yankee as PPT. You can only blame a certain inactive Senator, who almost haven't voted in this session, and missed literally a tons of the votes, for not showing up.
You could also give blame to the person who broke the tie.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 10:03:32 PM »

Libertas seems to enjoy just setting up controversies to watch them play out. Refusing to keep the court case against Antonio moving along so I'm stuck in a position to attack, and now, apparently refusing to show up and vote, which would've ended the PPT race without any fanfare and "ooooh me so angry at JCP" nonsense to instead lure Kalwejt into voting alongside the party like almost every single VP would do.

Kalwejt voted for his party member, who cares. He was forced into the position of having to vote because Libertas didn't show up, and he chose who he liked best. Let's all move on.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 10:04:09 PM »

This is what really got me angry. BK is a great person, but our new PPT is someone who hasnt been active, and has missed votes. Yankee has done a terrific job, and busted his ass to make sure everyone comes out to vote.

A non partisan office has become partisan... and that is what worries me.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 10:09:15 PM »

PPT races are always either partisan or subject to some sort of backroom wheeling and dealing, whether we like it or not, sadly. I remember a certain plucky upstart named "Marokai Blue" running against MasterJedi for the position of PPT and losing after a bunch of promises were made behind the scenes back and forth. (Shortly before MasterJedi decided to disappear from the Senate and I got in my "I told you so"s.) I'm sure if BK is an inactive PPT he will be similarly ousted.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 10:11:44 PM »

In spite of my position as the only vocal and active "liberal" on the Northeast Assembly, my past working with Inks as my Lt Governor in the Mideast, I have a record of working across party and political lines, and I hope I can do what I can, in my own little way, to restore a greater sense of bipartisanship in Atlasia, rather than the partisan political theatre it has been of late.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 10:12:53 PM »

In spite of my position as the only vocal and active "liberal" on the Northeast Assembly, my past working with Inks as my Lt Governor in the Mideast, I have a record of working across party and political lines, and I hope I can do what I can, in my own little way, to restore a greater sense of bipartisanship in Atlasia, rather than the partisan political theatre it has been of late.

And that is why I am happy you chose to serve in the Assembly. You are going to be a tremendous asset to the region.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 10:14:01 PM »

And that is why I am happy you chose to serve in the Assembly. You are going to be a tremendous asset to the region.

Hear hear!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 10:14:26 PM »

PPT races are always either partisan or subject to some sort of backroom wheeling and dealing, whether we like it or not, sadly. I remember a certain plucky upstart named "Marokai Blue" running against MasterJedi for the position of PPT and losing after a bunch of promises were made behind the scenes back and forth. (Shortly before MasterJedi decided to disappear from the Senate and I got in my "I told you so"s.) I'm sure if BK is an inactive PPT he will be similarly ousted.
Eh, while it has gotten ugly in the past, I think many can agree that this should be a non-partisan position. It's up to us, however, to make it that way. Personally, I always voted for the best candidate, even voting for you once. Wink I even voted for Bacon King over Yankee one time, casting the tie-breaking vote. (I could be wrong on the last part)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »

Hear hear!

Shucks guys....
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 11:25:34 AM »

**Official Statement from the office of the slightly angered Senator AndrewCT**

Good Morning Friends,

I would like to at this time once again thank you all for the support you have given me in the past. Sometimes, I like to think back to when I started, and wonder what could have happened. What if I never ran for the Senate when Moderate was President... what if I had chose Duke or SPC for my VP candidate insted of Afleitch.. things of that nature. But I'm thankful for so many people. First, I have to thank Mas. If it wasnt for him appointing me as Northeast CJO, I may never have been where I am now. Conor for encouraging me in my first run for Governor, and truely... I must thank the great citizens of the Northeast. They sent me to the Senate, and more importantly, they elected me Governor of the great region 5 times. I truely thank you all, even those who have moved to different regions.

Atlasia was always a fun place. There have been great people, and it has been an honor and privilage to serve with you all. I have no bad feelings twoards anyone.. those who have defeated me in any of my races, I thank you. When one door closes, another opens. When Bgwah defeated me in my first race for President, I went on to serve the great region of the Northeast again. When Morgan defeated me, I was given a new chance to serve the region, by winning elections to the Assembly.

But after all this time, I remember some of the things people have said, and look at the new and great people we have here. I first came into office years ago, and now it is time for others to take over. Its going to be a new day in Atlasia soon.. and I cant wait.

With that, I obviously announce that not only will I not be seeking re-election to the Senate, and that I am going to be retiring from elected office. My time is done here in Atlasia. Its been a great ride, and I thank you all for the support you have given me over the years. It has been an honor, and a privalage..truely. Thank you all again.

-Andrew
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 12:38:22 PM »

You're a class act, Andrew, and will certainly be missed. Hopefully, we will see your return one day. Smiley
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 02:52:39 PM »

Goodbye Senator Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 11:23:01 PM »

I will miss having you in the Senate. Sad
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 11:47:16 AM »

Sad
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2010, 11:33:15 AM »

Hey Everyone,

Its been obvious I havent been on the past few days, probably wont be on for atleast another few days, so there is high potential that I might miss votes. I've been sick the past few days and found out yesterday that I have asthmatic broncitis. Joy! So yeah, dont expect to see me around much.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies