Proposal.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:40:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Proposal.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Proposal.  (Read 4649 times)
hawkeye59
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 11, 2010, 10:26:00 PM »

How about we stop complaining about the lack of bipartisanship and actually do something about it?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 10:39:48 PM »

How about we stop complaining about the lack of bipartisanship and actually do something about it?

Because people try, and others just done care apparently.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 10:48:21 PM »

Because people try, and others just done care apparently.

Andrew, where were your values and morals when Afletisch made up uberpartisian RRP/DA only cabinet?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 10:54:15 PM »

Andrew, where were your values and morals when Afletisch made up uberpartisian RRP/DA only cabinet?

RG - Fritz
SoIA- Al
AG - Barnes
SoEA - Hashemite
SoFA - Franzl
GM - Purple State

I'm dying to hear your explanation on how this is an uberpartisan ticket. Not one person here is center-right. You have at least 4 liberals, a center-lefty, and a centrist. Al is a category by himself.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 10:56:44 PM »

RG - Fritz
SoIA- Al
AG - Barnes
SoEA - Hashemite
SoFA - Franzl
GM - Purple State

I'm dying to hear your explanation on how this is an uberpartisan ticket. Not one person here is center-right. You have at least 4 liberals, a center-lefty, and a centrist. Al is a category by himself.

Fritz was later addition. And we're talking about a partisian, since you all are whinning about bad evil JCP and innocent right in a regard of bipartisianship.

Well, Tmthforu, speaking about you, you were offered RG position you turned down after accepting. Fine. So we tapped Hans, who was unamiously confirmed by the Senate due to his qualification. Are you all going to scream about that too?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 11:01:28 PM »

Fritz was later addition. And we're talking about a partisian, since you all are whinning about bad evil JCP and innocent right in a regard of bipartisianship.

Well, Tmthforu, speaking about you, you were offered RG position you turned down after accepting. Fine. So we tapped Hans, who was unamiously confirmed by the Senate due to his qualification. Are you all going to scream about that too?
You failed to back up your statement that Afleitch's cabinet is partisan. The cabinet is closer to liberal partisan than it is conservative partisan, ironically.

I wish I could have taken the RG position, but an incident in my life caused concern on my future, and I wasn't going to take any chances. I also don't have excel, but that's not why I quit. I find the position to be pretty non-partisan, so I only care that Hans does a good job. And for the record, I haven't "screamed" once. Anyone who actually screams over Atlasia really needs to get a life.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 11:03:53 PM »

I hate bipartisanship, I love nonpartisanship.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 11:06:16 PM »

You failed to back up your statement that Afleitch's cabinet is partisan. The cabinet is closer to liberal partisan than it is conservative partisan, ironically.

I wish I could have taken the RG position, but an incident in my life caused concern on my future, and I wasn't going to take any chances. I also don't have excel, but that's not why I quit. I find the position to be pretty non-partisan, so I only care that Hans does a good job. And for the record, I haven't "screamed" once. Anyone who actually screams over Atlasia really needs to get a life.

Despite the fact there was no JCP-er in a cabinet, while I remembering DAers, RRPers in Bgwah, Lief cabinets for example.

Also, I'm sick and tired of your hipocrity. If you really don't "screaming", please never AIM me, and few other folks, with a full of rage chats again. Consider yourself blocked on AIM, Mr. "I'm hollier than you".
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 11:08:03 PM »

I hate bipartisanship, I love nonpartisanship.

There is a HUGE difference between bipartisanship for the sake of it, and working across those lines to get stuff done.

It doesn't mean we all become "moderate heroes"- stick to your guns, but also be willing to work together...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 11:13:16 PM »

Despite the fact there was no JCP-er in a cabinet, while I remembering DAers, RRPers in Bgwah, Lief cabinets for example.

Also, I'm sick and tired of your hipocrity. If you really don't "screaming", please never AIM me, and few other folks, with a full of rage chats again. Consider yourself blocked on AIM, Mr. "I'm hollier than you".
The issue here is bipartisanship. Afleitch composed a very bipartisan administration. It had one current JCP member in it, and several others who are closely aligned with the JCP. I'd also like to point out that while you claim this was a RPP/DA only cabinet, there were a couple members of it who weren't in either, and the only RPP member in this cabinet was the VP, Smid, who was actually elected.

Kalwejt, what upsets me is the fact you throw out accusations such as this one, then fail to adequately back them up. You can't expect to attack the right like this and get nothing in response. The motives behind BK becoming PPT are sad, with you and several others claiming that the JCP deserved it since they had a majority. This should be about electing the strongest candidate, regardless of political views or party affiliation.

I'm not being a hypocrite. I have a proven record of seeking bipartisnhip, from my time in the Senate to as Governor. I'm even comprosing with the left as we speak on a bill recently introduced in the Assembly.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 12:08:01 AM »

There's no point in arguing this. We all know what happened and it's silly to watch the left pretend like it isn't what we say it is. Yankee had done a fine job as PPT and there was no reason to fire him from a strictly non-partisan job. The only reason Kal broke the tie for BK was due to his party, which is sad but let's not pretend there were other motives.

That said, I don't want to drag BK through the mud. I just hope he's more active now than he has been since he's now leading the senate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 12:13:42 AM »

And to answer the OP question, there is plenty of bipartisanship in some areas, but this administration has proven to be one of the most partisan I have ever seen in atlasia. They simply dOnt care about anyone who isn't in their party or didn't vote for them, as evidence by their cabinet picks and now by this move. It's really a frustrating thing because I think many people wish it wasn't that way.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 12:23:50 AM »

And to answer the OP question, there is plenty of bipartisanship in some areas, but this administration has proven to be one of the most partisan I have ever seen in atlasia. They simply dOnt care about anyone who isn't in their party or didn't vote for them, as evidence by their cabinet picks and now by this move. It's really a frustrating thing because I think many people wish it wasn't that way.

You know I like you, Duke, but seriously, ya'll need to get a grip here. Fritz has been in office for, like, a week. Kalwejt broke the tie only because he was forced to due to Libertas not voting, and voted for his party like every other VP in the history of ever. If you want bipartisanship, starting the first week of the Administration by accusing us of being commie monsters is a really great way to help.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 05:15:25 AM »

On the cabinet picks, two times did I ask a POP member to apply for an open cabinet position. He eventually told me he did not want it.

People don't get cabinet positions if they do not apply. I applied even though I was told by someone that I did not have to.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 07:49:32 AM »

The Vice President thinks my cabinet wasn't bi/tri/quadri-partisan? Seriously? It was as varied as I could make it based on skills and experience.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 08:54:32 AM »

Holy sh**t, why does everybody see me as some JCP partisan hack? It's really pissing me off.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 08:59:53 AM »

Holy sh**t, why does everybody see me as some JCP partisan hack? It's really pissing me off.

You didn't know you're a JCP longtime hack? Tongue

As of SoEA, under Purple State we had an independent SoEA, and now, under Fritz, we have de facto (member of own one-member joke party) independent as well. Here situation did not change.

So, please exclude Hash from this bitchfest. He didn't deserve that.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 09:24:56 AM »

I wish there would never be situation of me casting a tie-breaker, because I was well aware that either way, I'll face a storm. When voted for Bacon King, we see it now, but I can easily imagine some reactions I'd face "Kalwejt is such a moderate hero trying to be so bipartisan to appear good".

Obviously, I became right's all-favorite beating boy. I'm the one receiving all complains, I'm the one people are literally yelling at on AIM (so, to certain posters, cut the crap off with "I'm not getting emotional over the game")... Well, obviously that is going to be my role for next over three months and I have to accept. Too bad, guys, none of you have a guts to confront the President directly or try to talk with him. Maybe, if you were little more open in communicating with the decider, situation would overall looks diffrent.

I'm under impression, while I certainly can accept our share of responsibility, that right never were quite interested in a bipartisianism. Of course President can invite people to the cabinet, but did you guys thought it all requires some interest from your side? It's not like you'll stand and waiting for a share.

This administration was facing more attacks and hostility even before taking office than any other I remember, and if that all wasn't even a little bit partisian then we're living in a Monty Python world. You're blaming us for everything, but think what you could do, didn't do or did. I really despise "I'm holier than you" attitude, guys.

Oh, if you're going to claim the Fritz Presidency is 100% Parisian, please look at our Recruiting Task Force efforts, where people of all major parties are participating in, even if we're aware other parties may benefit even more from recruitment than JCP.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 12:44:28 PM »

By the way, since you started to jump at President and administration regarding PPT case, I'd like to make one thing clear. Tie-breaking vote for Bacon King was decision made solely by me. If you want to jump at someone, jump at Kalwejt, but please f**k off with your partisan attacks on President. If Fritz is going to be displeased with not consulting him regarding this, I offer my immediate resignation to him.

Thank you very much.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 01:48:56 PM »

It appears the only choice to resolve this nasty dispute is me stepping down and taking a full responsibility for this action. Obviously, I cannot be any asset to Fritz administration in this situation and under these sentiments. It's also a question of some personal dignity. When Franzl messed up voting booth, he fixed things and then stepped down as SoFA. And this is only example I can follow at the moment.

I hoped that, as Vice President, I can contribute futher to Atlasia, the way I was doing as Northeast Representative, Midwest Lt. Governor, Althing Presiding Officer and Attorney General. Looks like it's not the place. I only hope now that in some time people around would no longer view me as some monster of partisanism, and would appreciate a lot of personal time I dedicated to this game.
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 02:14:14 PM »

Come on Kal. There is no reason to resign just because a few bad losers have no idea of life.  The life isn't fair and for a loser of a election twice Grin. You did nothing wrong. Let them cry and laugh about them. The funny part is they don't make it different when the majority is on their side.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 02:23:45 PM »

How many times must we highlight the bipartisanship of the last right administration before you all will stop saying "you did the same thing!" It's like talking to a wall. Look guys, it's over and done with and we should move on, but I have to call people out on that BS.

But really, the extreme arrogance is just really gross. Don't tell someone to f**k off if you're the VP. You have some standard to uphold.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 02:36:34 PM »

How many times must we highlight the bipartisanship of the last right administration before you all will stop saying "you did the same thing!" It's like talking to a wall. Look guys, it's over and done with and we should move on, but I have to call people out on that BS.

But really, the extreme arrogance is just really gross. Don't tell someone to f**k off if you're the VP. You have some standard to uphold.
'

Well, Duke, I'd really appreciate if you'd put yourself in my shoes for a moment. I don't wish anyone no-win situation like I just had. Voted for BK: becoming a key villain in Atlasia. Voting for Yankee, and I'd be called sellout, moderate hero, traitor... take your pick.

Obviously, my presence in administration become a great problem for right and if my resignation can help developing a futher cooperation and easing tention between administration and opposition, I'm glad to leave.

Just please, don't kick the dead guy I am anymore, ok? And please cease a bulls**t yourself. PPT stuff was my decision only and none of you can blame Fritz for that. So much talking about higher standards.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 02:38:29 PM »

And yes, we may stop this bitching fest right now. PPT election is prolonged for two more days and I'm resigning.

Can we move along?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 02:58:52 PM »

No one is asking for you to resign. Come on now! Politics is about debate and disagreements. It's not like I have a personal hatred for you, far from it, but I am mainly hitting on Hans' point when he says the right is also just as partisan when that wasn't the case with our last administration. I have the right, and the duty, to say something. Hell, I've been called a lot worse in my past and I kept on truckin' Tongue

Hang in there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies