Straha joined the GOP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:26:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Straha joined the GOP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Straha joined the GOP  (Read 2336 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 11:57:42 PM »

I'm referring to the lack of class-based voting in the US mostly. You can't quite tell a persons' partisan leanings in the US just by background or income.

Of course it's mostly referring to his claim the Democrats are the party of "rich gentry, trial lawyers and blacks" and the Republicans of everyone else, which is quite far from the truth. The only one of those which my 89% for Obama neighborhood has a significant number of is blacks and even then it's only about 25%, so there are clearly other people voting for the Democrats.

You left out the horde of government employees from your Dem checklist. Tongue
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 01:44:20 AM »

I have risen from the dead in order to applaud this move by Straha, a humble man in search of the truth.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2010, 03:00:16 AM »

I'm referring to the lack of class-based voting in the US mostly. You can't quite tell a persons' partisan leanings in the US just by background or income.

Of course it's mostly referring to his claim the Democrats are the party of "rich gentry, trial lawyers and blacks" and the Republicans of everyone else, which is quite far from the truth. The only one of those which my 89% for Obama neighborhood has a significant number of is blacks and even then it's only about 25%, so there are clearly other people voting for the Democrats.

You left out the horde of government employees from your Dem checklist. Tongue

You know what's quite amusing? The number of people in the scene who are also government employees. I know tons who work for the city of Minneapolis or Hennepin County or the state. I wonder what the reaction would be of the anarchist punks of the 80s if you went back in time and told them that 20-30 years later their spiritual descendants would all be working for or at least supportive of the government while the conservative opposition would be the ones opposed.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 06:33:06 AM »

He voted for McCain anyway supposedly.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies