Pre-Registration Act (Defeated)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:00:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pre-Registration Act (Defeated)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Pre-Registration Act (Defeated)  (Read 4949 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2010, 05:33:32 PM »

Could we see what this bill being voted on looks like, as amended?  I don't think the final version was ever posted.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2010, 06:43:02 PM »

Nay
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2010, 08:01:55 PM »

Could we see what this bill being voted on looks like, as amended?  I don't think the final version was ever posted.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=127988.msg2727841#msg2727841

Its right here.

I don't post an "as amended version" if its already on the same page as where I start a final vote. Granted he didn't put it in quote boxes so it was hard to dissect from the post.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2010, 09:40:52 PM »

This bill has enough votes to fail, Senators have 24 hours to change their votes.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2010, 10:26:04 PM »

Would Senators be more likely to vote for this act if a clause was added that required the member to have attained the amount of posts within a certain period of time after registering to Atlasia? That way, you wouldn't have someone hitting the requirements, let's say, a year after registering. Possibly a month or so?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2010, 10:45:34 PM »

Would Senators be more likely to vote for this act if a clause was added that required the member to have attained the amount of posts within a certain period of time after registering to Atlasia? That way, you wouldn't have someone hitting the requirements, let's say, a year after registering. Possibly a month or so?

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The current text of the bill doesn't even include at automatic validation of these people once they meet the requirements.

It also, has the pre-registration thread demanded by the RG.

The problem is the bill creates a second thread for no purpose other then giving them the joy of practicing their registration. They have to register after meeting the requirements just like they do now. So the bill lost its original purpose via amendment.

A time constrain would have been a postive addition to the bill and would have made me more willing to support it. The original purpose would have had to have been maintained though.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2010, 10:48:52 PM »

This has failed.
Nay (5): Ahduke99, AndrewCT, bgwah, Eraserhead, and NC Yankee
Aye (3): Bacon King, HappyWarrior, and Snowguy
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2010, 11:09:40 PM »

The current text of the bill doesn't even include at automatic validation of these people once they meet the requirements.

The problem is the bill creates a second thread for no purpose other then giving them the joy of practicing their registration. They have to register after meeting the requirements just like they do now. So the bill lost its original purpose via amendment.

A time constrain would have been a postive addition to the bill and would have made me more willing to support it. The original purpose would have had to have been maintained though.
I understand your problem with it, and don't blame you for voting nay on this version. I hope the Senate will consider making the necessary amendments to get this passed and actually useful, because I think the purpose of this is very good.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2010, 11:20:12 PM »

I understand your problem with it, and don't blame you for voting nay on this version. I hope the Senate will consider making the necessary amendments to get this passed and actually useful, because I think the purpose of this is very good.

I am afraid this bill will not be amended anymore as it has been murdered in a most brutal fashion.

A future action on the matter will require a new bill.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies