Murkowski won't support Palin for POTUS because she is an airbrain
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:13:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Murkowski won't support Palin for POTUS because she is an airbrain
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Murkowski won't support Palin for POTUS because she is an airbrain  (Read 1428 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 16, 2010, 11:19:48 AM »
« edited: November 16, 2010, 12:41:37 PM by Torie »

Well, she said that Palin lacks "intellectual curiosity," words which I have used myself on this very forum. Anyway, those two women seem do really dislike each other, don't they?  Tongue

By the way, I quite enjoyed the TLC show on Palin's Alaska. She has quite an engaging personality.  She is an athletic extrovert. She would be great running a summer camp or something. And the shots of the two bears fighting in the river were awesome. It kind of reminded me of what goes on in the courtroom.  Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 11:28:03 AM »

Why does anyone care what a crybaby nepotist says?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:51:16 AM »

Because she speaks for a very large number of Republicans in elected office who fear a Palin candidacy but are reluctant to speak their minds on this issue and risk being attacked. Murkowski has already faced down Palin's brigades and defeated them.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:53:56 AM »
« Edited: November 16, 2010, 11:56:06 AM by Excessive hyperbole personified. »

Because she speaks for a very large number of Republicans in elected office who fear a Palin candidacy but are reluctant to speak their minds on this issue and risk being attacked. Murkowski has already faced down Palin's brigades and defeated them.

Amen.....I'm not a Murkowski fan but I'd love to see a cat fight between these two........I just can't stand Palin anymore......not even for a one sentence sound bite.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 11:59:07 AM »

Also, States, the fact that Murkowski is such an undistinguished senator and still won the fight is a mark in her favor.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 12:04:14 PM »

Well she's right.

And why should she support Palin? Makes as much sense as Mike Castle supporting Christine O'Donnell.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 12:09:48 PM »

Also, States, the fact that Murkowski is such an undistinguished senator and still won the fight is a mark in her favor.

Actually I don't personally care about her, she's a nepotist, scum and a backstabber to the party.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 12:11:17 PM »

Murkowski could do well not to accuse others of being unintelligent.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 12:13:07 PM »

Actually I don't personally care about her, she's a nepotist, scum and a backstabber to the party.

Why do you consider her a backstabber? I expect she will continue to be a largely party-line Republican in the next few congresses.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 12:14:34 PM »

Why do you consider her a backstabber? I expect she will continue to be a largely party-line Republican in the next few congresses.

She's a tossup, I don't believe she'd vote with the party, however, with this election she MAY change her mind and reverse course.
beneficii
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 12:23:04 PM »

LOL, Palin responded complaining that Murkowski was intimidating her.  Just another clueless wingnut who doesn't understand that someone's beliefs being criticized is just as much protected as expressing their own beliefs.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 12:27:54 PM »

LOL, Palin responded complaining that Murkowski was intimidating her. 

Yeah, I bet she hasn't felt that intimidated since Katie Couric asked her what newspapers she reads.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 02:47:34 PM »

In other news, the sky is blue.

Murkowski would never support Palin under any circumstance because of what Palin did to her dad. 
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 08:20:33 PM »

In other news, the sky is blue.

Murkowski would never support Palin under any circumstance because of what Palin did to her dad. 

Indeed. Alaska politics is just as rough and tumble as the state itself.

She isn't the sharpest tool in the shed herself.

She got lucky. This was Miller's to lose as soon as he won the primary.

"Palin's brigades".

Do you really want to validate and make acceptable the type of people backing Murkowski just to get at Palin. She had a combination of gov't contractors, defense, construction, and oil entities behind her. Many of whom benefitted financially because of her father's earmarks during his time in the Senate, and from his time as Governor. Aren't those the very definition of "special interests"? The very ones, Obama has railed against?

I will take, Palin's brigades" over Murkowski's backers, and I don't even like Palin that much.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 11:57:20 PM »

I'm no fan of special interests, but the rhetoric against them goes overboard (including Obama's-- the lobbyists he shut out are often a bad influence, but they also do help provide expertise in writing legislation). In any country where there are independently organized associations that are allowed to engage in political activity you will have special interests. You know which country doesn't allow them? The People's Republic of China. The political system just needs to be tempered with campaign finance reform so that the influence of money in particular is more limited than now.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 12:37:45 AM »

I'm no fan of special interests, but the rhetoric against them goes overboard (including Obama's-- the lobbyists he shut out are often a bad influence, but they also do help provide expertise in writing legislation). In any country where there are independently organized associations that are allowed to engage in political activity you will have special interests. You know which country doesn't allow them? The People's Republic of China. The political system just needs to be tempered with campaign finance reform so that the influence of money in particular is more limited than now.

I am sorry, but I was deeply troubled by the garbage I saw in 2005 and 2006 in the GOP. It seemed to me the best approach was to clean house. And Alaska seemed like a perfect target. They are a hinderance and a distraction from the GOP's goals.

I have no problem with special interests existing but there comes a point where a politician is just so in bed with them and so wetted to them that its time for them to go.

I frankly don't discriminate, a special interest is a special interest and when one gets too powerfull, they should be curbed, whether its the oil companies or the environmental movement, big business or big labor.

I have no problem with money in politics, as it opens up the process in many ways. A better way to reform would be to allow unlimited individual donations with 100% next day disclosure. That way, incumbents don't have unfair advantage; you don't have gov't subsidizing the campaignes of birthers, truthers, and Lyrouchites; and we would know who is being funded by who.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 08:51:37 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2010, 08:55:47 AM by brittain33 »

I will take, Palin's brigades" over Murkowski's backers, and I don't even like Palin that much.

I'm not a fan of Murkowski. My problem with Palin's brigades is that there's enough of them who take their politics so personally that they can unleash a tsunami of personal destruction on whomever Palin identifies as "persecuting" her family that they can make that person's life a living hell and destroy them professionally. My problem with their behavior in 2010, and this is a problem most Republicans have, is that they elevate these unethical, unprofessional, and often loony people to office nominations based only on their mouthing some platitudes about constitutional conservatism without any examination of their ridiculous pasts. Joe Miller as a nominee was an offense against the voting public and it has zero to do with his stated beliefs. Murkowski is corrupt and represents what's wrong with Alaska politics, she deserved an ethical challenger, but Joe Miller represents what's even worse about national politics today.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 10:14:23 PM »

Apparently in Brazil a clown elected to the Senate must first pass a literacy test before being seated.

Is there a similar rule in the United States?

http://sify.com/news/clown-elected-to-brazil-congress-takes-literacy-test-news-international-klnlagecebb.html
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 04:23:24 AM »

Apparently in Brazil a clown elected to the Senate must first pass a literacy test before being seated.

Is there a similar rule in the United States?

http://sify.com/news/clown-elected-to-brazil-congress-takes-literacy-test-news-international-klnlagecebb.html

Inhofe and Demint are Senators.  I think that means no.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 03:10:51 PM »

Amen.....I'm not a Murkowski fan but I'd love to see a cat fight between these two........I just can't stand Palin anymore......not even for a one sentence sound bite.

Well, her folksy overdone fake pseudo-Minnesotan accent doesn't help.

"ooooh yaaaaa, ya know.. them folks are just tryin ta werk reeeel hard an pra-vide fer their families now don'tcha know!  I'll tell ya what up der in Alaska folks are just so gosh-darned tough... out there shootin' them grizzly bears an' wolves from da helicopter n all.  Boy that sure takes some guts an' an uh-pree-shee-ay-shun for the real A-mayr-i-ca don'tcha know!  You betcha!"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies