MA: Regional Budget (In the works) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:22:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Regional Budget (In the works) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Regional Budget (In the works)  (Read 27342 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: November 18, 2010, 10:01:03 PM »

Have to agree with Ben on education. I'd like to see a couple more billion invested into it. We had a more in-depth plan on it earlier, I just can't seem to find the written-up version of it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 05:55:52 PM »

The federal government is spending 64 billion for education.

We're spending about half that but we are only 1/5 of the country. I don't think we should increase education spending unless someone lays out a very specific plan of how the money will be spent.
Great point. Not only in education, but across the board, I worry we're spending way too much. A regional report by the GM would be greatly appreciated on this matter, so we can have something to work with.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 11:57:15 AM »

If the Reichstag Assembly would please take a break from trying to enact the editoral page of The National Review into law, I might get a chance to work on data for the budget. Tongue

You are free to leave that debate up to the Assembly and other members of the region if you would like to be able to focus on the budget then Smiley

I'd like nothing more, A-Bob. But with the Assembly and Governors office entirely consisting of right-wingers (minus Junkie), it feels like its fallen to me to be the de facto opposition representative of anyone in the Mideast to the left of Attila the Hun. Tongue
First off, I somewhat take offense to being labeled a right-winger, as my record both in the Senate and as Governor reflect otherwise. On several pieces of legislation, I have rejected some of the Assembly's rightist requests, and tried to compromise. Similar to the position Mitt Romney was in as Governor, there's not really a whole lot I can do, as the conservatives have numbers to override me. So the best I can do is tone down the legislation a bit. You act like you're being completely ignored, and that's not the case. I've taken in your suggestions on multiple occasions, especially on the union bill, and have made amendments to meet your requests.

Badger, you keep whining and moaning about the work being done in this Assembly. You know, we wouldn't be passing all these right-wing bills if we'd have something to work with from the GM's office. All you've given us to this point is a vague unemployment number that shows the work we've done in the past few months has lowered our unemployment numbers. Maybe instead of constantly complaining about the work we're doing and messaging every single moderate or liberal in the region, urging them to run for the Assembly or for Governor, you could actually do your job and give us the reports we've been asking for since you took your job several months ago. And if you really have a problem with the work being done in the Mideast, why don't you run for office yourself?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 01:17:22 PM »

If the Reichstag Assembly would please take a break from trying to enact the editoral page of The National Review into law, I might get a chance to work on data for the budget. Tongue

You are free to leave that debate up to the Assembly and other members of the region if you would like to be able to focus on the budget then Smiley

I'd like nothing more, A-Bob. But with the Assembly and Governors office entirely consisting of right-wingers (minus Junkie), it feels like its fallen to me to be the de facto opposition representative of anyone in the Mideast to the left of Attila the Hun. Tongue
First off, I somewhat take offense to being labeled a right-winger, as my record both in the Senate and as Governor reflect otherwise. On several pieces of legislation, I have rejected some of the Assembly's rightist requests, and tried to compromise. Similar to the position Mitt Romney was in as Governor, there's not really a whole lot I can do, as the conservatives have numbers to override me. So the best I can do is tone down the legislation a bit. You act like you're being completely ignored, and that's not the case. I've taken in your suggestions on multiple occasions, especially on the union bill, and have made amendments to meet your requests.

Badger, you keep whining and moaning about the work being done in this Assembly. You know, we wouldn't be passing all these right-wing bills if we'd have something to work with from the GM's office. All you've given us to this point is a vague unemployment number that shows the work we've done in the past few months has lowered our unemployment numbers. Maybe instead of constantly complaining about the work we're doing and messaging every single moderate or liberal in the region, urging them to run for the Assembly or for Governor, you could actually do your job and give us the reports we've been asking for since you took your job several months ago. And if you really have a problem with the work being done in the Mideast, why don't you run for office yourself?

BTW: Please don't try to place the responsibility, Governor, of the above bolded part as a lack of a budget analysis from the GM's Office. Much of the Assembly seems quite committed to its cause of action regardless. Roll Eyes

You wrote a very well reasoned post, Isaac, albeit I disagree with it as previously noted. As far as that silly line, however, I'm calling you on it. Wink

But hey, if a budget analysis will really distract the Assembly even temporarily with something new and shiny, I'll be on it in an hour after coming back from lunch. Tongue

Maybe that line is a little dramatic, but I personally know from grumblings from a couple Assemblymembers that they'd much rather be working on finishing this budget than passing these bills. Wink I appreciate your commitment to the region and your position, Badger, and look forward to critically assessing your report. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:34:40 PM »

This is a quote from my re-election thread where A-Bob asked about ideas for balancing the budget. I'm no expert on what's expected where, but there were things that I had questions on or believed un-necessary.

What specific cuts would you make in the budget and/or tax increases to make up for our projected budget shortfall?

I decided to go over the budget and see what was going on. I came up with two categories for the things I wrote down: "What is this?", and "What is oure role in this?" I'd appreciate an amount of explanation for category one, and an a reason why we're funding category two.

What is this?
Updating Energy Infrastructure
I'm wondering what that means and how it translates into action.

What is oure role in this?
Mental health and substance abuse (Is the reason we're paying for this crime control, or general humanitarianism?)
Agricultural research (It's probably normal for a government to fund research, but why?)
Crop Insurance (Are there private agencies for this? Do people pay, or do they get it for free?)
Fund for alternative energy (Again, I know most government fund this, but why? I'd at least consider leaving it up to private enterprise to research)
Vocational Education (Is this like trade school? I can understand K-12, but please explain this)

I'd like these questions answered.
Everthing related to energy is best answered by Governor tmth as he's the one pushing for a large economy economy. For mental health and abuse, that helps overall with not just criminals, but potential would be dangerous people, it would help reform criminals as well as stop certain people from continuing a destructive path. Governments have always given out grants for research, agriculture as well in order to improve effiency, reduce costs, and create healthier crops. With alternative energy research, again, government's give out grants to those that can show promising results.
You're correct, I'm pushing for a large economy economy. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 09:42:55 AM »

It lives!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length