The Creation of the "Atlas Freedom Party".
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:52:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Creation of the "Atlas Freedom Party".
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Creation of the "Atlas Freedom Party".  (Read 3930 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 17, 2004, 02:23:13 PM »

(I walk up to podium)

Hello, I'm here today to announce both my bid for the Senate...

(loud cheers)

And the creation of the Atlas Freedom Party.

(more cheers)

Now, people might be wondering, "why the freedom party"?  Well, I choose that name and that theme, because, in times like these, I can find no better model for what our nation and our party should stand for, both at home and abroad, than the Four Freedoms laid down by FDR.

In his speech of January, 6 1941, President roosevelt handed down to the greatest generation of Americans, the Four Freedoms which America, and his administration, would promote.  These Freedoms included:

Freedom From Want

Freedom of Religion

Freedom From Fear

and Freedom of Speech

These four principles will be the foundation for our party.

We will promote Freedom From Want by providing those programs that help the poor and marginalized in this country to live secure, productive lives and provide for them, and their children the educational opportunities to advance.  Our programs will not be handouts, however.  Abusers will be punished, recipients will be given incentives to move out and succeed on their own.  The Freedom Party understands that the ultimate Freedom is that which one can provide themselves.

The Freedom Party will promote this principle abroad as well, as we will increase educational aid to 3rd World nations to help them become productive members of the world community.  A rising tide lifts all boats.  If we can get these nations on their feet, it can only mean good things for our country and expanded economic opportunity.

We will promote Freedom of Religion, but not Freedom From Religion.  The AFP will assure that no religion is given favoritism by the government and that all persons shall have the right to worship, or not, however they see fit.  However, we will not opperate to actively remove God from the Public sector.  We will promote government involvement in faith based charities, as we believe that they are in many cases, the best groups for the job, as they are closest to the communities that the live and work in.

We will promote this ideal abraod as well.  Where ever there is genocide... where ever people are being persecuted... where ever any Christian, Jew, Muslim or Hindu lives in fear because of their faith, Atlasia will be there to restore liberty and justice for all.

We will promote Freedom from fear.  No American should ever live in fear simply because they are poor, Black, Jewish, Gay or otherwise.  We will assure that our laws and our words promote justice accross our nation.

This goes the same for all of the world.  Where ever people cry out in agony because of tyranny, Atlasia will answer their cries.

Finally, but not least of which, we will promote Freedom of Speech.  Our nation was founded on the principle that all people should have a turn at the podium.  In Atlasia, every person's opinion matters and we should work to keep it that way.

Globally, we will work to promote Democratic Reforms in other nations.  The UN isn't cutting it folks.  We will create our own alliance... a true alliance of nations, in order to combat the rising tides that seek to wash away the freedoms and liberties that are the natural rights of all citizens of the world.

We do not only seek to promote economic "freedom" or social "freedom".  This is freedom with responsability to our fellow man.  This is a just Freedom.

Thank You.

I'm willing to take any questions.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 02:40:09 PM »

Faith based charities are the best for the job. So lets spoil them by envolving the government with them, so that we have no alternative but the state.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 02:47:46 PM »

Faith based charities are the best for the job. So lets spoil them by envolving the government with them, so that we have no alternative but the state.

No, it will only be small amounts of funding.  We will not destroy their autonomy.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 03:27:14 PM »

Mr. Supersoulty I wish for you to reconsider your Senate run. Thank you.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 03:32:06 PM »

No, it will only be small amounts of funding.  We will not destroy their autonomy.

Any funding destries their authonomy.
In an hipothetical scenario, let's say the federal government allocates 3 Milllion Dollars to charities, from the new No Blind Left Behind program. Let's say a charity helps blind, deaf and otherwise impaired people. In order to recieve the blind money, they will care less about the other people, they will only worry about showng the feds they care for the blind. And as government bureucrats will only favor what will keep their jobs, they probabily will give the money to the worst charity availeble, so that when the money is all misused, they will have problems to solve in order to keep them employed, and maybe to create the need for even more like-minded parasytes.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 04:09:29 PM »

Neil Young here for The Region:

I have several questions for you:

1) What is your position on the diverse versions of a Federal Powers Amendment that the Senate is considering in the wake of the Fritz v. Ernest ruling?

2) Since with the exception of the Fascist Party, no party has said that it is against freedom, what is it that makes your party distinct from each of the major parties?

3) Should we expect to hear of other people joining the Freedom Party soon, and if so who, or is this just another one-person party?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 04:39:58 PM »

Neil Young here for The Region:

I have several questions for you:

1) What is your position on the diverse versions of a Federal Powers Amendment that the Senate is considering in the wake of the Fritz v. Ernest ruling?

2) Since with the exception of the Fascist Party, no party has said that it is against freedom, what is it that makes your party distinct from each of the major parties?

3) Should we expect to hear of other people joining the Freedom Party soon, and if so who, or is this just another one-person party?

Thank You Neil.

First off, I support the version of the bill introduced by Ernest.  I think that we need to clearly define the rules of the various branches, more so than we have in the past, and his proposal goes furthest towards finally making some sence out of the system.

Secondly, no, no party has ever denied freedom, but what makes us different is that our platform is based mostly, but not entirely on the Four Freedoms liad out by President Roosevelt, as I believed this to be an appropriate theme for the goals that we are trying to advance.

Thirdly... ahhhh, I certainly hope so.  (chuckle)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 04:42:05 PM »

I decided to jump back in via special request, so no.  Sorry.
Demrepdan

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 04:52:58 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2004, 04:56:21 PM by Justice Demrepdan »

I'm joining the Freedom Party, Super. Wink

I believe this party is for Republicans and Democrats. It helps create common ground....it gives basic principles that ALL Atlasians believe in.....and that Americans believe in as well. Freedom is the overlaying aspect of our country and it transcends throughout that Atlas as well....so will it be with this party....and may all be welcome to it.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 04:58:58 PM »

I do not support Freedom from Want.  I prefer to keep my wants, and if you try to take them away from me I will defend myself.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 05:00:03 PM »

I do not support Freedom from Want.  I prefer to keep my wants, and if you try to take them away from me I will defend myself.

What do you mean?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 05:16:07 PM »

May I ask who that special request was by?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2004, 05:17:18 PM »

May I ask who that special request was by?

Seek and you shall find
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2004, 05:18:26 PM »

Who was it then?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2004, 05:19:19 PM »

Welcome back Super, I hope you stay on this time. Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2004, 05:19:57 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2004, 05:26:42 PM by supersoulty »

I'm just as confused as you are.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2004, 05:20:51 PM »

Thank you.  I know we aren't running up the same alley, but you should check out the Freedom Party anyway.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2004, 05:31:30 PM »

Thank you.  I know we aren't running up the same alley, but you should check out the Freedom Party anyway.

Yeah, I will...thing is I don't want to be part of the general jumping around between different parties that has been constantly going on in the forum. Moderates should be able to work together in one party, and for all its faults the UAC remains that party to me. We've lost a few members to the AFDNC and various one-person parties, but I still think we're the best force for centrist policies. I will probably endorse you though, for what it's worth.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2004, 05:36:57 PM »

Yeah, I will...thing is I don't want to be part of the general jumping around between different parties that has been constantly going on in the forum. Moderates should be able to work together in one party, and for all its faults the UAC remains that party to me. We've lost a few members to the AFDNC and various one-person parties, but I still think we're the best force for centrist policies. I will probably endorse you though, for what it's worth.

The UAC is bland, and it doesn't really stand for much of anything.  That is why it has fallen apart.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2004, 05:50:47 PM »

The UAC is bland, and it doesn't really stand for much of anything.  That is why it has fallen apart.

It does stand for something, the only problem is that people have much higher demands on other parties than the 2 major ones.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2004, 05:57:16 PM »

I like the Freedom Party, but I'm not clear on how its purpose is much different from the UAC except it is more economically liberal (which I like).
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2004, 06:05:34 PM »

I like the Freedom Party, but I'm not clear on how its purpose is much different from the UAC except it is more economically liberal (which I like).

The UAC is a more European Libertarian party.

We are a more populist party that promotes a more traditionist angle in our philosophy.  We are not economically liberal per se rather we take the approuch of more traditionist Democrats, in that we draw our ideas from a belief in the general betterment of the human condition as a whole, as opposed to seeking to promote a Lockeian veiw of "absolute freedom".  Does that help?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2004, 06:07:25 PM »

I agree 100% with 3 of your 4.
But don't worry i won't try to join. Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2004, 06:15:34 PM »

I agree 100% with 3 of your 4.
But don't worry i won't try to join. Smiley

I would like anyone interested to join, but (shrug)
Doug D. Wise
evilteddybear
Rookie

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2004, 06:49:27 PM »

I am interested in joining the Freedom party! how can i do so?

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies