Campaign Manager
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:32:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Campaign Manager
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Campaign Manager  (Read 648 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 17, 2004, 05:36:20 PM »

I am very Honored to be able to announce that former president/justice now senator Nym90 has agreed to be my campaign manager!
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 09:42:04 PM »

Bump-O-Rama
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 09:48:21 PM »

Has he confirmed this yet?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 09:51:13 PM »

Privately
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 09:53:32 PM »

I mean, shouldn't he posted here confirming what you said is true? At most things like this, the two people meet for a press conference, with the user (You) and the producer (Nym).
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 09:54:35 PM »

He told me it was o.k. to post it.
i think he got busy.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 12:53:47 AM »

Yes, I am here to announce my support of Texasgurl, who I feel has been a strong independent voice in the Senate, fighting for her constituents' best interests, and standing up for the values that we all hold dear. While I deeply respect Al and feel that he is a fine candidate, and would make an excellent Senator, I feel that Texasgurl has done nothing to warrant being voted out of office, and is a fine Senator who deserves reelection. I will be managing her campaign for reelection.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 09:20:09 AM »

While I deeply respect Al and feel that he is a fine candidate, and would make an excellent Senator, I feel that Texasgurl has done nothing to warrant being voted out of office, and is a fine Senator who deserves reelection.

That's fine by me. When I decided to run I assumed that WV wasn't going to be in the same district as Wisconsin, as the old district is something of a partisan gerrymander (albeit a weak one) for a party that no longer exists.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 05:41:45 PM »

Thank you Nym! Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 06:20:52 PM »

That's fine by me. When I decided to run I assumed that WV wasn't going to be in the same district as Wisconsin, as the old district is something of a partisan gerrymander (albeit a weak one) for a party that no longer exists.

The thing is Al, in order to get WV out of the same district as WI, we either would have needed to enact a radical redistricting plan instead of one that just evolved the existing districts, or we would have had to stuff WV into a crowded District 2.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 06:56:28 AM »

The thing is Al, in order to get WV out of the same district as WI, we either would have needed to enact a radical redistricting plan instead of one that just evolved the existing districts, or we would have had to stuff WV into a crowded District 2.

I'm aware of that, it's just that as the previous re-districting was radical, I'd assumed this would be as well.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 07:00:31 AM »

While I deeply respect Al and feel that he is a fine candidate, and would make an excellent Senator, I feel that Texasgurl has done nothing to warrant being voted out of office, and is a fine Senator who deserves reelection.

Thanks. My general policy is that if multiple candidates would be fine choices in my opinion, I go with the incumbent. Hence past support for Demrepdan over Texasgurl, and Hughento over Fritz. An incumbent has to give me a reason to throw him/her out of office.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies