Doctor Who Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:28:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Doctor Who Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: Doctor Who Thread  (Read 32264 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: January 05, 2013, 09:18:16 PM »

I prefer Moffat to RTD. I like the complex storylines that play out the whole season to RTD's approach where there's sorta something there all season and then BAM everything comes from nowhere in the last episode.

On another note, anyone else want to see a Paternoster Gang spinoff show? Vastra, Jenny and Strax stopping regular crimes and wibbley wobbley, timey wimey things?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #226 on: January 06, 2013, 12:15:06 AM »

At this point I'd be at least as committed to following that as I am to Doctor Who.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #227 on: January 07, 2013, 09:47:08 AM »

Sorry to be the boring foreigner who watches dubbed series and talks about stuff that happened more than a year ago, but I'm still in the process of finishing season 6... I'm really not liking it. A confused plot that keeps expanding with no clear direction, a succession of useless "SHOCKER" moments... It doesn't look like the Doctor Who I knew.

(BTW, please forgive me for pausing the survivor... I can't resume it before May at least Sad)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #228 on: January 07, 2013, 07:30:22 PM »

I like Dr. Who, but ever since after the scene where he "dies", (no not the season finale, where the people find out about his "death" then randomly go to "Space, ...1969...") until "The Wedding of River Song" felt really tense, and felt heavy, when I saw "Let's Kill Hitler" I had fealt it the most...
anyways, my favorite Doctor is the 10th, but the 11th was pretty good.
I don't know, but why, but why doesn't anybody talk about the 9th Doctor?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #229 on: January 09, 2013, 08:27:07 AM »

I don't know, but why, but why doesn't anybody talk about the 9th Doctor?

The 9th Doctor was absolutely awesome, and I'd bet that he had the potential to be as great as the 10th had he been given more season to build his character. It's sad to see him so ignored/underrated.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #230 on: January 09, 2013, 08:28:11 AM »

Never watched Altho I'm probably going to try some day.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2013, 04:57:25 PM »

You must!

Anyway, watched the final episodes of the season. The God Complex was pretty good, honestly, Moffat-esque in the best way (with tons of angst and a not too convoluted plot). Comeback Tour was hilarious. However, the ending is a major disappointment, once again. Did they really not manage to find a final twist that made any sense whatsoever? So that's it, the Doctor's trick to cheat an "unavoidable" death is... a robot. So much for a "fixed point in time", apparently the only thing required to fix the mess was that something with the appearance of the Doctor be seemingly fatally shot at lake Silencio on 4/22/2012. Big deal...

I hope Moffat will reconsider his recent writing style a bit, because he's capable of so much better. Still looking forward to season 7, of course. Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #232 on: February 01, 2013, 08:35:01 PM »

Thought I'd post this because I doubt many even knew it was made but it's the final unshot scene after The Angels Take Manhattan. Really sad.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/watch-the-unshot-pond-scene-40649.htm
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »

All right, THIS is why I didn't like seasons 5 and 6.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #234 on: February 13, 2013, 03:53:40 PM »

Yesterday a 2013 Christmas Special was officially confirmed. We don't know exactly what is happening with the Anniversary Special, but right now it appears to at least be one 60 min. special with the BBC telling us they haven't announced anything yet and it will "blow our minds".

Oh, also a Series 8 was confirmed but no date, most likely later 2014. Sad
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #235 on: February 16, 2013, 06:04:06 AM »

For those that have BBC America, did anyone here watch the recent special: Doctor Who: The Doctors Revisited. Apparently, there will be one per month (which means per Doctor). The first was the First Doctor, which included a special specific to him, but also included the entirely of The Aztecs from 1964. The next will be at the end of this month with the Second Doctor and The Tomb of the Cybermen from 1967.

I'd never seen any of the classic Doctor Who until that first special last month, but I have to see it was really good. I'm really interested to see the rest of the specials with the specific episodes per Doctor.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #236 on: February 16, 2013, 06:15:55 AM »

Me and the wife watched it.  She loves Doctor Who and I don't hate it.  I love "background" type stuff (I have listened to DVD commentary tracks for sh**t I'd never watch in the normal way) and she doesn't hate it.  So we enjoyed the documentary part.  We tried to watch the old episode, but it was just too silly.  She might have been able to enjoy it had I not been there giving it the MST3K treatment.

I'm an ass in real life too Wink
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #237 on: February 16, 2013, 06:29:36 AM »

It was a really strange episode to watch when you're used to the Ninth Doctor and beyond. It wasn't hard to see the flaws, but I thought it was more interesting to actually see the style of the First Doctor and his companions. The show was so different at that time. It really should be fascinating to see the Second Doctor, especially with a somewhat relatable Cybermen episode.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies