Doctor Who Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:21:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Doctor Who Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Doctor Who Thread  (Read 32474 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 24, 2010, 12:57:38 AM »

I recall making fun a friend's older brother when I was a teenager (many many moons ago) who watched the original show.  I still find the first run of it to be a little too corny for my liking.  My wife watches the current run of it and so I've seen a lot of episodes (many of them multiple times...the Library and the one where The Master tries and to take over the world...what with the shaky heads and stuff).  It's nowhere near the worst thing she watches (that would be anything with Gordon Ramsey or some of the lamer SciFy shows...I'm looking at you Sanctuary), but I've never been much of a SciFi guy (other than Star Wars of course...and SG-1 I guess).  The kids seem to like it too...not as much as The Walking Dead or South Park mind you, but they do enjoy it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 12:19:28 AM »

Antonio, if you think Episode 2 was heartbreaking, just wait until you watch Episode 8 (Vincent and the Doctor), or even A Christmas Carol (this year's Christmas Special).  Those are the two most emotional stories I've seen since Matt Smith took the helm.
Why must they make the Christmas episodes so confussing.  They are going to get a lot of people watching the show for the first time (because a lot of people are at grandma's house or whatever) and they give them that?  I watched it at the inlaw's place with a handful of people that have never seen the show and they were left confused.

I like the new Doctor and Amy.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 09:01:13 AM »

RIP
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 06:11:36 AM »

It's Sci-Fi, they can write themselves out of any corner they write themselves into.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 05:42:30 AM »

No, it's more like.....I don't know....a not very good X-Files?  I found it boring and the characters unlikeable.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 01:54:50 PM »

I'm game too, just link to the game in this thread and I'm sure we'll see it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 04:21:26 AM »

aye, a depressing episode.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 12:02:17 AM »

I don't know, last year I must have bought more into the story 'cause the tear jerker scenes worked on me.  This year I just giggled...."an entire family crying at Christmas".  Though I do like Clara.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 06:15:55 AM »

Me and the wife watched it.  She loves Doctor Who and I don't hate it.  I love "background" type stuff (I have listened to DVD commentary tracks for sh**t I'd never watch in the normal way) and she doesn't hate it.  So we enjoyed the documentary part.  We tried to watch the old episode, but it was just too silly.  She might have been able to enjoy it had I not been there giving it the MST3K treatment.

I'm an ass in real life too Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies