Foreign Policy Reform Act of 2010 (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:02:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Foreign Policy Reform Act of 2010 (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Foreign Policy Reform Act of 2010 (Law'd)  (Read 4277 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: November 23, 2010, 08:20:39 PM »

Since I'm the one who initiated the project and wrote most of it, with valuable SoEA suggestions, and since it's become Administration initiative, I'd just like to say few words.

Foreign-related events are neglected. SoEA, whether it was Ben, Hashemite or someone else, was basically reduced to a dude who posted some updates, nobody really cared about.

We have an opportunity to finally make foreign-related events a valuable addition to the game, which is only going to serve

Echoing Badger's concerns, I'd be perfectly happy with someone of you offering an Amendment specifying, that it may not be new event, but GM have to cover foreign-related event, whether new or continuation of the previous one, once per 2 weeks.

Because, Badger, your activity as GM is a KEY of this reform. Otherwise, it's pointless waste of a time.

If we abandon a required scheduled, it's going to end as always.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 06:53:51 AM »

I agree the GM's activity is a key part of this bill. Which perhaps means the GM could've/should've been consulted for his input on the measure, no?

Will all due respect, Badger, but now you're talking like most GMs before you.

The only way to ensure that GM is even going to take care on this is to mandate this. Otherwise, it's going to end as usual...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 01:57:25 PM »

All right, I'm hereby removing myself from any administration activity in a light of GM and my boss stance.

With Badger "suggestions" (why every GM must turn out to be cowardish failure?), this bill is an useless piece and in my opinion, you can just reject it now.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 05:02:07 PM »

Tell, be, Badger, is that ego problem (nobody asked me to allow it) or just you don't feel able to write something about foreign relations once per two weeks?

Since I doubt it's the former, I must conclude that any GM who can't make one foreign policy entry per two week... is just another of long line of disengaged GMs.

The 3/4 of the bill are worthless demonstration without clausule 1.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 05:04:55 PM »

All right, I'm hereby removing myself from any administration activity in a light of GM and my boss stance.

With Badger "suggestions" (why every GM must turn out to be cowardish failure?), this bill is an useless piece and in my opinion, you can just reject it now.

Easy Kal, that's a bit of an overreaction, no? Sad I've always been (and remain) 100% behind 3/4 of the bill, and have come around to support the principles behind Clause 1. The only remaining difference is whether to mandate foreign events/updates every two weeks (far too structured for the reasons Purple State gave) or two months (a good cautious start, IMHO, which can always be upped if needed and I fully intend to exceed on my own anyway.)

It's all good.

How you Midwesterners say? Oh yes: "Hughughughughug". Smiley

I might agree to a minimum of one event per month, but two months I'll never get behind.

Per month, very minimalistic, very unambitious, very "more of the same, eg. nothing"... but obviously we can't get anything better from President and GM.

Don't blame me nor SoEA.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 02:47:19 AM »

Oh wait you idiots got rid of the death penalty. Tongue  Looks like your screwed. Been nice knowing you. Tongue

While we can't hang people, those, who displeased us may always die in an unfortunate car accidents.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 02:06:28 PM »

Probably as you all noticed, from time to time I'm grossly overreacting. This is not justification, but that usually happens when I have very bad RL day.

Badger, I'm sorry for the tone, but I'm insisting once again, that the bill is not representing any value without section 1. Because without GM involvement, there can't be an active foreign policy. Period.

I can personally accept one month compromise, but if this idea is totally stricken, I'm disavowing this project.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 01:30:31 AM »

Is it just me or are Badger and Kal talking around one another?

I think you need to send some insulting PMs.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 07:31:42 PM »

Ok, the merit of the project is saved.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 08:14:56 PM »

I'm sorry for injecting into Yankee duties now, but...

Where the hell are you, so-called "Senators"?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 03:16:25 PM »

Wait a moment... I'm technically President of the Senate. That mean, I can yell at people too. Yay!

LAZY SHEEPS!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 06:20:14 PM »

Nah, it was just some dude called HuggyBear...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 05:26:48 AM »

*hughughug*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies