Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:09:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge  (Read 53139 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: January 04, 2012, 11:24:04 AM »

Smith has a whopping $4.4 million on hand.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #201 on: January 08, 2012, 11:49:22 AM »

Tim Burns won the Central PA State Committee straw poll yesterday.

Burns - 32
Rohrer - 22
Welch - 22
Smith - 20
Christian - 2
Scaringi - 1

The "others" should be dropping out shortly with petition circulation season beginning in two weeks. This is clearly a four man race: Rohrer, Smith, Burns and Welch.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2012, 11:16:19 PM »

Cummings has dropped out and endorsed Burns. Not that it matters. She wasn't a factor anyway.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »

Welch won the Northeast PA State Committee Caucus straw poll with 44% of the vote. Not sure on the exact breakdown but Welch getting that much support in a crowded field is impressive. Kind of surprising that Rohrer didn't win there.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2012, 09:01:48 PM »

Continuing with the "Phil talks to himself" thread... Tongue

In a blow to Welch, the Southeast caucus voted tonight to not endorse in the Senate race. This is probably because of fellow SE PA candidate David Christian who, somewhat surprisingly, had a Super PAC swoop in to help him out by attacking Welch and Smith in a series of mailers to State Committee members.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2012, 10:55:02 AM »

The Governor apparently started calling party leaders yesterday, asking them to support Welch. It wasn't enough to sway the SE caucus but this is a big boost for Welch overall. This likely means an endorsement from State Committee.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2012, 12:15:14 PM »

State Committee is holding its endorsement vote right now. Welch is expected to get it thanks to some serious arm twisting by the Governor (I saw some of it first hand when I was up there last night). Not sure why Corbett is pushing so hard for it but he is. This will be a big boost to Welch but Smith will be staying in regardless. Same with Rohrer (but that's understood). Burns might be out.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2012, 12:25:05 PM »

Despite the best efforts of almost every candidate other than Welch, the motion to endorse has passed. Welch should have this locked up.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2012, 02:45:36 PM »

Which one is Welch? The one who made the aborted run for PA-06 in 2010?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2012, 04:34:24 PM »

Welch officially endorsed. No word on whether or not Burns is out.

Which one is Welch? The one who made the aborted run for PA-06 in 2010?

He ran and dropped out in PA 6 and PA 7 in 2010.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2012, 01:47:33 PM »

Tim Burns has dropped out.

I only have to choose between Welch and Smith now but I'm even more undecided than ever before.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2012, 09:56:49 AM »
« Edited: March 14, 2012, 10:24:47 AM by Keystone Phil »

Quinnipiac - Casey has a 46% to 27% approval rating. He has a surprising high 31% approval rating amongst Republicans (there's that Casey name!) but only 8% would vote for him. He leads a hypothetical Republican by twelve - 46% to 34%. 48% say he deserves re-election. In other news, Toomey has a 42% to 28% approval rating.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2012, 08:14:17 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2012, 08:19:32 PM by Keystone Phil »

PPP showing the typical Casey lukewarm ratings (especially with Dems) as well. Rohrer leading in the primary with about half undecided. I'll post the poll in the poll board...until noticing that Inks did it. Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2012, 09:56:26 AM »

Welch incorporates Santorum in his first TV ad - http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Di34-wlq4TB0&v=i34-wlq4TB0&gl=US

Very wise strategic move for a candidate with problems with most of the base. I guess it also helps that Welch's media consultant is also Santorum's but I believe Welch's people also have ties to the Romney campaign.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2012, 08:06:02 PM »

Do you know why Welch became a Republican? I read that he was formerly a Democrat.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2012, 09:52:01 PM »

Do you know why Welch became a Republican? I read that he was formerly a Democrat.

He was a Republican then switched to Dem in 2008 to vote for Obama in the primary (says he became disillusioned with the GOP on spending matters). He switched back to Republican and voted for McCain but the Obama vote is obviously pissing a lot of people off. Also, while still a Republican, he helped Sestak in 2006.

Welch ran into even more trouble when the Governor claimed that Welch switched as part of Operation Chaos. The problem? Operation Chaos was for people to vote for Hillary, not Obama. This gaffe has hurt Welch even more.

I'm thrilled to be going to the Senate debate next week here in Philly. It's the first time I'll be hearing from the candidates in a debate. Here's hoping I'll decide on a candidate by this time next week.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2012, 03:39:37 PM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #217 on: April 04, 2012, 07:49:38 AM »

Debate tonight at the Union League. I serve on the board of one of the groups that is hosting so I'll be there and hope to finally get a good idea as to whom I'll be supporting. If you're a Pennsylvanian and watch to watch, tune into PCN at 6:30. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #218 on: April 04, 2012, 06:47:18 PM »

Rohrer has a Perry-esque moment. Freezes for awhile when asked to name a time when Casey was socially liberal, then mentions Obamacare, then freezes again and admits he was caught off guard. Ouch.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #219 on: April 04, 2012, 07:54:10 PM »

Smith: "...Specter ran in 2010?"

Wow. Rohrer didn't have the biggest gaffe tonight. This is horrible. He doesn't remember candidates he voted for and then asked what Welch had for breakfast three weeks ago. Terrible attempt at a save. Your votes are a little more important, Tom.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #220 on: April 05, 2012, 01:10:45 AM »

Wow. Rohrer didn't have the biggest gaffe tonight. This is horrible. He doesn't remember candidates he voted for and then asked what Welch had for breakfast three weeks ago. Terrible attempt at a save. Your votes are a little more important, Tom.

I don't trust Welch or his reasons for changing his voter registration. And Rohrer seems to much in the mold of the Buck and Angle, and we all know how their races went. Is there anyone remotely electable even running? What about that former Santorum aide?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #221 on: April 05, 2012, 02:54:20 AM »

I don't trust Welch or his reasons for changing his voter registration. And Rohrer seems to much in the mold of the Buck and Angle, and we all know how their races went. Is there anyone remotely electable even running? What about that former Santorum aide?

You consider him electable? Even remotely???
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #222 on: April 05, 2012, 02:59:16 AM »

Rohrer is a very intelligent and articulate man. That said, I fear a very easy Casey win if he was the nominee. Scaringi - the former Santorum aide - isn't going to come close to winning the primary.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #223 on: April 05, 2012, 03:03:41 AM »

Rohrer is a very intelligent and articulate man. That said, I fear a very easy Casey win if he was the nominee. Scaringi - the former Santorum aide - isn't going to come close to winning the primary.

What makes him unelectable?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #224 on: April 05, 2012, 03:06:54 AM »

What makes him unelectable?

Scaringi? Doesn't have the funding, big resume or big backers, quite frankly.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies